David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay

sundaypostLOGO.jpg

"Big boys, with big toys," to parade their wares in unity ride

A roar of big bikes will surely be deafening to the ears but no less a sight to behold as " big boys aboard their big toys" will strut their wares in a show of force and machismo during a unity ride scheduled on March 25. This and more are what await a curious public unfamiliar with the parade of big motorbikes in large number lumbering down the streets of this city and nearby towns. The motorcyclists who are members of the Bohol Bikers Club are part of the Visayas Confederation of Big Bikers Club who will be in a unity ride starting from this city enroute to Corella-Sikatuna-Loboc-Loay and back to this city. One of the prominent members of the group is Hans Schoof of Peacock Garden Luxury Resort & Spa fame. He will donate 20 drums of draft bear, a donation topped by a P100,000 cash donation during the same affair last year.

The group of big bikers who are mostly foreigners are strutting their wares in theirs Harley Davidsons, Dukati, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki among other big names in motorbikes. The club members are known by their street names Blast, Biliran Island Touring, Bohol Bikers, Cebu Bikers, Cruizers, Cycluns MC, DBBS Bikers Cebu, Harley Davidson MC Phil., Harlista Pilipinas, Hero, Island Riders Cebu, Nomads, Ormoc Extreme, Ormoc Tourers, Outsider MC-Bayawan, Outsider MC-Mactan, Ogbu Bikers, Peace Riders, Recycle Riders, Redeemer Rider, Road Runners, Thunder Biker Bikers, Thunderthugs and V-Max Owner Group. While here for two days, the bikers will host a fellowship at the Tagbilaran City Square where food and drinks will flow as if "there is no tomorrow". A band will provide the entertainment number to the crowd who will gather at the city square. For the group of big bikers, it will not all for show of bravado. They will also be touring to selected day care centers all over the city to distribute gift certificate worth p1,000. The principal sponsor of the motorcycle shindig in this city is City Mayor Dan Neri Lim. Retired Napocor executive Rolly del Rosario is the club's treasurer.

Unity-Ride-Flyer-bitmap-programm.gif

Unity-Ride-Flyer-bitmap-programm2.gif

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
Ozepete

This guy sure has a big toy!!! Hope she doesn't roll over in the cot! shocked.gif

post-6858-0-28457000-1300874152_thumb.jpg

David_LivinginTalisay

This guy sure has a big toy!!! Hope she doesn't roll over in the cot! shocked.gif

Pity you seem to think Foreigners riding BIg, Expensive, Motorcycles, is something to make a joke of?

Perhaps you were reacting to the TITLE - which I simply quoted from that Bohol Sunday Post Article

about the up coming 9th Unity Ride of the Visayas Confederation of Big Bikers Club, hosted by Bohol Bikers Club

visaya-confederation.jpg

Perhaps you only read the TITLE, and did not read to the end, where it said:-

For the group of big bikers, it will not all for show of bravado.

They will also be touring to selected day care centers all over the city to distribute gift certificates worth p1,000

It not just about Big Boys riding their Big Toys, then drinking BEER, eating and having a GOOD TIME!

I was wanting to travel with some from Peace Rider MCC, but as I had additional outlay with my son visiting from the UK and already spent 4 days/3 nights in Bohol this month, plus Birthday Party for my granddaughter Anzhelica Kate, not sure I can afford to take my Motorcycle over to Bohol for this Unity Ride, tomorrow?

41791_142388239110077_119_n.jpg

Perhaps I will save up and join in the Unity Ride and 17th Motorcyle Convention in Davao, at end of April?

On%20Any%20Sunday%20Riders%20of%20Davao%20copy.gif

17TH Motorcycle convention,

WILL BE HELD IN DAVAO, APRIL 29, 30 & MAY 1, 2011...

196896_10150098617796786_536431785_6796721_2918105_n.jpg

HOST: OASR (On Any Sunday Riders)

DATE: APRIL 29 to May 1, 2010

VENUE: Davao City

Day 1: April 29, 2011 (Friday)

Salubong & Registration Checkpoints

(Gensan: Phoenix Toril; CDO: Seagull Resort; Butuan: Carmen Fishpond Restaurant)

Arrival & Registration

Dinner & Entertainment (Drink all you can Beer)

EAT ALL U CAN FRUITS TABLE

Raffle, Fun, and Games!

