Potato Salad

Ate, lami but makatambok man ni, hehehehe....

Thanks for sharing, Ate.

Bob Ward

Yes, I can see where Filipinos will like this dish, although many do not cotton to potatoes that much. With that much sugar and then evaporated milk it will please the Filipino palate for sure. Odd thing is that I have never, nor have I seen or heard that anyone else, used sugar in potato salad. Enjoy ladies!!!

Edited by Bob Ward
SkyMan

No foreigner will like sweet potato salad, or spagheti for that matter. It's just wrong.

Edited by SkyMan

Manoy Bob, Terry, you can do this without sugar and use sweet potatoes instead. Good for diabetics.

Stranded Shipscook

Let them enjoy their sweet potatoe salad. Anything is allowed in the modern world of cooking.

I served "pinoy" style spags and potato salad in Germany on parties and to my own surprise people liked it.

As a chef i know that alone in my homecountry there are about 20 different varieties, including one variety with lots of raisins.

That would be sweet too.

Aside, historically in Potato eating countries potatosalad was a leftover dinner food and they chopped anything into it.

(No refrigerators in those days ! And no money for fancy food either)

The other leftover variety was to fry potatoes (again, just chop anything into it)

SkyMan

Manoy Bob, Terry, you can do this without sugar and use sweet potatoes instead. Good for diabetics.

This might be good using sweet potatos as I'd be expecting something sweet.

For regular potato salad I'd leave out the sugar, beaten eggs, salt, butter, cornstarch, and 'bacon?' increase the mustard to at least half a cup, replace the small green onion with 2 large white or yellow. Replace mayonnaise with real miracle whip. And the gerkins are optional. That's more or less my recipe.

Let them enjoy their sweet potatoe salad. Anything is allowed in the modern world of cooking.

I served "pinoy" style spags and potato salad in Germany on parties and to my own surprise people liked it.

As a chef i know that alone in my homecountry there are about 20 different varieties, including one variety with lots of raisins.

That would be sweet too.

Aside, historically in Potato eating countries potatosalad was a leftover dinner food and they chopped anything into it.

(No refrigerators in those days ! And no money for fancy food either)

The other leftover variety was to fry potatoes (again, just chop anything into it)

There are lots of recipes which began as ways to use up old food like Goulash or French Toast to use up stale bread.

towboat72

reading this post is funny because like every thing else in this world ,every one has there own idea about what the worlds best potato salad should have in it and what it will taste like .i will try this one but it sounds a bit to sweet for me .after i make it and try ill let you know

David Spicer

reading this post is funny because like every thing else in this world ,every one has there own idea about what the worlds best potato salad should have in it and what it will taste like .i will try this one but it sounds a bit to sweet for me .after i make it and try ill let you know

The family here labels my potato salad, spaghetti, etc., as sour; which is of course the opposite of sweet :-)

Athena

Actually, this recipe is not exactly sweet at all (as in sickly sweet) if you follow faithfully the measurements of the ingredients of the dressing hence my advice to go heavy on the sugar as a headsup to those who haven't tried it before and game to new gatronomic experience

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Actually, this recipe is not exactly sweet at all (as in sickly sweet) if you follow faithfully the measurements of the ingredients of the dressing hence my advice to go heavy on the sugar as a headsup to those who haven't tried it before and game to new gatronomic experience