Sign in to follow this  
angelescitypi

Waterfront Hotel

angelescitypi

This was our first visit to this hotel as a guest and as the taxi pulled up to the front we were brimming with anticipation. We had visited the hotel twice before to swim but not as hotel guests. Upon our arrival I had to flag down someone to assist with our luggage. Initially the guy who assists with calling taxis aided and ultimately we located a bellhop.

I always find it a bit of a shocker to have to walk through a metal detector especially one with security officer and his dog. I guess however they are concerned with terrorism and mayhem. So we sauntered through and proceeded to check in. Check in was flawless, quick and professional. We received our room keys with a smile. The room itself was impressive, large, tastefully decorated with a current magazine prominently displayed. The amenities were sufficient for our daily needs.

Eventually we decided to do a bit of shopping which began on the first floor Duty Free Shop and ended in the mezzanine area located on the second floor and prepare for a late lunch.We also took advantage of the lovely opportunity for an impromptu photo opt for which the setting was ideal. Finally deciding to eat I had the bright idea of using the hotel ATM machine as opposed to getting the night's cash at the mall (Ayala is right down the road). This was the only sore spot of the evening, though momentary and fleeting. The ground floor ATM was off limits I was informed by a staffer due to an event (wedding) with the second located in PAGCOR (second floor). I was refused entry due to wearing a sleeveless shirt despite informing security of my sole desire to use the ATM. Discussion with the security officer and his supervisor was met with polite but firm refusal. Getting a tad bit annoyed by there unwillingness to even consider thinking out of the box I reported this silly rule to the first floor Guest Relations Officer who informed me that a report would be generated to the duty manager and we were allowed to proceed to the event hall.

I never heard back from the duty manager about my complaint. The hotel otherwise was awesome. Breakfast was true pleasure.The food abundant and tastefully prepared. Hotel decor was very nice with no exception. Room service and the swimming pool are clearly first rate and enjoyable. We enjoyed this hotel immensely and will definitely return.

mpt1947

And the most important thing that took place during your stay.... Most of it was caught on Closed Circuit TV

TheDuke

Nice review. I had read some negative comments about the rooms on TripAdvisor but after reading your review I might stay there the next time we visit.

MOG

Nice review. I had read some negative comments about the rooms on TripAdvisor but after reading your review I might stay there the next time we visit.

My wife and I did the honeymoon suite there when we got married ..a tad expensive but it was great.. We jenoyed the Hotel..I go there often for the Buffet Pulse the Amercan consulate is on the bottom floor..

It is one of Cebu's best and my wife deserves the best...... man she has to put up with me.