Best Air Fares...

the.lone.gunman

Well I am locked in. Went thru Jeff Jenks and got a good price I think.

Paid $1636.00 per person

Leave:

Memphis to Chicago (ORD)on AA - american eagle --

Chicago to Korea --- on KAL

Korea to Cebu on KAL

Lv Memphis the 4th of July at 6 am and arrive in Cebu at 11 pm 5 of July

Return :

Lv Cebu the 25 of July and arrive in Memphis 25 of July.

Rtn trip same...

Have reservation with the Diplomat Hotel confirmed. Went on their on-line reservation web site. Paid PHP 1,360 per night for Superior room.

Will probably email Danny (from this forum) to set-up our pickup at the airport, if not, will just take a taxi...

Jeff got our ticket thru KAL so we should get our baggage free...2 check in bags @ 50 lbs per person and one carry on @ 25 lbs. Our checkin bags should be forwarded from Memphis at checkin to Cebu at checkout

There are no more than 4 hours between each flight, except one, that will be on the rtn trip flying into Chicago (which will be our port of entry) and that is 5 hours. Which is good since we have to go thru customs there. The extra hour will not hurt.

So thanks to Jeff for all of his hard work.

Thanks to the Diplomat for confirming my reservation

And thanks to the first forum member who buys me a cold Sam Miguel light beer in July 2011... :smileywhore:

I was at the Diplomat in July. I got 10% off the 1360php for paying cash and a further 10% off for the monthly rate.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tim

• towboat72

• tomaw

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a problem. I had used this site about a year ago to book my last flight to Cebu, and found a round trip fare from Toronto to Cebu via Korean Air for $1150 tax in. Forwarded the info from itasoftwa

The best place to start when looking for airfare is http://matrix.itasoftware.com/. It gives you an idea of what airlines are charging for a range of dates, and multiple departure cities. With that i

i booked this week after extensive searching through internet and walking into a travel agent in town here in north dakota,the travel agent was no help,actually more expensive and also asked why i wou

lone gunman

thanks for the tip, I will ask for a 10% off if I pay cash when I arrive. Even though I like the Diplomat I have not had too much luck with the Management there. They are rather distant at the front desk. I have been there several times but still feel not to wanted. But I love the location and the price fits my budget. So I can live with it...

the.lone.gunman

lone gunman

thanks for the tip, I will ask for a 10% off if I pay cash when I arrive. Even though I like the Diplomat I have not had too much luck with the Management there. They are rather distant at the front desk. I have been there several times but still feel not to wanted. But I love the location and the price fits my budget. So I can live with it...

I agree, the front desk is kind of standoffish. And they won't tell you anything unless you ask specifically. I think the girls at the front desk do not like foreigners too much and think we are pigs because of all the girls that come and go at all hours of the day and night. ............wifi is 60 pesos per hour but if you get a room in the front of the hotel you might be able to connect to bigfoot across the street which is free.

Just booked and Margie is doing some sort of Filipina Jig right now...LOL I'm rather excited also, not to mention, I spent $2318 for 2 adult and 1 child ticket. David is only 10, so still a nice discount for him. I also will pay at the check in, an additional $200 USD, for our Dog and Cat. This I not only read in the airlines fee's, but called and just verified it.

Grand total will run us about $2513 Plus all those hidden expenses, like tipping the bag handlers at airport, snakes, magazine, ect ect ect. Not to mention, extra baggage fee's if we end up with any,but I'll try my hardest not to, BB Boxes baby :thumbs_up: I figure I'm looking at about a total of $2750 USD,to walk out of CEB,and get hit in the face with that heat wave, I oh so much love! hehehehe

Delta and Korean Air. Delta, I've flown with many times, but this will be my first flight with Korean Air.

Note: These are one way tickets, from BDL to CEB. with stops in Atlanta,GA and Seoul. Overall trip time 27 hours. I'm very much okay with the itinerary and cost.

I've just had an experience with Koran Air...first time with them...many previous flights with Cathay and with Phil Air.

