Another Cebu expat behind bars

RetiredNavyGuy

With the exception of a higher possibility of a scam, this is one type of case where I don't see that much difference between here and the US. Yes, in the US, she does have a couple more hoops to jump through, but the courts and the cops, generally speaking, are still biased toward the female's side of the story since it is normally a witness-less crime. Let's face it, you don't want to piss off women anywhere in the world these days.

But in the states, do they chuck the guy in jail for a month or two just because a girl says "he raped me"?

Can a girl in the USA say to the cops "I want 20,000 to drop the charge?"

KinP

I said, with the exception of a higher possibility of a scam. Generally, the US girls would prefer to keep the guy in jail (doesn't always happen, but bail can be steep), and aren't interested in money to drop the charges - they want him burned! (No, not all of the girls, but a large percentage in my opinion. That's why I don't do one night stands anywhere, there or here.)

Edited by RetiredNavyGuy
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyF

• Cipro

• Cary

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KennyF

All messing aside, what happens in the west is that the girl yells rape and she's checked by medical staff including usually a psychiatrist. Apparently the police get stuck into her hard as they are aware that some girls "make it up".

Then if she maintains the story, the guy is charged by the police.

Here in RP, the girl goes to the police station and has the guy charged.

On that evidence alone, the cops are duty bound to arrest and holds that guy until a judge overturns the charge.

Which can take months.

KinP

USMC-Retired

It should just be a warning to all. We know the courts we know the legal system and how slow. So many expats will jump in bed with any girl. (not in this case maybe) Well try before you buy can be dangerous here. So keep that in mind. You could find yourself in the clink. All that is just a personal preference thing and really is your right and your risks.

monkeyboy

I have always said ... If you just want a one-nighter here in the PI, the safest bet is to go to the Angeles City bars on Fields Avenue and pay the barfine!

Simple and easy. The young lady is a "registered sex worker", and should be of legal age in order to be working in the bar.

Sure, something could possibly go wrong, but you have a much better chance that it won't. And if you have a problem with the girl, go talk to the bar manager or mamasan.

HAHAHAHA...thats a awesome avatar Turbota :P

If a girl files a case of rape, the PNP will bring the guy in and lock him up.

They don't care about any alibi or living together for ten years, the police HAVE to act.

And the bail is huge (if allowed).

Now the guy is guilty of rape until he goes to court and proves somehow he could not have done it.

Good luck with that.

KinP

This is exactly what is wrong with the PI legal system. Exactly to the point.

ANYONE can file a case against whoever without any investigation if the filed case are legitimitet or NOT.

I just feel sorry for this bloke. I don't care if he is guilty or not but he is now in a country that does NOT investigate the legitimity of the filed case. Basically he is screwed. Both by the offended and the legal system.

IF he is guilty, let him take the heat. IF he is innocent its a shame that he have no way to defend himself!

Stranded Shipscook

for digiteye lol

Sexual Consent Form

&

Right of Privacy Agreement

I, ________________________________, hereby declare under penalty of perjury

that I am over 18 years old.

I further declare that this agreement is of my own free will and that neither I nor

anyone near or dear to me has been threatened with harm or embarrassment.

Both parties agree that this is a private agreement not to be disclosed to third

parties except in case of accusation of sexual misconduct by the agreeing party. If

he/she shows or makes public this agreement without accusation of sexual

misconduct, it is agreed that he/she will be liable for damages for invasion of

privacy.

By initialing, _____ I agree to engage in all or some of the following consensual acts.

�� Sexual fondling and kissing

�� Oral copulation (mutual)

�� Oral copulation (unilateral) by _____________________only

�� Sexual intercourse with an FDA approved condom at all times

Other consensual sexual conduct to be specified:

I further declare that I am at this time not under the influence of alcohol, drugs or

medication and agree to engage in consensual sex with:

At this time I do not intend to change my mind before the sex act or acts are over.

However, if I do, it is further understood that when I say the words "CODE RED" my

partner agrees to STOP INSTANTLY!

Signed: _________________________ Date: __________________________

Signed: _________________________ Date: ____________________________

Disclaimer: Check with your attorney before entering into any agreement.

© 2006 Dr. Ava Cadell. All rights reserved.

It's probably invalid until notarized by a public notary here. :P But in general a nice idea :yourock:

for digiteye lol

Edited by RogerDuMond
posted twice within post

They don't care about any alibi or living together for ten years, the police HAVE to act.

Now the guy is guilty of rape until he goes to court and proves somehow he could not have done it.

