ACR, Tin, taxation, residency

David Spicer

Thanks for your warning David. I do not have income originating in the Philippines and I do not work while I am here. As I explained in an earlier post I am getting paid a monthly fee to stand-by and if needed fly out and help on various projects abroad, and I have been advised that the double taxation treaty dictates that this monthly stand-by sum (which is paid into my filipino euro account from a foreign company) is supposed to be taxed in the Philippines as a consequence of me staying here more than 183 days in a year.

I have no intention of breaking any laws, that's why I am trying to set everything up so I wont get into trouble. But it seems I will have a hard time convincing BIR they are due tax from me :)

Other than possibly trying to dodge Danish taxes, I honestly can't figure out what it is that you're talking about or trying to accomplish. I have both US Dollar and Philippines Peso accounts here. I regularly deposit money into each of them. The only tax that I pay is on interest earned. If you owed taxes here, believe me, you would not have to convince the BIR of anything.

Edited by David Spicer
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ilovelifehere

• Davaoeno

• Woolf

• David Spicer

Stranded Shipscook

This is now an answer to the post, but are you not the Author ? :

David P Spicer. Expanding Experimental Learning: Linking Individual and. Organisational learning, Mental Models and Cognitive Style

The name rang a bell,but then it is a common name..

SkyMan

I'm not sure you can do this but chck with the BIR. You're on 9a so you can't work. I would wonder how you can be taxed here on income if you can't work here. Let us know if the BIR does this though and you avoid your home country taxes this way.

Are you sure you want to do this though? It doesn't take a lot of income to get into the high tax rate of 32%. Just $10K

Just if you do not know 32% is LOWER than 60% stick_poke.gif

Wow, you guys get stiffed for 60%, WTFO? Well, at least you have FREE health care right? Maybe you'd pay less taxes if your citizens were allowed to carry guns. I'm just sayin'....

(For Guenther's benefit)

Edited by SkyMan
David Spicer

This is now an answer to the post, but are you not the Author ? :

David P Spicer. Expanding Experimental Learning: Linking Individual and. Organisational learning, Mental Models and Cognitive Style

The name rang a bell,but then it is a common name..

LOL I'm David A.

ilovelifehere

Wow, you guys get stiffed for 60%, WTFO? Well, at least you have FREE health care right? Maybe you'd pay less taxes if your citizens were allowed to carry guns. I'm just sayin'....

(For Guenther's benefit)

Yeah maybe I would shoot the taxman if I was allowed to carry a gun, which reminds me does anybody know who hides behind the mask of the taxman? :cheers:

Edited by ilovelifehere