Day 2: April 30, 2011 (Saturday)

Convention ride to Seagull Buda

Breakfast at Seagull

Ride to Eden Resort

Lunch at Eden Resort

Presidents Meeting at 4pm

Dinner, Entertainment (CASTROL NIGHT)

Awarding for Photo Contest & Raffle of Major Prizes

2012 Host Turnover Ceremonies

Day 3: May 1, 2011 (Sunday)

Breakfast at MTS

Send Off

OPTION to Spend the Sunday at SAMAL HIGHLANDS BEACH RESORT: (Free Food & Drinks)

for more details: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...35333999840293

Ozepete

Pity you seem to think Foreigners riding BIg, Expensive, Motorcycles, is something to make a joke of?

David, personally I find the idea of quote: 'Foreigners riding BIg, Expensive, Motorcycles' offensive if anything, specially parading them around in a country riddled with poverty. My posting that rather funny bike picture was an attempt at adding some humor, so perhaps if the macho wealthy foreigner defense mechanism could be lowered a little, you might also get a laugh out of it. Lighten up Sunshine. tongue.gif

Perhaps you were reacting to the TITLE - which I simply quoted from that Bohol Sunday Post Article about the up coming Unity Ride of the Visayas Confederation of Big Bikers Club, hosted by Bohol Bikers Club

Perhaps you only read the TITLE, and did not read to the end, where it said

Yes, I did read that, it was the short piece at the end of the rather long drawn out back slapping bit!

Edited by Ozepete

Perhaps you were reacting to the TITLE - which I simply quoted from that Bohol Sunday Post Article

about the up coming 9th Unity Ride of the Visayas Confederation of Big Bikers Club, hosted by Bohol Bikers Club

visaya-confederation.jpg

Perhaps you only read the TITLE, and did not read to the end, where it said:-

It not just about Big Boys riding their Big Toys, then drinking BEER, eating and having a GOOD TIME!

I was wanting to travel with some from Peace Rider MCC, but as I had additional outlay with my son visiting from the UK and already spent 4 days/3 nights in Bohol this month, plus Birthday Party for my granddaughter Anzhelica Kate, not sure I can afford to take my Motorcycle over to Bohol for this Unity Ride, tomorrow?

41791_142388239110077_119_n.jpg

Perhaps I will save up and join in the Unity Ride and 17th Motorcyle Convention in Davao, at end of April?

On%20Any%20Sunday%20Riders%20of%20Davao%20copy.gif

17TH Motorcycle convention,

WILL BE HELD IN DAVAO, APRIL 29, 30 & MAY 1, 2011...

196896_10150098617796786_536431785_6796721_2918105_n.jpg

HOST: OASR (On Any Sunday Riders)

DATE: APRIL 29 to May 1, 2010

VENUE: Davao City

Day 1: April 29, 2011 (Friday)

Salubong & Registration Checkpoints

(Gensan: Phoenix Toril; CDO: Seagull Resort; Butuan: Carmen Fishpond Restaurant)

Arrival & Registration

Dinner & Entertainment (Drink all you can Beer)

EAT ALL U CAN FRUITS TABLE

Raffle, Fun, and Games!

Day 2: April 30, 2011 (Saturday)

Convention ride to Seagull Buda

Breakfast at Seagull

Ride to Eden Resort

Lunch at Eden Resort

Presidents Meeting at 4pm

Dinner, Entertainment (CASTROL NIGHT)

Awarding for Photo Contest & Raffle of Major Prizes

2012 Host Turnover Ceremonies

Day 3: May 1, 2011 (Sunday)

Breakfast at MTS

Send Off

OPTION to Spend the Sunday at SAMAL HIGHLANDS BEACH RESORT: (Free Food & Drinks)

for more details: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...35333999840293

David not sure if Peace riders are attending. Perhaps with the president being out of the country could be a breakdown in communications. We have heard nothing as at 23 March.

David_LivinginTalisay

David not sure if Peace riders are attending. Perhaps with the president being out of the country could be a breakdown in communications. We have heard nothing as at 23 March.

What happened in 2010 when the 17TH Motorcycle convention, was held in CEBU?

Thought I heard Dennis saying he took part in that one?

But I guess it might NOT have been as Peace Rider MCC and affiliated to Visayas Confederation of Big Bike Clubs

It is the NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MOTORCYCLE CLUBS that runs/organises the Motorcycle Convention

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_125368400863410&ap=1

17th National Federation of Motorcycle Clubs OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE

This page will contain the latest information relevant to the 17th NFMC Annual Convention.

This is an OPEN GROUP so any NFMC member may join, on the condition that you post your REAL NAME and MC CLUB Affiliation when you join the group. NO ANONYMOUS MEMBERS ALLOWED

Host Club is On Any Sunday Riders of Davao CIty

Host City is Davao

email us at [email protected]

http://onanysundayriders.multiply.com/

ENJOY THE RIDE!

Admin Note: Be Mature and respectful please.

