Sign in to follow this  
HeyMike

Need SATA adaptor

HeyMike

Sorry to hear all that. WOW. However it probably relates to a poor outsource by Dell which they no longer use. When you said rectifier I was thing of the Video output rectifier that allows the imagine to be seen. I did not even think it was attached to your motherboard by way of a soldering it. Probably the same component just attached differently.

I have not opened the laptop yet to check the two components for the burn out, but i got a pretty good idea i will find it. I also read somewhere that the solder should not have lead in it that they use on motherboards. Some think this solder does contain lead. I believe the motherboards are from Singapore, but not sure.

infoseeker

yup sata enclosure is the best option

some of the computer store in cyberzone sm selling that item

nutech, pcquickbuys, thinking tools- to name some

dvo_kano

I do a lot of business with Thinking Tools in SM here in Davao. I have always been happy with them and treated very fairly. Prices are competitive as well.

yup sata enclosure is the best option

some of the computer store in cyberzone sm selling that item

nutech, pcquickbuys, thinking tools- to name some

HeyMike

Thanks to all who replied. my wife picked up a cheap 2.5 SATA enclosure in Cebu City. When i say cheap, i mean 300 pesos cheap. The metal and plastic parts fell apart on it, but i put it back together and the enclosure works great. And its a pretty pink color... my wife's favorite :P ... thanks again.