Sign in to follow this  
the.lone.gunman

sarrosa hotel

the.lone.gunman

Is anyone familiar with the Sarrosa Hotel? Standard room is 22k php per month and they have a pool. Doesn't sound too bad...........

DeezNuz

We've had a few of our employees from China stay there for a week. They seemed to like it OK. To me it smelled like soggy clothes with the mold and mildew in the air. They have a new section now, but is a bit more exepensive.

If you don't need the pool, I recommend staying at Alpa Suite...just half a kilometer down the street. The rooms are a bit more modern and the rates aren't too bad when they have a promotion.

Panserhansen

I rented a condo there in 2009 and really liked the hotel. Make sure you see the room first, they do vary both for interior, view and noise from the street outside. Swimming pool is inside and not very big.

Sarrosa is a pretty safe bet for people who want a safe place to stay a month or more, exploring Cebu. They offer internet for 1500/month, speed was usually 380-800 kbs and never down.

Bushman

Hi Loe Gunman,

We are staying at the Sarossa right now, while we build our house.

Been here just on 2 months.

We took a 3 bedroom apartment plus dining, living with 2 bathrooms. Can sleep

up to 7 (although we are only 5) Cost is P43K/month + elec + water. Price varies

depending on length of stay. Its a self contained unit with plates cutelry, large fridge,

gas cooker, rice cooker etc. Laundry can be done across the road at about P30/kg.

As mentioned in the post it has a brilliant highspeed internet connection. We put a wireless

router on it so all the family can access it at the same time. Not bad for P1500/month!

We have never used the pool....? My wife and kids had a look but I haven't seen it...

The hotel is a bit dated in decor but condition is generally fine. Staff are very friendly

and they clean/change sheets towels every other day.The rooms in the apartment are

reasonable size with basic furniture and aircon. Aircon in the main livving dining also.

Great location being only a stone throw (P40 by taxi) from Ayala. We looked at other places

in Mactan which were not as good.

The best place I saw was Cebu yacht club, which has self contained units, but the price is

between P70~100K per month.

I would say Sarossa is good value for money from our experience. We have had a

happy stay and will move out at the end of this month once the house building is complete!

Hope this helps.

Bushman