Best Air Fares...

the.lone.gunman

Incheon is a great airport for a layover. I was there in August. Lots of shops and restaurants. Lots of laptops and wifi available free for public use. There is a currency exchange. You can buy a shower pack for 6 bucks US and have a shower and a shave in a nice bathroom. Small hotel rooms available for a nap if you want one or you can just go to the free KAL lounge and watch large screen tv or take a nap on one of their couches there. There is a massage parlor. Several smoking rooms are available. Nice modern and well kept airport. Incheon is my favorite airport for a layover.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tim

• towboat72

• tomaw

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a problem. I had used this site about a year ago to book my last flight to Cebu, and found a round trip fare from Toronto to Cebu via Korean Air for $1150 tax in. Forwarded the info from itasoftwa

The best place to start when looking for airfare is http://matrix.itasoftware.com/. It gives you an idea of what airlines are charging for a range of dates, and multiple departure cities. With that i

i booked this week after extensive searching through internet and walking into a travel agent in town here in north dakota,the travel agent was no help,actually more expensive and also asked why i wou

Best deal I have found was with exploretrip.com, eastern washington to cebu for $1258.

Edited by JollyJim

Incheon is a great airport for a layover. I was there in August. Lots of shops and restaurants. Lots of laptops and wifi available free for public use. There is a currency exchange. You can buy a shower pack for 6 bucks US and have a shower and a shave in a nice bathroom. Small hotel rooms available for a nap if you want one or you can just go to the free KAL lounge and watch large screen tv or take a nap on one of their couches there. There is a massage parlor. Several smoking rooms are available. Nice modern and well kept airport. Incheon is my favorite airport for a layover.

gunman, By the write up on it, that sure does read like a nice airport. This will be my first time into Seoul Airport, and after reading your write up, I'm looking forward to it. My favorite and nicest airport to date is, hands down, Singapore. I just love that airport!

Tim I'm flying almost the same time frame as you are, early June to late July or mid-April. I check various sites daily and the cheapest I can find round trip is about $1800. My plan is to wait it out 2-3 more months to see if I can find a price that is closer to what Korean air is currently offering for a round trip from SFO $900 to MNL since its such a huge difference.

We are flying out of Memphis on July 4th,,, and it saves a few dollars for us, we go from Memphis to Chicago to Korea to Cebu. I am paying $1640 per person r/t. (Last year we paid $1550 on KAL.) so the tickets have gone up.

Jeff found that it would have cost $1990 if we flew early June. I will give more details on my tickets later...

Ned: if U need to recharge your computer, Ipod, etc, when U are at the airport in Korea, U can go to the KAL information desk and give them your boarding pass and they will give U a power adapter, where U can plug into the airport power sources - most outlets are along the outer walls... and when U get everything recharged U just give the adapter back and get your boarding pass - all for free...

Also, U can buy your food in the airport - like burger king - with american money, but they will round up to a five or ten dollar fee. If U want to wait to exchange the money in the airport, u will get a better deal, but what will u do with the change...lol... i just give them the cash and not worry about it. I hate to wait in line for the money changers. but that is just me...

Tim, thanks for the heads up on the power adaptor, that will surely come in handy for David and Margie. As for Burger King, David will be in heaven..hehehehehe maybe you can visit us when you are around this summer? You more than welcome to come by.

ned

:thats-funny:

I was in Incheon in October and had a 9 1/2 hour lay over.

The showers are good but you cant get in them until 7:00am.

tom_shor

gunman, By the write up on it, that sure does read like a nice airport. This will be my first time into Seoul Airport, and after reading your write up, I'm looking forward to it. My favorite and nicest airport to date is, hands down, Singapore. I just love that airport!

I think Singapore is better but Incheon is very nice. The main thing that makes me nervous is if you look at the flight info when you take off you go very close to North Korea. Since the petty king of North Korea is a certifiable lunitic it wouldn't surprise me if they took a pot shot one day.

I think Singapore is better but Incheon is very nice. The main thing that makes me nervous is if you look at the flight info when you take off you go very close to North Korea. Since the petty king of North Korea is a certifiable lunitic it wouldn't surprise me if they took a pot shot one day.

Jeff Jenks and I had discussed that issue when I began using KAL. He felt that KAL will easily move their flight plan to a more safer distant if N Korea begins to stir up the Sh.. too much... :notallthere:

I kinda belive him because their airline program is too important to them to let it get destory just to save a few air miles and time for a shortage trip, it is just as easy to go futher away from N Korea.

Korean air does have an excellent service, my only complaint is they keep the cabin stifling hot. I sweated the entire 14 hour flight from DFW to Inchon. The personal entertainment systems in each seat are great but the probably add to the "cook a loaf of bread" cabin temp.

maybe it was just that flight I've never had a problem with them before

Well I am locked in. Went thru Jeff Jenks and got a good price I think.

Paid $1636.00 per person

Leave:

Memphis to Chicago (ORD)on AA - american eagle --

Chicago to Korea --- on KAL

Korea to Cebu on KAL

Lv Memphis the 4th of July at 6 am and arrive in Cebu at 11 pm 5 of July

Return :

Lv Cebu the 25 of July and arrive in Memphis 25 of July.

Rtn trip same...

Have reservation with the Diplomat Hotel confirmed. Went on their on-line reservation web site. Paid PHP 1,360 per night for Superior room.

Will probably email Danny (from this forum) to set-up our pickup at the airport, if not, will just take a taxi...

Jeff got our ticket thru KAL so we should get our baggage free...2 check in bags @ 50 lbs per person and one carry on @ 25 lbs. Our checkin bags should be forwarded from Memphis at checkin to Cebu at checkout

There are no more than 4 hours between each flight, except one, that will be on the rtn trip flying into Chicago (which will be our port of entry) and that is 5 hours. Which is good since we have to go thru customs there. The extra hour will not hurt.

So thanks to Jeff for all of his hard work.

Thanks to the Diplomat for confirming my reservation

And thanks to the first forum member who buys me a cold Sam Miguel light beer in July 2011... :thats-funny:

Edited by tim
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

I fly Korean twice a year from Vancouver to Cebu and have never had a problem. [ The only thing out of the ordinary was one flight from Vancouver to Inchon when they told me economy was overbooked and put me in business class ! lol

maybe it was just that flight I've never had a problem with them before

Last April I did LAX to Japan, stayed there two days, Japan to Manila then Hanoi to Japan and Japan to LAX 900 dollars. I went through a travel agent told him that I wanted to see Japan and Vietnam (as well as Philippines my main destination) and we came up with that Itinerary. Took smaller airlines, Cebu Pacific, Vietnam Air and Air Asia flights for other cities during my trip. Ended up taking 12 flights in 23 days.

mistaeric

Just booked my flight from Hous to Lax RT for $278.99 on CO air. And Lax to Manila on China air for $930.00 leaving feb 7th to 28th! Caught a promo flight sale from Manila to Cebu for P930!! Booyah on that fare!

Edited by mistaeric