Another Cebu expat behind bars

Stranded Shipscook

This news stories are as old as the average woman most forum members are in contact with (sexually)

I mean, i read them since the eighties.

What was the conclusion for me?

a.) I don't buy/read newspapers such as the freeman or sunstar and other local blood drippers anymore, it works great, saves me a lot of money and doesn't changed my life at all ! Try it ! Read the Manila Bulletin, if any local news at all.

b.) I should avoid reading that here also, but i can't due to other reasons.

So i comment to what i think.

The "Sensationalism" about foreigners in the Media is caused by the way the readers/buyers of those Newspapers see us.

( The buyers are A and B class citizens with College/University degrees)

For them we are :

A bunch of barhopping drunkards and ugly sextourists with no respect for the culture/nation or human dignity which treat the woman like cheap blowup dolls. (Same in Thailand by the way.)

So this is what the clients of those newspapers want to read. headlines which confirm their prejudices.

Logical, isn't it. And problematic as well for the majority of expats, which are NOT like that. But as it is, a black sock in the white laundry turn the whole white laundry into grey ( Nice example, i just made that )

Now (aside from the 'scam" angle)

An expat who gets entangled openly with a pinay by living/sleeping with her is doomed to marry her ( "shotgun wedding") The values here are still conservative, meaning, a woman has to stay as a virgin until marriage and blablabla, we all know it from our past cultures.

( here its called the "Maria Clara" Ideal- For those which don't know what that is? Read about it, gives you a great insight of the local culture, which one should have anyhow, or ... see the Newspapers )

If he dumps her, she will do anything to save her face in front of her family.friends and other people. Also revenge is a possibility.

Expats (that includes those which are still on the lookout through dating or whatever) be warned !

Now to the "Tourism" angle..

I know that one from the late mother of the president myself :

What kind of Tourists they will loose with those headlines ? Those which are here for woman,right?

Clearly and officially stated they do NOT want them here. They just tolerate them.

Imagine this headline : " Philippines has once and for all ended there Sex Tourist Image by cracking down on all Nightclubs and other form of Prostitution !"

Think about the box for a moment... have you not experienced the 'smirky" faces back home when you booked/checked in or told people, that you are flying to the Philippines?

Or even were openly accused to be "one of those guys...?"

And the similar thing applies to the Government here, they are ashamed of their own image in the tourism sector.

(I have heard the realistic story that the late President Madame Corazon Aquino personally asked the Pope in Rome to forgive her for that, really !)

But they got no choice yet.

Now a tip for those which fall victim of the rape accusation...have a lawyer secured beforehand and immediately press counter charges for libel, false affidavit under oath and more.

Let your girlfriends know, that you would do that. One can drop remarks during the 'relationship" decently in the way "my friend once was accused of...and so on, use your fantasy") might fire backward coz you could wake sleeping dogs, but that's the risk when not seriously in a relationship. Because the woman here are in your bed to MARRY you, not to have a short period of fun, despite of what they say .

think about it

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyF

• Cipro

• Cary

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KennyF

I guess it's true what they say.

The only difference between free sex and paid sex is that free sex is far more expensive.

KinP

JackJohnson

This news stories are as old as the average woman most forum members are in contact with (sexually)

I mean, i read them since the eighties.

What was the conclusion for me?

a.) I don't buy/read newspapers such as the freeman or sunstar and other local blood drippers anymore, it works great, saves me a lot of money and doesn't changed my life at all ! Try it ! Read the Manila Bulletin, if any local news at all.

b.) I should avoid reading that here also, but i can't due to other reasons.

So i comment to what i think.

The "Sensationalism" about foreigners in the Media is caused by the way the readers/buyers of those Newspapers see us.

( The buyers are A and B class citizens with College/University degrees)

For them we are :

A bunch of barhopping drunkards and ugly sextourists with no respect for the culture/nation or human dignity which treat the woman like cheap blowup dolls. (Same in Thailand by the way.)

So this is what the clients of those newspapers want to read. headlines which confirm their prejudices.

Logical, isn't it. And problematic as well for the majority of expats, which are NOT like that. But as it is, a black sock in the white laundry turn the whole white laundry into grey ( Nice example, i just made that )

Now (aside from the 'scam" angle)

An expat who gets entangled openly with a pinay by living/sleeping with her is doomed to marry her ( "shotgun wedding") The values here are still conservative, meaning, a woman has to stay as a virgin until marriage and blablabla, we all know it from our past cultures.

( here its called the "Maria Clara" Ideal- For those which don't know what that is? Read about it, gives you a great insight of the local culture, which one should have anyhow, or ... see the Newspapers )

If he dumps her, she will do anything to save her face in front of her family.friends and other people. Also revenge is a possibility.

Expats (that includes those which are still on the lookout through dating or whatever) be warned !

Now to the "Tourism" angle..

I know that one from the late mother of the president myself :

What kind of Tourists they will loose with those headlines ? Those which are here for woman,right?

Clearly and officially stated they do NOT want them here. They just tolerate them.

Imagine this headline : " Philippines has once and for all ended there Sex Tourist Image by cracking down on all Nightclubs and other form of Prostitution !"

Think about the box for a moment... have you not experienced the 'smirky" faces back home when you booked/checked in or told people, that you are flying to the Philippines?

Or even were openly accused to be "one of those guys...?"

And the similar thing applies to the Government here, they are ashamed of their own image in the tourism sector.

(I have heard the realistic story that the late President Madame Corazon Aquino personally asked the Pope in Rome to forgive her for that, really !)

But they got no choice yet.

Now a tip for those which fall victim of the rape accusation...have a lawyer secured beforehand and immediately press counter charges for libel, false affidavit under oath and more.

Let your girlfriends know, that you would do that. One can drop remarks during the 'relationship" decently in the way "my friend once was accused of...and so on, use your fantasy") might fire backward coz you could wake sleeping dogs, but that's the risk when not seriously in a relationship. Because the woman here are in your bed to MARRY you, not to have a short period of fun, despite of what they say .

think about it

Here's the big problem as I see it...with this kind of pressure it

will be impossible to meet different women to decide on the right one.

I'm "serious" about finding a mate, but I'm not gonna marry just anybody.

I'm sure that I'd want to meet a few ladies on the next trip, narrow it down,

and then take more time to correspond and get to know them better, maybe another trip, etc.

If the women have the attitude that they can force you into something

or call the cops on a trumped up charge...then you don't have the ability to date

the way you do in the states and you might as well stay home. I mean, I've had

ladies online try to get me to commit after a few chats! I've had ladies tell me that they

would not talk to me if I would not commit to them. Crazy!

I can imagine that if they have you there in the flesh they must feel pressure to close

the deal, and if you want to shop around they are bound to get angry.

I had never really considered these things until now.

It sounds like a guy has no way to protect himself in these situations.

Jess Bartone

Don't let your little head do the thinking for your big head until you are married....even then there are no guarantees. Foreigners who are single and playing the field should be very careful because all it takes is one scorned woman to get them in a lot of trouble.

There is a lot to be said for marriage vows. If a man needs to "try before you buy", then in my opinion he is "trying out" the wrong qualities.

Cipro

And I thought *I* was fiddle-f*cking around. Posts like this make me feel like a real go-getter.

Um, up one. Not you Jesse, I have a different set of insults queued for you :D

Edited by locktite

I have always said ... If you just want a one-nighter here in the PI, the safest bet is to go to the Angeles City bars on Fields Avenue and pay the barfine!

Simple and easy. The young lady is a "registered sex worker", and should be of legal age in order to be working in the bar.

Sure, something could possibly go wrong, but you have a much better chance that it won't. And if you have a problem with the girl, go talk to the bar manager or mamasan.

smokey

No one seems to have mentioned stupidity.

Kano comes to wild west country, wants a cheap shag and picks up a girl. Probably doesn't check out the family or get to know her well, just wants to shag her. Shows his true intentions, pisses of the girl, ends up in clink.

Women here are not stupid, shag happy and do have a firey temprement. Piss off a pinay and you get to know about it. If you don't show respect beware.

I have no simpathy for this type of case. It is more likely the above senario than a nice guy who really wants to understand the country and it's culture but finds himself in a rape scam.

Let this be yet another warning to stupid foreigners.

why is it that most guys think the guy is in control if there is any shagging its the girl who gives it up ... so maybe you think he should only shag after marriage?

Seems relevant....

Edited by poby
Jess Bartone

And I thought *I* was fiddle-f*cking around. Posts like this make me feel like a real go-getter.

Um, up one. Not you Jesse, I have a different set of insults queued for you :P

I have two feet firmly on the ground. Problem?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Tried to insert a youtube video but cant work out how to do it and cant seem to delete my post so just ignore.

just use the url for the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw

and put it in media tags

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8p8JO2hQw

TheDuke

Don't let your little head do the thinking for your big head until you are married....even then there are no guarantees. Foreigners who are single and playing the field should be very careful because all it takes is one scorned woman to get them in a lot of trouble.

There is a lot to be said for marriage vows. If a man needs to "try before you buy", then in my opinion he is "trying out" the wrong qualities.

Your right about the marriage vow thing......but your "try before you buy" comment is a misinterpretation of my post which doesn't reference to that at all.

Edited by TheDuke
KennyF

Jesse, there is no way I would marry a girl without have "done the deed" for a few months.

KinP

RetiredNavyGuy

With the exception of a higher possibility of a scam, this is one type of case where I don't see that much difference between here and the US. Yes, in the US, she does have a couple more hoops to jump through, but the courts and the cops, generally speaking, are still biased toward the female's side of the story since it is normally a witness-less crime. Let's face it, you don't want to piss off women anywhere in the world these days.

Edited by RetiredNavyGuy
RetiredNavyGuy

Before you guys jump all over me, I am not making any assumptions about guilt or innocence here. I was just responding to comment about police bias, and I think that is true all over the world.

KennyF

With the exception of a higher possibility of a scam, this is one type of case where I don't see that much difference between here and the US. Yes, in the US, she does have a couple more hoops to jump through, but the courts and the cops, generally speaking, are still biased toward the female's side of the story since it is normally a witness-less crime. Let's face it, you don't want to piss off women anywhere in the world these days.

But in the states, do they chuck the guy in jail for a month or two just because a girl says "he raped me"?

Can a girl in the USA say to the cops "I want 20,000 to drop the charge?"

KinP