David_LivinginTalisay

Was posting a reply to similar Thread "big-boys-with-big-toys-to-parade-their-wares" that started after this one:-

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/29158-big-boys-with-big-toys-to-parade-their-wares/page__pid__297820#entry297820

When I hit Submit - that new Thread was GONE!

FYI, this was what I tried posting in reply to that Thread on 'offshoot' of this one:-

My Yamaha XT225 cost Php160K in December 2007 - not a lot more than the current 130K+ of a Honda XR200.

There is a surprising number of Pinnoy Bikers who spent considerably more on a Motorcycle, than I did!

Photos from'ON ANY SUNDAY RIDERS' OF DAVAO (Host Club for the 17TH Motorcycle convention180355_492870533870_673323870_6249468_4720367_n.jpg

167169_492871003870_673323870_6249485_808366_n.jpg

179455_492871808870_673323870_6249508_3898686_n.jpg

So does what you are 'complaining about' with such 'extravagant display of wealth' apply to them also?

What about Pinnoys who drive around in BMW's, big SUV's etc with their tinted windows, so you cant see the 'superior' look on their faces?

Their vehicles cost Php1.5M to Php3M+ which is considerably more than most Motorcyclists spend on a Motorcycle, and they are more environmentally friendly with less CO2 emissions, and more energy efficient.

I am a Member of Peace Rider MCC with only a 225cc motorcycle.

The Confederation of Big Bike Clubs require at least 2 Members with bikes of 400cc or greater to gain acceptance, judjing from New Club that Joined in Bacold. As the Members in the Club grows, so does the number (5?) of motorcycles of at least 400cc, I believe?

Anyone of any Nationality and a Motorcycle of any Make/Model/Capacity can join Peace Rider MCC and take part in the Unity Runs and we have had some Members taking part with a 110cc 'U-bone' scooter.

Dennis Morgan, the founder/President of the PEACE RIDER Motor Cycle Club, built a trike (2 in fact now) from a 'Multicab', wich is 3 cylinder engine of over 500cc. I think Dennis said, by doing all the work himself and buying 'surplus', it cost under Php30K!

Someone offered him Php2M for his 1st Trike (but he turned them down!).

23012011347.jpg

Dennis Morgan's Mk II Trike, gets admiring glances from Pinnoy's everywhere - they have not seen anything like it before!

Personally I think some ought to reconsider any 'bias' to those that choose to ride a Motorcycle of any capacity let alone those with Bikes >400cc?

There are many reasons why one prefers riding a motorcycle, of any cc, over a motorcar/pick-up/MPV/SUV etc

So please tell us if you drive a motor vehicle, and if so, what cc is it, and how much did you spend on it?

Then tell us if you feel any 'guilt' driving past Nippa hut communities?

My vehicle is a Hyundai Matrix 1.5CRDI VGT that cost Php700K brand new. It will be 6 years old in May and probably only worth Php420K now?

Sorry I don't feel any guilt or remorse, driving such car, with 6 pinnoy passengers, visiting Sha-Sha's Family in Barili Less so than a Pinnoy ought to feel driving a new ford Explorer costing Php2.4M, or a TOYOTA ALPHARD costing nearly Php3M?

Wonder how many Foreigners might own a BMW X5 3.0D 7 Seater costing Php6.2M. or the X5 4.8i M Sport with a price tag of Php7.75M.

How many Pinnoys owning/driving such vehicle, feels any guilt displaying such extravagant wealth?

Perhaps that is why they probably have very black tinted windows, so the locals does not know who it belongs to, and probably have a driver to convey them around also (and a bodyguard)?

musicman666

i read the joke smiled and then just skipped over it ...why all the drama? you should be secure in your choice of transport!

David Kennedy

I don't feel sorry for any Pinoys who cannot afford a big bike or a nice SUV...

I've been coming to PI since 1999, living in the country for extended periods, and interacting with the locals. I've personally experienced many more Pinoys who avoided better paying jobs, than those eager to get ahead by actually working harder at something, I'm not going to bother listing the details and excuses because its not worth the effort.

That's been my experience. Yours may have been different.

:wacko:

Edited by David Kennedy
SkyMan

I was at the 16th Convention at CICC. It wasn't the best bike event I've been to but ok. The ride was pretty nice. I'm hoping we can afford to go to Davao this year. I've only riden once since my accident in November and technically the doctor hasn't said I could walk yet though I do.

• 1 month later...
David_LivinginTalisay

230471_10150177191418509_535933508_7031950_7424984_s.jpg

BIKES and BABES 17th Natnl Fed of MC Clubs Convention

THE BIKES and BABES of the Convention

‎17th National Federation of Motorcycle Clubs ANNUAL CONVENTION

By: Carlo Macasinag

http://www.facebook....535933508&ss=on