Question ... CFO Seminar

hi im going to have my passport change to my husbands last name my husband is an american so ur saying i can get my passport renewed without cfo seminar since im married to my husband for a year a half?? what if i plan on going to states, do i still need to do that seminar thing?

I am an American. My wife is a Filipina ... Like I said in my post, my wife did not need the CFO Seminar just to have her passport changed from her maiden last name to my last name. The DFA office in Manila did not require it. Call the DFA in Manila and be sure before going there to get your new passport.

Now, if your going to be leaving the country at a later date as an Immigrant to another country (such as going to the US) ... Sure, you will need the CFO stamp in your passport. The Filipino Immigrations people will not allow you to get on the plane without it.

Ron,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Turbota

• Headshot

• SkyMan

onefilipina

hi im going to have my passport change to my husbands last name my husband is an american so ur saying i can get my passport renewed without cfo seminar since im married to my husband for a year a half?? what if i plan on going to states, do i still need to do that seminar thing?

I am an American. My wife is a Filipina ... Like I said in my post, my wife did not need the CFO Seminar just to have her passport changed from her maiden last name to my last name. The DFA office in Manila did not require it. Call the DFA in Manila and be sure before going there to get your new passport.

Now, if your going to be leaving the country at a later date as an Immigrant to another country (such as going to the US) ... Sure, you will need the CFO stamp in your passport. The Filipino Immigrations people will not allow you to get on the plane without it.

Ron,

Do what you want to do.......obviously there are several different opinions. But I'm telling you if you are married to a foreigner and you want your passport in his name in Cebu, or your planning on leaving the country to his country, then you need to attend the CFO Seminar. You better take the things I mentioned in my original post. If not the you will be just like a previous poster.............we need this or we need that. I took the time to tell you exactly what was required of me in Cebu. If you want to try something different or think you can massage the system then more power to you. Sometimes it just seems to be a waste of my time to post here. Consider my original post........I just went through this.........so do what you want to do, believe what you want. Good luck!

She has 2 choices ...

1. If she goes to the DFA in Cebu to get a new passport with her husbands last name on it, she Needs the CFO

2. If she goes to the DFA in Manila to get a new passport with her husbands last name on it, she Dont Need the CFO

EDIT: Oh ya ... If she goes to the DFA in Iloilo, they also won't give her a new passport with her foreigner husbands last name on it unless she attends the CFO either.

Why will Manila give her a new passport without the CFO class? ... I don't have a clue, but they gave my wife one WITHOUT the CFO after my wife was turned down in Iloilo.

HINT: Call the various DFA offices yourself and ask them before waisting your time goiing there in the first place.

Edited by Turbota
  • 4 months later...
fanboat

Question,

I read somewhere on the web that if the lady is under 23 years old she must bring along a parent to give advice(we doing the K1 visa)

gigi and her mom are fighting at the moment so our only choice is to bring her dad.

gigi is 22

has any of you been there on this one?or heard of another applicant bringing a parent with them?

Question,

I read somewhere on the web that if the lady is under 23 years old she must bring along a parent to give advice(we doing the K1 visa)

gigi and her mom are fighting at the moment so our only choice is to bring her dad.

gigi is 22

has any of you been there on this one?or heard of another applicant bringing a parent with them?

My wife did the seminar in Cebu, and she was required to have both parents sign her forms.

She was 19 at the time, I'm not sure what the age limit is.

fanboat

Theres some pretty good stories about the visa process found @visajourneys,or asawa

one lady went to the interview(she was 22)without her parents.

I think we will try this too.

question; does it help to be in line at 7am?

Headshot

question; does it help to be in line at 7am?

SHE needs to be there BEFORE 8 AM. Getting there at 7 AM is OK if she likes to sit around waiting, but not really necessary. My wife actually got there a few minutes after 8, but it was OK because the nuns were running late too. If they are on there game the day you choose, it may be a different story. Also, if there is a big rush the day you choose, I'm not sure what the nuns would do in an overload situation. YOU are NOT allowed to attend. You can accompany here to the door, but that is all. Go find someplace to cool your heels for a few hours while she goes through the wringer. Then you can pick her up when she's done with the seminar. There isn't really any parking there anyway. Have fun!

fanboat

SHE needs to be there BEFORE 8 AM. Getting there at 7 AM is OK if she likes to sit around waiting, but not really necessary. My wife actually got there a few minutes after 8, but it was OK because the nuns were running late too. If they are on there game the day you choose, it may be a different story. Also, if there is a big rush the day you choose, I'm not sure what the nuns would do in an overload situation. YOU are NOT allowed to attend. You can accompany here to the door, but that is all. Go find someplace to cool your heels for a few hours while she goes through the wringer. Then you can pick her up when she's done with the seminar. There isn't really any parking there anyway. Have fun!

Thanks Headshot,

I just looked at my heels.....they are in California at the time!:closedeyes: