what would u do over visa by 2 days

Davaoeno

gotta live on the edge sometimes to get that rush !!!! lol

No matter which way you look at this situation the best choice to make is get over to your local BOI and extend your visa. I myself would not chance being held up or possibly placed in to some detention facility by showing up at the airport with an expired visa.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gedw

• Davaoeno

• mpt1947

• Stranded Shipscook

Balintawak

ask Paul "Ancientrocka" ans see if its possible to get for the days your lacking or a week. dont chance in customs there, you might miss your flight. And dont make fun of wanted posters "hey thats me" :)

Wombat No More

Funny, I just spoke to a mate of mine today who said he was two days over, reporting to the airport for his flight. The Immigration people spoke to him like he was absolute shit and demanded P8,000 and made it obvious what would happen if he didn't pay. Getting on the plane was out of the question. The fact that he had no more money than a $100 note on him meant that that was all he paid and they let him go. This was nearly 9 years ago so I guess they would ask for more these days. Go to Immigration and extend your visa. And I don't think many would believe you just found out you would be 2 days over on your visa. You would have known that from the beginning.

My dad had to buy a 59 day visa when the previous visa ran out a few days before he was leaving. So just this reply would tell you not to bugger around with visa's and just go and get another ya mug.

TheDuke

After all of the bad news in the past couple of weeks regarding foreigners, I wouldn't even think about showing up at the airport with my paperwork not in order.

thanks for post guys , ye i as going to extend as its the right thing to do as change my flight is going to cost about the same , and i have time i am on 21 days visa now.

cheers.

mpt1947

thanks for post guys , ye i as going to extend as its the right thing to do as change my flight is going to cost about the same , and i have time i am on 21 days visa now.

cheers.

That's great Ron, enjoy your extended visit - will it be longer then the two days? Whatever, see you soon (on a return Ticket)

• 1 month later...

I was over by 1 day also on my tickets. I get there Sep 9 and leave Mar 8 but they deduct 2 days cuz Sep and Oct have 31 days so in their fecked up formula my visa renewal dates are on the 7th of every other month. I explained to the dickhead in charge at BOI that they did not take into consideration that Feb had 29 days and they dont give a shit....so instead of renewing visa, I paid more than double the amount to leave the country for 5 days and spend my money where the people are friendlier...Thailand...Piss on Mandaue City ..... B.O.I. ....Bunch Of Idiots/ Bastards Of Inbreeding

mpt1947

I was over by 1 day also on my tickets. I get there Sep 9 and leave Mar 8 but they deduct 2 days cuz Sep and Oct have 31 days so in their fecked up formula my visa renewal dates are on the 7th of every other month. I explained to the dickhead in charge at BOI that they did not take into consideration that Feb had 29 days and they dont give a shit....so instead of renewing visa, I paid more than double the amount to leave the country for 5 days and spend my money where the people are friendlier...Thailand...Piss on Mandaue City ..... B.O.I. ....Bunch Of Idiots/ Bastards Of Inbreeding

What year did this happen? February 2011 has 28 days - Also Sept has 30 Days - October, December and January of 31 Days, Sept, November have 30 Days, and February 28 - Unless rules have changed - it is your responsibility to know when your plane leaves and when your visa renews

You can blame and swear and stomp your feet - but you blew it

Have safe trip

Edited by mpt1947
Mandingo

I had a Immigration Officer tell me that I had gone over my 21 days allowed on my visa, after a minute or so of explaining to him I had not I asked him to count the days using his fingers. He did, smiled and said "have a nice flight sir".

After all of the bad news in the past couple of weeks regarding foreigners, I wouldn't even think about showing up at the airport with my paperwork not in order.

As I'm new here I don't know anything about this but I have seen this written a couple of times on this thread, what happend? ( I know this was written in March).

I forgot to say and I can't edit my post but wanted to mention that my ticket works out to be 60 days I have just realized. I don't leave for few weeks but I told the airline rep I wanted it to be within 59 days. I said the dates I would like to go but I realize now she has given me 1 day too many. So my dates are; arrive in manila on 22nd of May, depart 20th of July which equals 60 days from my calculations, damn!

I just called the airline and they changed my ticket and brought my departure day forward by 2 days and it was free as they recognized it was there mistake. whew!

mpt1947

As I'm new here I don't know anything about this but I have seen this written a couple of times on this thread, what happend? ( I know this was written in March).

Apparently there have been incidents with no rhyme or reason, where foreigners have violated immigration laws, and ended up in Jail without bail for extended periods of time -

Most of us make sure we renew our visa's early - don't wait for the 21st Day - the Philippines has more holidays then there are stars in the sky and some times they just declare a holiday for no reason and little warning.

lazydays

I just called the airline and they changed my ticket and brought my departure day forward by 2 days and it was free as they recognized it was there mistake. whew!

That wasn't really neccessary,but you've done it now.

The 59 days does not include the date of departure,so leaving on the 60th day is correct and no problem,just a pity you didn't ask earlier or search the forum archives.

Anyway,no harm done,enjoy your 58day trip.

If you are entering on a 21 day visa waiver,you will need to extend,you don't have to wait until the 21 days is nearly up,you can extend to 59days (38 days extra) at the nearest BOI (Bureau of Immigration office) within the first week of your arrival,if you wish,this gets it out of the way,and you can then forget about it.Cost P3030.

Always check the date stamps are correct,before you leave BOI office.

If you acquired a 59 day visa at the PH Embassay in your home country,then no visa extension needed.

Edited by lazydays

Apparently there have been incidents with no rhyme or reason, where foreigners have violated immigration laws, and ended up in Jail without bail for extended periods of time -

Most of us make sure we renew our visa's early - don't wait for the 21st Day - the Philippines has more holidays then there are stars in the sky and some times they just declare a holiday for no reason and little warning.

Thanks for the heads up, I will be careful then!

That wasn't really neccessary,but you've done it now.

The 59 days does not include the date of departure,so leaving on the 60th day is correct and no problem,just a pity you didn't ask earlier or search the forum archives.

Anyway,no harm done,enjoy your 58day trip.

If you are entering on a 21 day visa waiver,you will need to extend,you don't have to wait until the 21 days is nearly up,you can extend to 59days (38 days extra) at the nearest BOI (Bureau of Immigration office) within the first week of your arrival,if you wish,this gets it out of the way,and you can then forget about it.Cost P3030.

Always check the date stamps are correct,before you leave BOI office.

If you acquired a 59 day visa at the PH Embassay in your home country,then no visa extension needed.

ah well it's not a problem now, I was thinking I could ask here but I didn't want to leave it too long as they usually charge for changes so I was lucky they done it for free. I'd also prefer to have a couple of extra days in case of any issues and leaves me with a buffer in case.

I have not got a visa yet, previous times I have traveled the agent did it for me for a fee but this time I will do it myself. If anyone has a direct link to the Visa application form it would be great.