Are we next?

Kabisay-an gid

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Doomsday prophets, some with scientific degrees, assure us that some enormous comet or asteroid will hit the earth soon. I guess we better start looking right away for another planet to move to!

Natural disasters are a fact of life in the Philippines, as they are in many other areas of the world. Typhoons, flooding, mudslides, volcanoes etc.

Just like with the crime/security problems in some parts of the Phils, do some hard research in advance before deciding where to live. Don't be afraid to ask questions when inquiring about buying or renting a home. If your wife or girlfriend is a Filipina, and she's not familiar with the area, have her talk to some of the locals. Google is your friend, check out reputable Phils based news websites for weather and disaster info. Communicate with ex-pats who've lived in the area for a while, preferably in person, or online.

There are plenty of places to live in the Phils, where you'll be safe from natural disasters.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Alan S

• sperman

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LastManStanding

lapu lapu will get totally swamped out even with a small tsunami wave ...just like pipi island off pukett!

The earthquake would have to happen between Lapu and Lapu and Bohol. And the fault line isn't there so I wouldn't worry about that. However I shared the same concern about the low level. I have 2 houses here in Lapu and I thought wow, its really low to the sea level in some places.

The earthquake would have to happen between Lapu and Lapu and Bohol. And the fault line isn't there so I wouldn't worry about that. However I shared the same concern about the low level. I have 2 houses here in Lapu and I thought wow, its really low to the sea level in some places.

I don't know about that, if you ask the some of the locals the "fault line" is at the BOI getting visa extensions.

KeithAngel

The BOI in Cebu is easy peasy less than 1 hour 20 mins and that included getting an exit permit for which i needed to get next door 3 pics

Almost anything else might be a pain try getting an "authorised health certificate" but visa extension isnt one of them

digiteye

There are plenty of places to live in the Phils, where you'll be safe from natural disasters.

Don't tell where they are. These ignorant foreigners would go there and property prices will skyrocket. They just don't know or care how to bargain. They have the dough, its cheaper than in California, all they need is "where to sign?"

hi i live in new zealand ,and we have adds on t.v all the time saying prepare for the big one .tells us to have 4 days food and water available and all other things u need like radio battries .torch ,just common sense items ,but like everywhere most new zealanders never prepare ,but after chrictchurch ,i think more will be paying attention.2010 and 2011 have been bad here floods ,earthquakes ,with thousands of after shocks ,and last week a tornado his mega center a large shopping centre out auckland ,1 person killed and he was philippino .the world weather patterns have changed ,so it no longer being stupid to put together an emergency kit for u and your family ,i saw people in christchurch sitting on the ground with nothing but the clothes they wore , of course they never thought this could happen here ,it allways happened in someother country ,so be sensible think ahead your city could be next ,but i certainly hope not .