Older Filipina's

I was going to post to the Old White Woman Topic, but it got locked before I had a chance - but there were some interesting comments made that I wanted to respond to

so, I thought I would start a new topic - hopefully we can have a respectful discussion without straying too far off topic.

So first to Quit_yume, how many dating sites have you been on that you may have said something inappropriate to a chat mate, only to be blocked? Why not just block the woman who made insulting comments and move on.

My wife is 51 and I am 63 (64 in early March). So technically she is a younger Filipina - but she also is in that dreaded "over 50" group too. I met her online in late 2009. I have a friend in Davao that I have know for 7-8 yrs. She is now 36. She had suggested to me that I look for women over 35 because they will be more settled, probably have careers, less likely to scam me. If they have children, they will probably be older, but at 35-40, they are still young enough to have children if as a man that is your intent. Plus women in their mid to late 30's not only look sexy, they know how to be sexy. I took my friends advice and started searching women say between 36 and 46.

I met many who were knockouts and had great jobs - many in gov't and had offered help in getting visas and other privileges that would normally cost us several thousand pesos, for a lot less - yes I suppose you could call it corruption, or maybe taking advantage of a good deal. I spied my future wife at this time, she was at the high end (46) One of her nieces suggested that she put her age down as 46 since most men on DIA would not be looking for women 50 and older - The Niece was right.

None the less, my wife to be looked much younger than the 46 (and still does) that was listed. I loved her profile, she is a widow, with two grown children, doesn't smoke or drink, believes in exercise and eating healthy. Has many of her own businesses - she was looking for men for friendship and whatever, may or may not develop - I liked her right off. But my intention was to go to Davao and meet face to face my friend of 7+ yrs to see if there was anything more than a friendship - there wasn't, but we hung out for a week just being friends - I still had a week of vacation left, so I moved on to Cebu to meet two or three other women I had been chatting with on DIA - one was one of those Really Young Ones we had discussed in previous posts - who I am still friends with today. But my friend Mel (CarMELita) met me at the airport - I was bringing her gifts and she demanded I meet her before I moved on to the younger ones.

As I mentioned, I liked her on DIA - in person she was even more likable. I can't remember if she had told me her true age when we were chatting on DIA or if she told me when we met - but even today I ask for ID to verify she is really over 50. In our very short time together we went from friends, to benefits, to good friends to being engaged to setting a wedding date, to be returning to the US retiring and moving back to the Philippines last July and our marriage in November.

Bottom line - I would highly recommend to my fellow expats, and those thinking of or planning a move to the Philippines, to look for older women. Or at the least don't limit yourself to the younger ones. I am not going to say that a 60 yr old man and a 20 yr old woman won't be happy together - I know plenty of you guys have younger G/F's and Wife's and you are very very very happy - I still have young female friends that I chat with on an occasionally basis - my wife knows them and has met one or two and chatted with others.

The pic that appears on my posts are my wife and daughter - our daughter is 18 - this picture was taken just before she turned 18 - someone on the previous topic questioned how I would like a 60 yr old hitting on my 18 yr old daughter - I don't like the 18-19 yr old guys hitting on her - but her mother has taught her well and we trust her judgement.

I am not going to offer matchmaking services - but we do know plenty of women in and around our neighborhood, in all age groups who are looking for a good man - some want to get out of here, others want to stay but want someone to care for them - some are truly young and sexy others are older and sexy - some are you have to tie a bone around their necks - but if that is your thing....

We all know to find a really good job the best way is through Networking - the same holds true for meeting life partners -

OK that is my two cents - Go at it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• For Real

• mpt1947

• loosehead

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jess Bartone

Great post Mike... the voice of reason... Thankyou.

Great post. I married a young filipina but many years later she is a similar age to mpt's wife. I also have an 18 year old daughter and find it strange and repulsive that anyone over 20 would be sniffing around 18 year old girls. Good advice not to rule out the more mature women. You might find you have much more in common than with the younger ones. I also think having children gives women a more mature, intelligent and attractive outlook on life.

For Real

I also have an 18 year old daughter and find it strange and repulsive that anyone over 20 would be sniffing around 18 year old girls.

It's ONLY strange & repulsive men over 20 that would be sniffing around 18 year old girls...as an uncle I will not hesitate to remove such sicko's from my family members

Edited by Malipayon Puti
JackJohnson

Oh c'mom.

18 year old girls in the states don't even date guys their own age.

Forget about the PI.

Jess Bartone

.....such sicko's.....

