Changes to US passports in Feb

RogerDuMond

It is just one more instance of our government not wanting to offend anyone. The number of instances where this will come into play will, in my opinion be minuscule. The requirements for obtaining a passport are not changing, Both biological parents must sign the application for a passport except for cases where one or both parents parental rights have been removed by the court. As an example say that you and your wife have a child, you get divorced, she gets primary custody of the child and moves in with another woman. The child can not get a passport without your signature and your wifes signature as long as you haven't given up your parental rights.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cary

• Baywak

• broden

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Headshot

In what thread did Headshot warns us about Gay Men in the Philippines?

I remember the instance when I commented on gays in the schools, but I'm afraid I don't remember the exact thread. It wasn't so much a warning as a statement of fact that there are a lot of gays teaching in the schools here in the Philippines. When gays are allowed to be in positions where they influence your children, there will inevitably be an acceptance of gays as "normal" over time. For that reason, parents should be careful of who teaches their children. Gays here in the Philippines feel safe in the education system, and for some reason most of the parents don't object. Most of the males working in the education system here (teachers and principals) are gay. My wife was an elementary teacher, and the field is overrun with gays. As a consequence, gays are much more accepted here than they are in the US. Children have grown up with gays in positions of authority, and as adults have come to accept them.

But...this is somewhat off-topic.

Edited by Headshot
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

this is just a neverending story. someone somewhere is always going to offended by something and trying to please everyone is pointless, you simply can't, and your answers for some will end up offending others. you also need to add the fact that there are tons of people who simply seek out offense every day and insist on being offended

i've said it before, at least in the states, people seem to think more and more they have some specific right to not be offended. they have no such right

RogerDuMond

this is just a neverending story. someone somewhere is always going to offended by something and trying to please everyone is pointless, you simply can't, and your answers for some will end up offending others. you also need to add the fact that there are tons of people who simply seek out offense every day and insist on being offended

I find your remarks extremely offensive. :scratch_head:

• Admin (Retired)
broden

as do i

proud-member-of-the-angry-mob.jpg

Is this elective? Can I be parent one on one passport and parent two on another? Will anyone know? Will anyone give a shit? The forms for applying for citizenship for a baby has changed or will change this month. Just another way to sneak in an increase in fee. Also these changes come when a new Director is appointed so he/she (director 1/director 2 ? ) can show up their predecessor. Also, it's good to know that mother and father are not precise words. Could it be that I have been Mother all these years.....to nine children. Jeez, I was just getting used to father.

John Lane

SkyMan

It is just one more instance of our government not wanting to offend anyone.

and in the process offending the vast majority.

Yes, you could be parent 1 on one application, and parent 2 on another.... Big Brother hasn't figured that out yet....at least I don't think they have.....

I filed my kid's application as parent 1, but my kids

still call me Dad....it's no big deal...really!!

Is this elective? Can I be parent one on one passport and parent two on another? Will anyone know? Will anyone give a shit? The forms for applying for citizenship for a baby has changed or will change this month. Just another way to sneak in an increase in fee. Also these changes come when a new Director is appointed so he/she (director 1/director 2 ? ) can show up their predecessor. Also, it's good to know that mother and father are not precise words. Could it be that I have been Mother all these years.....to nine children. Jeez, I was just getting used to father.

John Lane

SkyMan

Why don't they just get a little smarter with these forms instead of this annoying PC stuff? How many times have you seen a form where you check off what you want to be addressed as? Mr. Mrs. Ms. Dr. Rev. etc. Just have the form where you check off Father, Sperm donor, parent 1, thing 1, primary abuser or whatever. How hard is that?