Good luck with that.

KinP

ANYONE can file a case against whoever without any investigation if the filed case are legitimitet or NOT.

I just feel sorry for this bloke. I don't care if he is guilty or not but he is now in a country that does NOT investigate the legitimity of the filed case. Basically he is screwed. Both by the offended and the legal system.

IF he is guilty, let him take the heat. IF he is innocent its a shame that he have no way to defend himself!

Right, lets just have a look at this....

IF ANYONE file a case against you, you are screwed?

KennyF

My advice, from an attorney in RP was that any person can go to the fiscal office and file a charge at no cost.

For instance, lets say you team up with a girl who married young had a kid or two and was deserted by a real arsehole guy.

Lets say 2 or three years go by and everyone is happy.

Then out of the blue you wife is server papers for adultery (she is already married remember).

And maybe you get papers to charge you with alienation of affection or similar.

Of course, you will get off. No judge would uphold either case.

But in the mean time, you have to pay lots and lots of expenses.

And both you and your significant other are the talk of the barangay.

Maybe it's easier to just slip the ex husband 20,000 pesos or so. (now do you get it?)

KinP (adultery here is an 8 year sentence by the way)

Jess Bartone

There is a lot to be said for marriage vows. If a man needs to "try before you buy", then in my opinion he is "trying out" the wrong qualities.

Jesse, there is no way I would marry a girl without have "done the deed" for a few months.

KinP

I spent nearly 30 years trying your method and it turned out to be useless. So I tipped that way on it's head and looked for qualities other than how good a woman is in bed. A new world opened up to me and I have not looked back, I found real love and the rest fell sublimely into place. I understand the majority of males will think I'm all girly for that but hey I can't please everyone and why would I try when there is only one whose opinion counts to me. My beloved wife.

I hope this incident spooks some people into realising that the Philippines is not some sexual smorgasbord and there can indeed be consequences for treating women in the Philippines as some kind of a commodity. Don't bother attacking me my opinion is not negotiable.

Those of you who like to window shop before you buy, think about this; who is to say that the girl you are with has not done the same? How does that make you feel? Guess what, your girl friend feels the same because she can sense a lack of commitment from you. Yes there are scam artists in the RP who have 5 boy friends either online or in person and she tells them all she loves them. But the vast majority are loving one man women who are ready and willing to give that you if you are willing to commit to them.

Those of you who like to window shop before you buy, think about this; who is to say that the girl you are with has not done the same? How does that make you feel? Guess what, your girl friend feels the same because she can sense a lack of commitment from you. Yes there are scam artists in the RP who have 5 boy friends either online or in person and she tells them all she loves them. But the vast majority are loving one man women who are ready and willing to give that you if you are willing to commit to them.

One question.

How do you know it's the vast majority?

And some further points (and these are mathematical facts so no need to disagree).

Women spend exactly the same amount of time having sex as men

Women, on average, have exactly the same number of partners as men

This is as true in the Philippines as it is anywhere else in the world

Hence filipinas enjoy bonking around just as much as the men do. It is a complete myth that women are more faithful than men.

You have just fallen for female propaganda.

Stranded Shipscook

Good luck with that.

KinP

Not really in my experience. 5 people tried to sue me in the past 13 years, i was never arrested and all went quite smoothly in my favor.

1 labor case, 2 by ex wife claiming adultery, 1 landlady for destruction of her property, and 1 German Tourist for assault.

I must add, that ALL cases had absolutely no substance from any viewpoint, just nice try by lawyers cashing in, which they did, but not from me. I didn't even used a lawyer to defend myself.

Good luck with that.

KinP

Not really in my experience. 5 people tried to sue me in the past 13 years, i was never arrested and all went quite smoothly in my favor.

1 labor case, 2 by ex wife claiming adultery, 1 landlady for destruction of her property, and 1 German Tourist for assault.

I must add, that ALL cases had absolutely no substance from any viewpoint, just nice try by lawyers cashing in, which they did, but not from me. I didn't even used a lawyer to defend myself.

Seems to me that you really are living on the edge.

Edge, hense....

Good luck with that.

KinP

Well that is reassuring, but isn't only one of them the sort of crime you could expect to go jail for (and in that case it was a foreigner against you.)? Aren't you comparing apples and oranges?

Jess Bartone

Hence filipinas enjoy bonking around just as much as the men do.

You forget however that Filipinas generally still have the dream of getting married and having children. By and large western women dream of career first and the other stuff if they get time.