Not like you to paint with such broad sweeping strokes whitey.

Oh c'mom.

18 year old girls in the states don't even date guys their own age.

Forget about the PI.

In Australia the great majority of teenage girls date guys their own age. I just asked my 18yo daughter and she doesn't know any 18yo girls who are dating guys over 25.

Why don't you remind us of your successful relationship with an 18yo girl which was discussed at great length in this place.

Jess Bartone

Let us never forget different strokes for different folks... broad sweeping brush strokes often tend to hide beautifully fine detail.

Headshot

I have three daughters back in the States...all of them in their 30's. The oldest married a guy her own age (early 20's at the time). They are now divorced, since he was playing around on her (and married a younger woman right after he divorced my daughter).

The middle daughter was engaged to a guy her age (also early 20's) for several months, but just before the wedding date, he broke it off and got married to an 18-year-old girl. She hasn't had a boyfriend since and has buried herself in her career.

My youngest daughter met her husband while going to university. Her future husband was in his mid thirties, a successful businessman, and was just taking university classes every once in a while to meet women. He found my daughter. When they became serious, she introduced him to me. I welcomed him with open arms because it was NOT my place to make my daughter's life decisions for her. She was already an adult. They are very happily married with five beautiful, well-behaved, respectful children. She is a wonderful wife and mother and he is the most loving husband and father I have ever met.

So...pardon me if I totally disagree with any nonsense that says that age difference is a bad thing. It hasn't been my experience. If two people actually love each other and are mature enough to at least know what love is and what it requires, then they can have a long and happy existence together...regardless of ANY age difference. What others think is irrelevant. In fact, anybody outside the relationship has no place putting their nose into other people's business. If you have a problem with older men with younger women, you should just admit that it is YOU that has a problem...NOT them. MYOFB!

Edited by Headshot

Hey I got no problem with age difference. But I don't think it's normal for middle aged men to be sniffing around 18 year old girls.

Headshot

Hey I got no problem with age difference. But I don't think it's normal for middle aged men to be sniffing around 18 year old girls.

:surrender::kissass::itsokay:

...and you don't see the contradiction in what you just wrote? If his intentions are honorable, I see no problem.

Jess Bartone

.....If you have a problem with older men with younger women, you should just admit that it is YOU that has a problem...NOT them.....

Quite right... the people who get really upset about age difference seem to be so unhappy with their lives that they are taken by a desperate need to short-circuit anyone else's happiness. Meanwhile the happy ones live their lives blissfully unaware for the most part... until some sad f**k gets in their face and screams "HEY YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

"Oh really? Wow I didn't realise until you told me, ok you're right, I'll tell the wife it's all been a big mistake, then instigate divorce proceedings tomorrow, then organise for the kids to be quietly euthanased".

I have three daughters back in the States...all of them in their 30's. The oldest married a guy her own age (early 20's at the time). They are now divorced, since he was playing around on her (and married a younger woman right after he divorced my daughter).

The middle daughter was engaged to a guy her age (also early 20's) for several months, but just before the wedding date, he broke it off and got married to an 18-year-old girl. She hasn't had a boyfriend since and has buried herself in her career.

My youngest daughter met her husband while going to university. Her future husband was in his mid thirties, a successful businessman, and was just taking university classes every once in a while to meet women. He found my daughter. When they became serious, she introduced him to me. I welcomed him with open arms because it was NOT my place to make my daughter's life decisions for her. She was already an adult. They are very happily married with five beautiful, well-behaved, respectful children. She is a wonderful wife and mother and he is the most loving husband and father I have ever met.

So...pardon me if I totally disagree with any nonsense that says that age difference is a bad thing. It hasn't been my experience. If two people actually love each other and are mature enough to at least know what love is and what it requires, then they can have a long and happy existence together...regardless of ANY age difference. What others think is irrelevant. In fact, anybody outside the relationship has no place putting their nose into other people's business. If you have a problem with older men with younger women, you should just admit that it is YOU that has a problem...NOT them. MYOFB!

Your daughter was at university when she met someone in his thirties, not that big of an age gap really. That's different to some 50 year old slobbering over an 18 year old when they have absolutely nothing in common and never will have.

I'm glad to hear your daughter has found the man of her dreams.

Jess Bartone

.....they have absolutely nothing in common and never will have.....

I wish I had the gift of being able to accurately summarise the psychological state my fellow 6.7 billion human beings in a simple sentence. Maybe if I become a cop...