what would u do over visa by 2 days

hi guys i just reliased that my stamp is for the 10th march and my flight out is the 12th would would u do

??/

at airport or extend??

cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gedw

• Davaoeno

• mpt1947

• ron100

easy44

Probably go to the airport and hope for the best. They have been getting tighter about this stuff though, so let your conscience be your guide. Two days is not too bad.

Stranded Shipscook

i can only advise you to do the correct thing, you got plenty of time to extend your visa and no reason not to do it.

Of course one could do that at the airport, but this again is a courtesy by the authorities.

Sometimes it makes me wonder, why people do not respect the country as what it is, a souvereign nations with own laws and procedures.

If the same problem would occur in Europe or the USA, would anybody dare to even ask this question ? guess not, right ?

on the long run we contribute to the abuse of authorities here by NOT respecting the law and just trying to 'get away" with things.

And when we are asked to pay bribes, fines or worse, we ramble as if we are virgin mary and scream "abuse,corruption and hell"

seems a bit strange to me..:twocents:

Jack_be_nimble

Of course, I don't live there, but given recent news about foreigners being jailed indefinitely by the BI, why give them a reason to cause you trouble (detention a rare event..I wonder)?

Of course, others in this forum are more qualified than I am to post an opinion. But, just sharing my thought on it.

udonthani

depends on whether it's a long intercontinental American or European flight, or a 'local' one, to like HK or KL. Once the immigration goons at the airport realise you're heading through thousands of miles, then they know they can hit you for extra thousands of pesos, too. Instead of 1000, they might ask for 10,000. Nothing you can do about it is there when you've got a flight leaving in two hours. But there's no way they're going to jail you for this so just get that one off your chest. If I was in your place and had to get back home to Europe I wouldn't take a chance on getting lucky at the airport and go to BoI and get the extension. I'd be pissed off at the expense, but I'd be pissed of at myself, not the system, for my not making adequate preparation.

Sometimes it makes me wonder, why people do not respect the country as what it is, a souvereign nations with own laws and procedures.

anybody can get the dates a touch wrong and make a mistake, Guenther. Anybody. Including these mythical models of Germanic teutonic efficiency like you :twocents:

Davaoeno

happened to me last year- i was leaving cebu and 3 days over. The immigration guy took me into a back office, held my passport open and said " 3000 pesos" . I put the money into the passport and that was that- off i went to Korea !

udonthani

happened to me last year- i was leaving cebu and 3 days over. The immigration guy took me into a back office, held my passport open and said " 3000 pesos" . I put the money into the passport and that was that- off i went to Korea !

see what I mean? That's only Korea. Just imagine if it was Kansas. That'd be like 5000 at least. Maybe more.

Stranded Shipscook

depends on whether it's a long intercontinental American or European flight, or a 'local' one, to like HK or KL. Once the immigration goons at the airport realise you're heading through thousands of miles, then they know they can hit you for extra thousands of pesos, too. Instead of 1000, they might ask for 10,000. Nothing you can do about it is there when you've got a flight leaving in two hours. But there's no way they're going to jail you for this so just get that one off your chest. If I was in your place and had to get back home to Europe I wouldn't take a chance on getting lucky at the airport and go to BoI and get the extension. I'd be pissed off at the expense, but I'd be pissed of at myself, not the system, for my not making adequate preparation.

anybody can get the dates a touch wrong and make a mistake, Guenther. Anybody. Including these mythical models of Germanic teutonic efficiency like you :drink:

:twocents: i would say, my efficiency has somewhere been lost along the road here, but i like to add, that the OP did not made a mistake yet, he was just asking what to do..

henceforth i gave him the correct advise what to do (as you did to)

And the rest of my "remark" is just the result of reading and hearing through negative opinions of expats, i mean, come on, someone has to tell them..

And i like to add that the Filipinos are extremely tolerant about our "mistakes" which most probably would get our *** deported and declared forever as an undesirable in most other places all over the world.

as a nice example i like to say Thailand, expats there are quite carefull when it comes to King and Country and critizising them openly. I met a lot of those arriving from Thailand in the old days wondering what happened to them when the police stormed their places and drove them to the airport.

anybody can get the dates a touch wrong and make a mistake, Guenther. Anybody. Including these mythical models of Germanic teutonic efficiency like you :twocents:

I have overstayed by upto 3 or 4 days on several occasions over the last few years without any problem.... they just direct you to the appropriate counter where you pay your 3,500 peso's or whatever it is... however, with the rumours about things tightening up I would definately get the extension as you still have a week and a half to do it.

on my last visit a few weeks ago I did the right thing and got the extension prior.... it costs about the same any way.

mpt1947

I would call or go to your local BOI office and ask them - If they tell you, you need to extend and you can afford it - why not extend your airline ticket?

Or find out how much the Airline will charge you to leave early and go with whatever penalty is cheaper

Woolf

Now if the OP would state if it is extension after 21 days or 59 days we could have an idea about the cost of extension

As other stated do the right thing go to BOI and do the extension

Davaoeno

actually i was flying to Vancouver- and they knew that. I just had a stop over in Korea

see what I mean? That's only Korea. Just imagine if it was Kansas. That'd be like 5000 at least. Maybe more.

Davaoeno

Actually i was more than happy to pay the 3000 pesos. If i was leaving Canada and I didnt have the proper paperwork the cost of the hotel, meals, change flight costs etc would be far more than 3000 pesos. Even if the immigration dept in Cebu had denied me leaving on that flight it would have cost me over 10,000 pesos in such costs [ and i would have to hope that i could get another flight in the next few days even]

anybody can get the dates a touch wrong and make a mistake, Guenther. Anybody. Including these mythical models of Germanic teutonic efficiency like you :drink:

:twocents: i would say, my efficiency has somewhere been lost along the road here, but i like to add, that the OP did not made a mistake yet, he was just asking what to do..

henceforth i gave him the correct advise what to do (as you did to)

And the rest of my "remark" is just the result of reading and hearing through negative opinions of expats, i mean, come on, someone has to tell them..

And i like to add that the Filipinos are extremely tolerant about our "mistakes" which most probably would get our *** deported and declared forever as an undesirable in most other places all over the world.

as a nice example i like to say Thailand, expats there are quite carefull when it comes to King and Country and critizising them openly. I met a lot of those arriving from Thailand in the old days wondering what happened to them when the police stormed their places and drove them to the airport.

Well do the right thing because it is the right thing..

Simply go down to immigration and extend.. Learn from your Mistake and do not forget again.

It is far better than taking a chance, when it seems some folks at the airport who may be a little down of Foreigners lately..

It is an honest mistake.. Do not, at this time, take chances on some official just who might be looking to get even or just being out for a few Pesos.

In your defense years ago on my first trip here for 30 days, I overstayed, here too. I came with a Aunt who was a member of my Church, she invited me. to stay with her Niece's Family for thirty days.

So I took the offer totally ignorant and when I got to the Air port in Manila I was late 9 days they took my last Peso and wanted two hundred more I actually pan handled for it and got it..

I was completely humiliated and disgusted with myself for not keeping a handle on things and quite ticked off at the Auntie for not telling me.. I never forgot to extend again.. Do yourself a favor and go down and extend today.. Best of Luck

Sushi Boy

No matter which way you look at this situation the best choice to make is get over to your local BOI and extend your visa. I myself would not chance being held up or possibly placed in to some detention facility by showing up at the airport with an expired visa.