Fat-free salad dressing available?

mistaeric

mistaeric

I dont remember seeing any at the grocery store in cebu. Is fat-free or lite salad dressing availble in grocery stores there?

i'm not sure but you could make your own, i presume olive oil is not classed as fat.

just mix any good oil with honey and orange juice. i told my kids you're gonna love this salad they replied they wont eat it. but when they tasted it they loved it.

dablindfrog

i presume olive oil is not classed as fat.

that's a common misconception

the truth about olive oil

As to the OP

have you tried Sand? how about Dust?

(i can't believe i've actually quoted a vegetarian website, yikes! :smileywhore: )

Edited by dablindfrog
Stranded Shipscook

There is a lot of those stuff. Country Mall, Ayala in Gaisano (bring a gps), Makro sometimes.

Tip from me( I am a Cook) : Just leave the oil out of the dressing and replace the Oil parts with water and herbs. You be surprised !

And actually that is what the Industrie does in their "lite" dressings, but they add some delicious chemicals also. I always wonder where they got those, i think when we try to purchase those chemicals we get arrested by some terrorist act.:smileywhore:

Better you make your own dressings anyway, you can "mass" produce it and keep a bottle in the ref for ages.

This way you know whats in it and increase your chances to become a very old man by a huge margin.

Edited by Guenther
Stranded Shipscook

i presume olive oil is not classed as fat.

that's a common misconception

the truth about olive oil

As to the OP

have you tried Sand? how about Dust?

(i can't believe i've actually quoted a vegetarian website, yikes! :smileywhore: )

LOL :as-if:

• 2 months later...
Guest Otokan

Well, this isn't fat free, but it's the good kind of fat so it's still healthy... Me and my gf invented this together. It was rather serendipitous. It started out as a mrinade for BBQ chicken, but it was good on salad too.......

1/4 cup dark patis

1/2 cup lemon juice

2 tsp black pepper

1 tbs minced garlic or garlic paste

1 tbs minced onion

1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin cold pressed if you can get it

stir all together and seal in a jar, let macerate at least 3 days before using it.

miles-high

Balsamic vinegar (of the Modena variety preferred, just like your dream car :notallthere: )

Olive oil (as you like)

"Smashed" garlic clove(s) (as many as you like)

Lemon juice (about double the amount of Balsamic vinegar used, calamansi or any freshly squeezed juice of your preference)

Splenda (1 packet or less)

Fillet of anchovies (or sea salt)

Freshly grated black pepper (use peppercorn medley if your salad is mostly white, e.g., white asparagus, heart of palms)

Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl (or zap them with Cuisinart portable blender)

:angry2: