Balikbayan Box inspections

cebubird

Not that I would ever think that a government agency would use common sense, much less this one which is run by an incompetent woma, appointed by an incompetent president, but I can see 1 reason for inspectiong SOME balikbayan boxes.

If the box was addressed to an islamic name somewhere in one of the terrorist areas in the southern Philippines, and maybe sent from an islamic sounding name with possible ties to the terrorist movement worldwide.

Reason 2 for opening ALL the boxes sent here. This administration is openly anti military and one doesnt have to be a rocket scientist to know that the majority of retired americans living here are retired military. So it could be used as a way to harrass the vets here. Many in this administration and many in the democrat caucus have called for shutting down the SS and VA offices here in the Philippines.

Just my thoughts on the matter

Bill

good thought, however, terrorists are way smarter than that. They would use innocent names. Even copies of existing innocent people (as happened already).

About the administration thoughts of yours... scary stuff ! Hopefully the US DFA/State Dept. can stop this harrasment by filing proper protest notes.

One thing I forgot to mention. Not only would the controlling faction of the democratic caucus like to shut down government offices here, there are some who for some time have been trying to pass legislation to stop retirees living in anywhere outside the US from receiving any kind of US government check.

Bill

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• Stranded Shipscook

• RogerDuMond

• grumpy

oh, sorry...must be me on drugs and I hallucinated a response from you that Mr.Rogers was a childhood fave of yours and a further reference to his (bogus) Vietnam involvements...yet I can't find that post...conspiracy? paranoia? nah, probably just bad acid

or good acid, depending on how you look at it... :biggrin_01:

TheMatrix

no, Steve; Mister Rogers was not a Navy Seal, not in Vietnam, probably never killed anyone (.http://www.answers.com/topic/fred-rogers)...

are you on drugs?

or just gullible?

Huh? :thats-funny:

oh, sorry...must be me on drugs and I hallucinated a response from you that Mr.Rogers was a childhood fave of yours and a further reference to his (bogus) Vietnam involvements...yet I can't find that post...conspiracy? paranoia? nah, probably just bad acid

Must be the acid, because I never made such post. Or... a different Steve.