Illegal marriage?

Paul

I think you would have to be married in a Mosque and be a Muslim in order to bypass the Philippine Law -

Instead if it is so important to you (anyone) that they marry an underage woman, why not live with her as a married couple for the number of years until she is 18 then do so legally?

Because, in a word, it's illegal.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Paul

• Headshot

• Cary

Top Posters In This Topic

mpt1947

Well when I made my suggestion I was thinking that living arrangements would be at her parents home - if the parents approved of the relationship then let them live together, with the parents until the parents could give legal consent -

Many posters are trying to come up with ways of circumventing the law - I just thought this would be one way - but I should have included that the house keeping had to be under the supervision of the girl's parents.

Well I am off to be a witness at a wedding at San Roque Church - I know the pastor - don't know the bride or groom - But my wife does and I am confident that the marriage meets both religious and legal laws.

Jess Bartone

It seems to me there are plenty of would-be takers out there jailbait.gif

jailbait-club-jailbait-teen-girls-demotivational-poster-1265410042.jpg

The worst thing about getting old is that (for a man anyway) we still have this genetically imprinted directive to procreate with healthy, fertile females. I know plenty of animals mate for life, but that is their genetic imprint too. For humans, it seems more complex, and in one sense Muslims have the right idea choosing multiple wives, as a lot of men do seem to have a penchant for multiple females.

I think the one thing that defines a good man is his ability to choose one woman and focus his life on her alone... never forgetting of course that it's free to look (furtively if needs becool_01.gif)... his actions speak louder than any words. Stick to your (adult) wife please gentlemen, the rewards for your effort of self-control and staying true to one woman is worth a million times more than momentary pleasure.

fireworks-love-relationship-reality-lust-sex-demotivational-poster-1285469882.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think there is a grey area from when a girl has reached puberty until she is 18. Some countries say 16 is ok while others say 18.... Whatever the age, the only thing that matters is that you don't break the law of that country or you could be in very serious trouble. i sometimes cringe when I see a very old man with a girl under 20 but I then look at myself and think I will probably so the same thing when I'm their age. It's what we are used to, if we were raised in the Philippines then it is everyday life to see such older men with young girls (who often look much younger as well due to their height and genes), back in the west it can be frowned upon but other times it can be looked upon with jealousy or envy. One thing that I don't like too much though is to see control freaks with their arms around their young girl and not allowing her to have some freedom, this dictators control every aspect of their life due to their own insecurities.

A_Simple_Man

Now, all come back to the Philippines happy and the laws here shall recognize it as the valid marriage... power of love, I guess

SkyMan

Well when I made my suggestion I was thinking that living arrangements would be at her parents home - if the parents approved of the relationship then let them live together, with the parents until the parents could give legal consent -

Which translates to - in the meantime it's illegal.

shadow

Not according to that same Family Code, Article 35, 1 that Admin referred to. Because Article 26 says:

The simple one is right, under the family code a marriage outside the Philippines to someone underage will not be recognized as legal here.

Larry in Dumaguete

Easyrider

Marriage laws are just like all of the other laws here. They are just suggestions that you can follow when you have nothing else to do. Compare marriage to traffic laws to get a full understanding. They only apply when a rich foreigner is involved.

rfm010

EDIT: Removed, as it was off-topic, pointless, and confusing.

but that's the best type of post!!!

while i'm at it, someone early on referred to marrying 14 or 16 year olds as against natural law. i would say that waiting until 18 or 21 is against natural law. remember until only recently life expectancy was in the 40s at best. marrying young was the norm. not that i approve of it in todays society, especially as my 14 year old daughter approaches 16, 18, 21 etc much faster than i would like.

. Some whores are still virgin when they get married because their vagina's are virgin....just their mouth and rectum weren't.

Hummm............I do not even know how to respond to that remark. Well, I could but I'm sure it would start a :) . So I will just take the high road on this one and slip out the back door........no pun intended.

dc3driver

Paul has met both my wife & I.

My wife mistated her age on her web site listing. That being said, she came (leagally) to the USA on a fiancee visa.She was 19 when we married & I was somewhat older. ( umm way older?) Our first daughter was born exactly 10 months to the day after our marriage. Just do your due dillangce!!