American nabbed for taking videos of topless girls in Cebu

Cipro
if there isn't any law that prevents some scout master from taking 14 year old boys into their confidence, persuading them on the internet and sending them money for the fare to take a bus from one town to another, putting them in a tent ...

Well that seems like a typical scouting trip almost, except for the parts you invented about being naked and distributing the video. Don't get me wrong, I think this guy is a flake, creep, and up to no good, but we shouldn't be arresting people based on what we imagine they had in mind to do. The law about a man being in the same room as an unrelated minor alone is one of those terrible laws that is sexist and complete bullshit. Fortunately in this case, he wasn't alone.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• udonthani

• Cary

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

>>> ages 14, 16, and 17.   The guy must be either insane or incredibly naive. A 34 year old foreigner together in a tent with a naked 14 year old girl?   Why not just drink arsenic and g

What a Doorknob. Well now he can blogg about his new bunk-mates and his new video, "Cebu Prison's Little Bitch" or "My Adventures Getting on the Blacklist" starring himself in the title role.   Jus

Jess Bartone

if those 'nefarious purporses' include shooting videos, it would still be illegal if the women were all thirty years of age. Because of the influence of the church on society, any kind of p*ornography is illegal in the Philippines and I'm almost sure a set of circumstances like that would come under the umbrella of human trafficking under the law.

Which of course leaves little room for denial.

Cipro

Which of course leaves little room for denial.

Ah so topless pictures of my wife or fiancee make me a criminal in the Philippines?

musicman666

The law about a man being in the same room as an unrelated minor alone is one of those terrible laws that is sexist and complete bullshit. Fortunately in this case, he wasn't alone.

are you serious? There was MORE THAN ONE underage girl present. Does that mean he wasn't alone? And the others? That some of them were over 18, and that they were also all female, means that he's got a get-out-jail-free card?

these mind processes are beyond guesswork. I guess nonces stick up for each other, especially when they're fellow Americans and realise stuff that they've got up to in the past in the Philippines might land them in prison for decades too.

need to look a the small print there before i cast my judgement.. but alone is alone!

Cipro
are you serious? There was MORE THAN ONE underage girl present. Does that mean he wasn't alone?

More than one adult present too, Einstein. What does the law say?

Human trafficking is the trading of humans through trickery, deception or force for the purpose of sexual exploitation or slave labour...

not sure he's actually done that here, however he is a lowlife who will surely pay for his deviant behaviour, and rightly so.

It seems to me that human trafficking is a buzz word or phrase at the moment and is often used out of context.

udonthani

I think if she was 34 years old, like him, Filipina or no, and they can prove she was involved in the procurement, and the trafficking, then she will be in the dock right alongside him.

Cipro
Well I was just attempting to clarify by discussion, but to take it further, it could be argued that he trafficked the girls with the intent of making an illegal "p*orn" movie. I'm not a cop or a judge I'm just one of your fellow speculators. My best guess is that the core crime is hiring underage girls in Cebu and transporting them to an apparently remote place for nefarious purposes.

And yes, just like the much maligned priesthood, a relatively small number of scout masters have been involved in just that.

I know, I'm doing the same, devils advocate essentially, because it almost seems like he was up to no good but maybe nothing strictly criminal, yet. And yes, the "man alone with children not his" laws are evil. They are sexist and assume men are dangerous to children.

udonthani

of course the man alone with children are wrong and badly crafted legislation, but they are not 'evil'. 'Evil' is a stupid word, but it better describes somebody who wants to exploit the poverty they know is so pervasive, that thet know they can talk women, by the simple expedient of sending them money and promising them more, they've never met on the internet into meeting them in a town they have never been before, and once they get there, talk them into taking their clothes off so they can shoot a video.

all that is before it turns out that some of them are underage. Devil's advocate is all very well but if you're the devil, rather like old nick himself, it's very possible you need a reality check mate. Rather like this guy got.

Paul

Well, I can say this, having a 15 year old daughter. If it were my daughter, he wouldn't have to worry about the Philippine government - he would have to worry about me. Period.

Likewise.

Well, I can say this, having a 15 year old daughter. If it were my daughter, he wouldn't have to worry about the Philippine government - he would have to worry about me. Period.

Davaoeno

what? no internet ?? !!!!!!!

Do any of you guys know what the prisons are like here? This guy will probably end up in the prison just north of Bogo on the coast. This place makes Devil's Island look like a girl scout camp. It was built below the high tide mark, so twice a day the cells are above water and twice a day the water is waist deep in the cells. It would be kind of difficult to get much sleep there. The cells don't have windows or screens, just barred openings, so the mozzies can just come and go as they like. There are no internet hookups. As a matter of fact, there is no power available to prisoners at all. This is a really nice place where he will have a long time to reflect on what he has done. It sounds like this guy has no conscience at all...no inkling that what he has done is wrong. I think he will figure it out over time.

Jess Bartone

Ah so topless pictures of my wife or fiancee make me a criminal in the Philippines?

Depends... is she under-age?

udonthani

I noticed that no internet thing as well, and smiled about it. I don't even think prisoners in the most 'enlightened' prison regimes in the world, like the Netherlands or Norway, whatever they are, have access to the internet unless it's like really heavily controlled and supervised.

you can do crime on the internet. You can also apply for jobs and create legitimate business opportunities and suchlike as well, but prisoners, in jails, surrounded by other prisoners, don't think like that.

JackJohnson

I wasn't defending this idiot, nor do I have sympathy for him,

but...

in the first 20 minutes after I landed in Manila a cabbie was offering

to hook me up with young women.

This video guy is arrogant and clueless, but shooting a video

is not outright pimping or sex slavery or murder.

Sure, he should be punished, but have some perspective.

The fact that he's a foreigner makes it a big deal, but the reality is most of the pimps

are probably Filipinos.