Sign in to follow this  
jphardy

Bogo Accomodation

jphardy

Can anyone recommend a decent budget place to stay for one night in Bogo?

miles-high

You may wish to set the parameters, e.g., $, location, dining, wifi, to get "decent" suggestions

Edited by miles-high

jphardy

Thanks i'll let you know where we end up staying

John

tom_shor

There is also a pension house in the downtown area called the Nagano Pension house. We stayed there on my last trip to Bogo. TV with a reasonable selection of channels A/C worked well. Priced about the same as the other one mentioned.

udonthani

though I've not stayed there and only noticed it from a passing trike while we were on our way through from Leyte to Bantayan, a new pension apparently opened up in Bogo not so long back near the Gaisano, made a note of its name and found it even has a website, which is very unusual for a pension house in a small town of Bogo's size.

Northhomes Pension

http://bogonorthhomes.com/rates/

rbm

Hi and in my opinion just one place to stay in Bogo, I have tried them all.

Sad to say the name has slipped my tongue....Its Bogo Lodge or similar, anyway so easy to find. From Gasano just walk down towards the ocean take 3 rd street to the left, walk a couple of blocks. It directly at the rear of the main Plaza. Just 5...6 minutes from Gasano Its reasonably new costs about P800 a night, clean and hot water.

RickyL

I stayed at Northhomes in December. The place is brand new and clean. Way better than the tall pension(I think its Nagano) across from the bank, cheaper too. Their website says 950 for deluxe but they had a promo on when I was there for 800.

Edited by RickyL

udonthani

that's still overrpriced. Provincial pensions should be going for more like 600, not 800. 800 is what you're getting in Cebu city itself for same level of accommodation. That's what pensions in Compostela, Argao, Carcar are charging on Cebu, if you know where to find them.

What you may not realise is that international travellers are going to notice this overrpricing. And it will affect sales. They won't bother to come to the country at all. They'll just go somewhere else that offers better value for money. Accommodation is the main principal spend for the tourists, price it too much and it will put people off.

Paul

Bogo Pension is reasonably priced, and has already been suggested.

But, another one, near the market, is called 4 D's Pension. It is also reasonably priced, but does not offer a pool, as does Bogo Pension.

Incidentally, Bogo is 100 kilometers north of Cebu City, or about ~62 miles. By bus, it will typically take about 2 hours to get there from Cebu City.

Depending on the bus you take, you may have a short stop over on the way up. But, there are limited stop buses also plying that route.

udonthani

if they have a pool, and all the expense that entails, then how come they don't have a website? Why is the marketing so bad?

Stranded Shipscook

You may wish to set the parameters, e.g., $, location, dining, wifi, to get "decent" suggestions

Paul

if they have a pool, and all the expense that entails, then how come they don't have a website? Why is the marketing so bad?

Wait. As well traveled, and knowledgeable as you are about the Philippines, you have to ask?

udonthani

some of them have gotten round to having facebook pages. Better than nothing I suppose, but you might have thought that when somebody is willing to spend the considerable amount of money necessary to build a swimming pool, not to mention the resort itself, they might also want to construct a website as well.

here's an example http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000876583617

this place must have cost many millions of dollars to build, and you would have thought they'd be keen to promote it by making a website. Instead, they just open a dummy facebook account.