Canadian in Cebu

graeme82

Hi everyone!!

I'm Graeme, a Canadian guy who has been living in Manila and travelling around the Philippines for the past 6 months. It's been the most incredible adventure of my life and I've been really impressed by the hospitality and genuineness of the people I've had the privilege to meet along the way. The more I see of this amazing country, the more I realize that the city of Manila couldn't be further from where I want to be. My time in Sagada, Bontoc, Banaue and Palawan was fantastic, but there's something about Cebu that always made me wish I had the opportunity to come back and spend more time there.

After much consideration, I'm taking the plunge and making my way back to see if I can start the beautiful life I've been searching for. I'm hoping to meet lots new people, make tons of new friends and become a part of a community in my new surroundings. I'm planning to start this new chapter of my life in 2 weeks in Minglanilla, where I can make an affordable and comfortable start while exploring some business opportunities and maybe even finding a woman to fall in love with. Kinda cheesy, I know, but in any case I wanted to introduce myself and begin to make some connections with people who have some knowledge and guidance to offer. I look forward to continuing to read the info here and maybe even contribute in the future.

Cheers

RogerDuMond

Welcome to the forum.

Danishman

Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers.............Flemming

Hi Graeme and mabuhy to a fellow Canadian (Vancouver). Hopefully you will have a chance to visit the area I and many other members live in.....,Dumaguete..Miguel

graeme82

Hi Graeme and mabuhy to a fellow Canadian (Vancouver). Hopefully you will have a chance to visit the area I and many other members live in.....,Dumaguete..Miguel

Appreciate the welcome Miguel! Coming from Van city as well and will definitely be exploring Dumaguete in my travels.

Lots of Canucks around here.

We are currently in Carcar, via Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

welcome!

arkitek toeknee

Welcome to the forum Graeme.... hope you'll find the answers for your search and start that "beautiful life"...

oh, if i may ask, why minglanilla?

toe-knee

graeme82

Welcome to the forum Graeme.... hope you'll find the answers for your search and start that "beautiful life"...

oh, if i may ask, why minglanilla?

toe-knee

Thanks for the welcome everyone.....I arrive tomorrow morning and couldn't be more excited!! Also a little nervous hehehe. I chose Minglanilla mostly for the low cost of rent and the ability to save some money while deciding if Cebu will become my new home. I initially made contact with an expat in my new neighbourhood and a member of this forum who has been extremely helpful in finding me accommodations and offering assistance getting settled. I like the idea of starting in a smaller community first and getting my bearings somewhere with a little more relaxed atmosphere.

I'll still be spending lots of time in the city and always looking to meet new and interesting people. Looking forward to the adventure!!!

Edited by graeme82
arkitek toeknee

Thanks for the welcome everyone.....I arrive tomorrow morning and couldn't be more excited!! Also a little nervous hehehe. I chose Minglanilla mostly for the low cost of rent and the ability to save some money while deciding if Cebu will become my new home. I initially made contact with an expat in my new neighbourhood and a member of this forum who has been extremely helpful in finding me accommodations and offering assistance getting settled. I like the idea of starting in a smaller community first and getting my bearings somewhere with a little more relaxed atmosphere.

I'll still be spending lots of time in the city and always looking to meet new and interesting people. Looking forward to the adventure!!!

hope you're enjoying your stay in cebu, pleas do find the "chaotic lifestyle" - buses & jeepneys - enticing =)

toe-knee