To wear or not to wear nice clothes...

Rudderless

Well I havent really noticed a lot of mosquitos here and have never used any repellant. Come fishing with me in northern Ontario sometime, then you will see what a lot of mosquitos really look like. (gnats?) The mosquitos here are puny, slow and negligible although they do have a good little bite to them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• TheDuke

• Rudderless

• RickyL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am from South Georgia (close to the swampy areas), and I agree that mosquitoes in the RP are just tiny. Mosquitoes in So. Georgia are bigger than the flies here. On a side note, cockroaches here give the ones in the south a run for their money when comes to "hugeness."

Well I havent really noticed a lot of mosquitos here and have never used any repellant. Come fishing with me in northern Ontario sometime, then you will see what a lot of mosquitos really look like. (gnats?) The mosquitos here are puny, slow and negligible although they do have a good little bite to them.

Learn from me since every time I visit the Philippines I make the mistake of bringing the wrong clothes. For everyday use wear cargo shorts and moisture wicking t-shirts along with moisture wicking socks and athletic shoes or hiking boots to protect your feet. The last time I was there it was so hot that even my t-shirts were soaking wet just after a few minutes of walking down the street. I finally started wearing a couple of moisture wicking t-shirts I brought with me my mistake and the difference was amazing. I still sweated profusely but it evaporated quickly because the shirts could breath. Next time I will only bring multiple pairs of moisture wicking shirts

A wonderful way to get pneumonia. The evaporation from a wet shirt causes a chilling effect to the chest and back. And I aught to know after getting pneumonia 7 times from this very reason in my life. That is until I started wearing a singlet under the shirt which stays wet without evaporating coz of the outer shirt. The wet singlet stays warm from body heat. As an excessive perspirer I was always in danger before but I have not had the illness from this reason for the last 25 years since I wore the singlet under the shirt. And I believe the sweat wicking shirt is a synthetic material and as such it will be much hotter and sweatier to wear than what you should wear and that is 100% cotton, the same as undies and socks. A small towel to wipe the sweat or wear around your neck helps while you acclimatise.

Well since you haven't worn that type of clothing then you wouldn't know. There is a reason that all top of the line clothing companies such as Nike have stopped manufacturing athletic clothing out of cotton and started using wicking material for almost all of its shirts and socks. It works. Cotton does nothing except act as a barrier for your body to breath. You might like walking around in clothes that are soaked with sweat all day. I prefer otherwise. I have worn moisture wicking clothing for several years and I have never caught pneumonia or anything else. I would suggest you try it before making such comments.

Edited by TheDuke

Bring good quality moisture wicking t-shirts and polo shirts,they are made of polyster and special weave,harder to find good ones here and more expensive,you wont regret it.