Need help translating some expressions

Whatever is the most commonly used written language (dialect) in the Phillipines (sorry for not knowing what that is...)

I think these expressions are best left in English as its is one of the official languages in the Philippines I may be wrong but some expressions may not have a Filipino equivalent.

There are several Filipino languages I suppose you mean Tagalog?

Yvette Cebu888

Angiegeb,

What translation you need is not an expression. Its a language,, whether its translated in Cebuano or Tagalog.

The best advise I can give is leave the language " as is". Why? Because the more it is understandable and short.

The translation is sound the same but it just spell out in longer words.

i.e.

for most of the phrases you have mentioned you could probably just go with "lamang ng isa pang araw sa Pilipinas"... :thats-funny:

sorry, i know that's of no real use to you, and it's probably mean-spirited of me to have said it, but it's just been one of those days. had to bust a couple of students for some rather blatant plagiarism. don't think they really understood what the problem was...

Thank you for all the [posts.

If Tagalog is the most used language, than that is what I need. The terms are used to screen companies based in the Phillipines against negative news (working conditions, coruption cases etc), so screening in English would only give English news - which is why I need native language.

Hope everybody had a good & relaxing Weekend, in reply to the last post...

sandwindstars

Have to agree with Art. As these are business terms, best to leave them in English. Pilipino is the national languages but it is really Tagalog, English is the business language. If translated in the local languages (yes, they're languages not dialects), they may not even understand them! Most people involved in business are more comfortable with English than Tagalog, Cebuano etc. Many of these technical terms cannot be translated directly, so they become more descriptive rather than specific.

I translated the bottom section in Tagalog, with the common local usage in English. I speak Tagalog.

"supplier conflict"

"subcontractor conflict"

"supplier exploitation"

"subcontractor exploitation"

"supply chain problem"

"supply chain conflict"

"supply chain human rights"

"supply chain mismanagement"

"supplier mismanagement"

"supply chain issue"

"sweatshop"

And

"labour conflict" = labour conflict, pagtungali ng mga mangagawa

"labour union conflict" = labour union conflict, pagtungali ng unyon ng mangagawa

"work stoppage" (i.e. strike) = strike, welga

"employee accidents" = employee accidents, mga aksidente ng mga empleyado

As well as

"pollution accident" = pollution accident, disgrasyang (aksidenteng) polusyon

"toxic leak" = pagtagas ng lason

"chemical accident" = chemical accident, disgrasyang (aksidenteng) kemikal

"water pollution" = water pollution, polusyon sa tubig

"environmental penalty" = you mean "environmental pollution penalty", multa sa pagsira ng kapaligiran

And

"corruption case" = corruption case, kasong korapsyon

"bribery case" = bribery case, kasong pagsuhol

"unlawful" = labag sa batas, hindi legal

"court case" = court case, kaso sa korte or kaso sa hukuman

"court order" = court order, utos ng korte or utos ng hukuman

Edited by sandwindstars

Hope everybody had a good & relaxing Weekend, in reply to the last post...

i was the last post and i had a good weekend and it was nice to have, thank you. dug some holes where i wanted to bury a few students, planted a few trees instead, and for some reason your question came to mind and i realized i should have suggested a couple of possibilities for you.

1) try google translator. it isn't perfect but for phrases it can be useful. note that filipinos often fall back on a mix of english and filiipino (tagalog) known as taglish. it is used because sometimes it is just easier to use the english version of an idea while speaking filipino. and sometimes there isn't a very good translation of english terms. google translator sometimes returns the taglish result (probably not intentionally) that may represent the most common usage of a phrase. for example try "supply chain problem" and you get "supply chain problema".

2) not sure where you are located but maybe you could find some filipino living nearby who could help. look for doctors or nurses that are filipino, or maybe schoolteachers or even people at asian food stores.

Thanks a lot to all of you. That is what I needed.

Have a nice day, and all the best