Pinoy drug mules were recruited on FB

I agree with the PDEA that you should be careful online. I do; however, disagree with their emphasis on foreigners. These drug dealers are everywhere and every nationality. But do be careful online.

smokey

what makes a person take such a risk.... could it be no job ... no food,,, do you think if there were jobs some of the mules would say ... no thanks...

Stranded Shipscook

I agree with the PDEA that you should be careful online. I do; however, disagree with their emphasis on foreigners. These drug dealers are everywhere and every nationality. But do be careful online.

Well, the drug syndicates are exclusively "foreign" abroad. Filipinos have not yet made this career outside the Philippines. And they trust foreigners with ridiculous naivity.

This is maybe why, but it does sound a bit discriminating in the first place.

Chinese, Cambodian, Laotians and Thais are also foreigners, which may give a different light to the meaning.

Paul

what makes a person take such a risk.... could it be no job ... no food,,, do you think if there were jobs some of the mules would say ... no thanks...

Not necessarily. I have seen many cases where guys had decent jobs, and earning a good living. Yet, they chose to get involved in things they shouldn't have, against my advice.

Most all of them regretted it later.

I have been there too on FB...wondering where and how they got to my account. But i tried to trace back the trail of friendships that i got till i got to few of these "foreigners" i suppose. But in behalf of some of these Filipinos made victim with this ... my personal gratitude to you for this post. This could make some people on this social networking sites to be aware of what is going on.