Sign in to follow this  
Beserker101

Static IP > Dynamic IP , Pardo

Baldy

Static ip should not make much difference, but a business connection might have a better routing

:shocked:

And why?

Beserker101

Static ip should not make much difference, but a business connection might have a better routing

And why?

static is business/ thats why its very difficult to get in residential areas > the Globe lead-tech area supervisor must personally test your dynamic & approve the static,

we walked through hell for three months to get this static IP connection ... apparently they ration the good stuff - lol

Beserker101

UPDATE :

... day #4 since we were approved by the Bulacao/ Pardo Tech/ Supervisor & still no static IP address,

very difficult coordinating the 3 Globe supervisors (Ayala BC supervisor + Area Tech/ Supervisor + call-center supervisor) -

their computer systems do not share information & they are unable to reach each other by phone > the saga continues, lol

Cipro

I am curious to know how a static IP would improve the quality/speed of the Internet connection... tnx

Norseman is better qualified to elaborate, but basically there is less congestion on a static/ business connection -

your IP never changes w/ static & your IP continiously changes w/ a dynamic IP

Static vs dynamic has nothing to do with your transfer speeds, see the post from Norseman where he explains what's really going on. Apparently the PH is still putting ISP customers behind a NAT or PPPoE or something? WTF is up with that?

Cipro
dymamic = you + proxy > internet

static = you > internet

Conflating two different things.

Beserker101

... round n' round

the Ayala Globe Office says the area tech supervisor must forward the work-order to the main office >

the area tech supervisor says the Ayala Globe Office must forward the work-order to the main-office >

their Globe cpu networks & phone systems do no connect, so we are volunteer messengers making our 4th trip to Ayala tomorrow .. **sigh

Beserker101

... round n' round

the Ayala Globe Office says the area tech supervisor must forward the work-order to the main office >

the area tech supervisor says the Ayala Globe Office must forward the work-order to the main-office >

their Globe cpu networks & phone systems do no connect, so we are volunteer messengers making our 4th trip to Ayala tomorrow .. **sigh

... round n' round

just returned from the Ayala Globe Office, (we are now entering the Twilight Zone) ...

I politely explained to the Operations Director for Globe/ Ayala that I cannot run errands for Globe Admin vs Globe Field techs any more,

because I'm too busy going to the internet-cafe to get my e-mails ... our static connection is pending > There is a lesson here for one & all,

I'm just not sure what it is though ?