Korean AIr has seat-belt nazis instead of flight attendants. Even the slightest minor turbulence, and they force you back to your seat and buckle in. Other airlines are much more tolerant of if you happen to need a leg stretch.

On all Korean Air flights...the curtains to the galleys are always closed and they really don't allow any self-service of any kind. No crackers, water, juices, etc...like the other airlines do.

Seats were almost the same, but some of them seem to have a bar under the padding, going crossways..right where I didn't want one.

Inflight entertainment wasn't bad...but the handset on my seat didn't work...had to use touch-screen only...which kinda sucked.

All those airlines need to put a way to remove those damned subtitles if you don't want them.

All in all, I would fly with them again...but only if the savings was SUBSTANTIAL!!

Otherwise...its worth a hundred or so...to have a more pleasant experience with another carrier.

Pete of New Hampshire

[

I've just had an experience with Koran Air...first time with them...many previous flights with Cathay and with Phil Air.

On all Korean Air flights...the curtains to the galleys are always closed and they really don't allow any self-service of any kind. No crackers, water, juices, etc...like the other airlines do.

All in all, I would fly with them again...but only if the savings was SUBSTANTIAL!!

Otherwise...its worth a hundred or so...to have a more pleasant experience with another carrier.

Pete of New Hampshire

Speaking of the Curtains... Last year we flew over on KAL and we were just half way in the cheap seats, a roll or two down from where the tolets were situated and of course there are curtains there to block off the tolets... well there was one KAL flight attendant that was assigned to close the curtain everytime someone would go thru them to get to the bathrooms...by the time the trip had ended this girl was so mad because every two or three minutes she would have to stop what she was doing to close the curtains.... for the whole trip...but she did it. lol...U might not have gotten that second glass of coke a cola but those curtains were closed....

We found that for us in Memphis, KAL was less expensives and easier to travel since we had one less transfer to go thru (one less airport) and service has always been ok with us... we do not need much to keep us entertain....lol... U know simple minds simple games...

see ya'll in July...

Edited by tim

This will be our first flight with KAL,I have nothing to say about them yet, but the curtain phobia sort of scares me...hehehehehhe

These days, I'm sort of forced to go with the cheapest flight at the time route. Espeicaly this time, because I have not only myself, but David,Margie and Hurry and Shadow to deal with and pay for. Fact is, I've been flying with the cheapest I can find, ever since I started having to buy 3 tickets,for the family, instead of just one for me.

Now, when I was single and searching for a ticket, I took little into considration, I just wanted to get a ticket, to and back from Margie. I did learn many things over the years though. One: I always compaired Singapore Airline to everyone else, even if Singapore Air was a few hundred more, they recieved my buisness. To me, Singapore Air is the best airline out there today, and has been for some time now. Great Service! and able to fly Cebu direct, that is with the stop in Davao then onto Cebu. Not sure, but I'm almost positive you can bypass the davao stop now also.

When single and very new to flying into the PH's, I did the Manila then Cebu stop a few times. Didn't mind it much because, I'de leave the airport and hit the city for the night, to kill that long layover wait, for the flight to Cebu in the early AM. I have some good memories of those layovers..heheheheheh

Now, you wouldn't catch me going into Manila dead....I hate that stop now, and do every thing possible, to make sure it doesn't happen.

What I miss the most from days gone by, those early first time flights to Cebu, is the price of flights....Dam near everything is double, from just 12 years ago now.....Thats tough to swallow...

I flew KAL in September. The airline was superb. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful with anything you needed. The food was much better than anything I have had on any American airline. Drinks were free and so was liqour. The free cake from 1st class for me and my friends was nice as well. My opinion, leagues above anything other airline I have flown before.. YMMV..

Any good CEBU side travel agents to buy a cheap KAL CEB - DFW Ticket?

