homemade BREAD, post your recipe here!

hypoman

recently we imported a used (double paddle) breville bakers oven to help our feeding program, and because i love homemade bread (and cant stand the sweet bread here!).

the machine makes a 1.5kg loaf and the bread tastes just awesome!

After alot of experimenting this is the recipe I came up with:

pour 2 cups of warm water into the bread makers bucket

post-7757-0-54315400-1295265438_thumb.jpg

post-7757-0-71848300-1295265494_thumb.jpg

Stranded Shipscook

Tip for ALL recipees:

Do not use the "Special" or whatever branded wheat flower, it is mainly for cakes and pastry.

Get the cheapest and ordinary wheat flower... which is still lousy but way better.

Oh, don't worry about the little weevels in the flour, they are everywhere in the world and harmless, just filter them out, or leave them as decoration and additional protein.

Does anyone know if you can buy domestic bread making machines here in Cebu? :thats-funny:

Stranded Shipscook

Does anyone know if you can buy domestic bread making machines here in Cebu? :scratch_head:

It is called domestic helper (maid), not machine, hehehe.

joke aside :

If you mean a machine produced here , the answer is NO!

But the sell sometimes some manufactured from anywhere in the world., very rare and hard to find and the qualitity is usually rejects or factory overuns or out of series models .

Does anyone know if you can buy domestic bread making machines here in Cebu? :scratch_head:

It is called domestic helper (maid), not machine, hehehe.

joke aside :

If you mean a machine produced here , the answer is NO!

But the sell sometimes some manufactured from anywhere in the world., very rare and hard to find and the qualitity is usually rejects or factory overuns or out of series models .

Guess I will have to try Singapore then. . . :scratch_head:

• 4 weeks later...

mate i can bring one back from oz with me. I usually bring a couple every trip for my mates and sell them for about 3k. they do a 1kg loaf. i even give a 3 month warranty depending on the price. Ive had mine for 3yrs and its never given me any trouble...

just PM me if you want one...

Does anyone know if you can buy domestic bread making machines here in Cebu? :fighting0029:

Jim in Cebu

Does anyone know if you can buy domestic bread making machines here in Cebu?

We looked and looked for them in Cebu City and couldn't find any.

Then I tried to locate a reasonably priced 220v one from specialty stores in the States, but when I googled those models, they had bad reviews.

We ended up bringing a 110v breadmaker from the States.

Although our preference would be to buy 220v appliances locally if they can be found at a reasonable price, we have had to get several 110v appliances from the States where the selection, availability, quality and/or pricing was much better. I guess this is a pretty common approach that many expats use, but I wish we didn't have to use step-down transformers.