A member to keep in our thoughts and prayers.

JamesMusslewhite

Keep it up Chief, and I wish you and yours the best. Your medal is tested in those times that try us, and he is in control, all is going as he planned. If he slips these cerly bonds than I am sure he will be among those that he knew when he was young and lost as he aged. As someday he will be greeting you

Once again, I appreciate everyone's comments here. As of around 3:15pm today (8th), Pap finally passed away and is at Peace with no more suffering.

Mr. Mike

My very best to you and the family Steve. I am very sorry for your loss.

mrmike

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

our condolences to you and yours Steve

Jess Bartone

You have my deepest sympathy Steve. Remember the good times, then ask yourself what he would want you to do now.

RIP Pap.

Mandingo

I will light a candle after mass for him. Sorry for your loss.

Steve, our prayers are with you and your family/loved ones....

If you don't mind me saying so, that pic of your grandpa is just great!!!!! He looks like he's full of piss and vinegar for sure....Thats an old saying I love to use, but don't get to use often. It's a good saying in my book....

Ned

Steve;

My best to you and your family at this time. I just saw your post that he is gone. You will never forget him. Believe me. I lost my grandfather when I was 17 about ready to go to UCLA. The memories of you two together will come back from time to time to comfort you. Enjoy those memories when they come. For now support your family as best you can. Again, God speed to you and your family.

Edited by Cary
  • 2 weeks later...

My prayers and thoughts go out to you Bill and Jesse.

I appreciate all the comments here. Here are a few pics of my grandfather, he goes by Pappy or just Pap. These were when he was still feeling good. The one is during Donna and I's wedding.

post-29-0-98083100-1296882184_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-65001400-1296882191_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't believe he will make it through the weekend. I'm not going to go into detail of everything leading up to this event, but he has been battling Myelodysplasia for over two years.

Steve, I'm sorry to hear this. However, there is nothing more powerful than prayers.

Last year in July, I was in the hospital for Cardiomegaly/Cardiomyopathy. One of my close friends in high school is a doctor and he told all our classmates to see me as I might not last another week. Everybody prayed that I would be strong enough to get through it. I am still here, Steve.

So let's just pray for your grandpa and Bill's and Jesse's family as well and believe that they'll get through it.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's comments here. As of around 3:15pm today (8th), Pap finally passed away and is at Peace with no more suffering.

I'm sorry, Steve, I didn't read all the posts.

My condolences...

Steve,

Sorry for your loss - I shall add him to my prayer list for Sunday

Jess Bartone

...and Jesse's family as well.....

Thanks Angie, my mother is 88 and has advanced Altzheimer's disease. I doubt she will have a miraculous recovery, however I do pray that inside her mind is not active and feeling trapped, that would be torture. I think her time is near.

RetiredNavyGuy

My thoughts and prayers to all of you. I went through that with my mother about two years ago. Steve, look at it this way, Pappy is no longer suffering because he is in a much better place. We suffer, but those who have transitioned to the next phase, suffer no longer. May God bless.