Davaoeno

Last time I flew from Vancouver to Inchon [ oct/2010] there was some minor turbulance and Korean kept the seat belt sign on for almost 1 1/2 hours. Many people tried to go to washroom and the attendants told them they couldnt. Finally about 4 of us all went to the washrooms in a group and refused to sit down when commanded to do so- at which point the attendants had to give up- so about 30 other people jumped up to use the washrooms. It was in incredible display of usually obediant/orderly people refusing to obey an unreasonable command. Loved it ! lol

Just booked and Margie is doing some sort of Filipina Jig right now...LOL I'm rather excited also, not to mention, I spent $2318 for 2 adult and 1 child ticket. David is only 10, so still a nice discount for him. I also will pay at the check in, an additional $200 USD, for our Dog and Cat. This I not only read in the airlines fee's, but called and just verified it.

Grand total will run us about $2513 Plus all those hidden expenses, like tipping the bag handlers at airport, snakes, magazine, ect ect ect. Not to mention, extra baggage fee's if we end up with any,but I'll try my hardest not to, BB Boxes baby :thumbs_up: I figure I'm looking at about a total of $2750 USD,to walk out of CEB,and get hit in the face with that heat wave, I oh so much love! hehehehe

Delta and Korean Air. Delta, I've flown with many times, but this will be my first flight with Korean Air.

Note: These are one way tickets, from BDL to CEB. with stops in Atlanta,GA and Seoul. Overall trip time 27 hours. I'm very much okay with the itinerary and cost.

Korean AIr has seat-belt nazis instead of flight attendants. Even the slightest minor turbulence, and they force you back to your seat and buckle in. Other airlines are much more tolerant of if you happen to need a leg stretch.

Seats were almost the same, but some of them seem to have a bar under the padding, going crossways..right where I didn't want one.

Inflight entertainment wasn't bad...but the handset on my seat didn't work...had to use touch-screen only...which kinda sucked.

All those airlines need to put a way to remove those damned subtitles if you don't want them.

Pete of New Hampshire

• 5 weeks later...

Any news to share on tickets and prices ? They have been showing the airlines have raised their ticket prices in the USA for summer travel in the news reports lately. Just wondering if anyone is still finding any good deals. From Memphis to Cebu we got r/t 1630.00 usd for travel in July. Have anyone found the prices have gone up / down ?

If so please post.

We have been using Best travel store, for about the last 5 yrs. I have allways got a good deal through there. And since we come to Cebu and avoid Manila, we have been going through Hong Kong and Inchon, This year is the first for Korea Airlines, and it was good.

Best Travel Store ROCKS! They always have some insanely low prices on air fares. They are definitely worth looking into. I too have used them for man years and they always come through. Easy to work with and customer service is top-notch.

Here is there site link

http://www.bt-store.com

We have been using Best travel store, for about the last 5 yrs. I have allways got a good deal through there. And since we come to Cebu and avoid Manila, we have been going through Hong Kong and Inchon, This year is the first for Korea Airlines, and it was good.

We have also used Best Travel Store in the past, and we have generally been pretty satisfied with them. We are, however, really glad that we bought our Korean Airlines tickets already (about $1,425 per ticket roundtrip from Salt Lake City, Utah to Cebu, Philippines) because the ticket prices continue to inch upwards. Right now, the cheapest flight that we can get if we wanted to purchase now averages about $1,641 per ticket which is still more than $1,650 total than we paid when we bought our tickets in January (and, I am afraid, the ticket prices will only continue to go up due to demand and the uncertainty over fuel prices). B) :drink:;)

• 3 weeks later...
Jim in Cebu

Korean air does have an excellent service, my only complaint is they keep the cabin stifling hot. I sweated the entire 14 hour flight from DFW to Inchon. The personal entertainment systems in each seat are great but the probably add to the "cook a loaf of bread" cabin temp.

On my first KAL flight several years ago, 3 of 4 legs were way to very hot. I've flown KAL a few times since then and it's been better.

I was on a US domestic flight more recently (I don't remember the carrier), and the middle economy section I was in was real hot. I went back to the flight attendants who were in the tail of the plane, and told them of the problem and they quickly resolved it. Since it was in the middle of the flight and they weren't passing through the cabin, they were unaware of the problem.

If there are cabin temperature problems in the future on KAL or other airlines, I'll be sure to notify the flight attendants.