Annual Immigration Visit Required for Report

I will be doing my 1st report in Cebu soon, previously I did it at BI in Laguna, Question, should I go through the possible hassle of changing address details on my ACR card or just register?

The rule about address change notification and penalty for noncompliance is printed on your ACR card.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cary

• Davaoeno

• SkyMan

• ancienrocka

so, with my SRRV do i have to do this or not? I was told not, but who ever knows for sure here.

SRRV holders are exempt from making the Annual Report - it is one of the privileges you pay for!

Apart from the one-time application fee, CURRENT SRRV members who have a term deposit in a PRA recognized bank

do not have to pay annual visitorial fees. That''s according to the Cebu staff of the PRA.

Headshot

I went in to BoI Mandaue this afternoon. I walked in, went to the cashier's window next to the sign for ACR-I reporting, and gave them my ACR-I card and 310 pesos. Less than two minutes later, I was walking out the door with my card back in my wallet and a printed receipt in my hand. This has to be just about the simplest process I've run into here.

And next year you will show up with your ACR card and they will ask for your passport, electric bill, high school transcripts(original only, sorry sir), toll receipt, outgoing airline ticket, tuli papers(look it up), car insurance receipt(but I don't have a car!!!-sorry sir,must have car insurance)and a life-size photo of you clearing customs.

That's the problem, there are no rules and the rules that are written are not enforced or interpreted differently by each person.

Exactly. And they aren't enforced the same everywhere. Mandaue BoI only wants the card and cash but someone might read that's all the BoI wants and go goes to another BoI office where they want everything. The notice on the window came from the Manila Head Office and clearly lists residency certificate and prior reporting receipts are required but no one asked for that. Also, you might go to Mandaue BoI on a day when someone from the head office is inspecting and you might be screwed.

I lucked out yesterday. Was driving home from SM and hit major traffic/accident as I was approaching the BoI so I decided to go pay. I was wearing shorts and slippers but was on my crutches so I figured that if they had a problem with it I'd just tell them shoes or long pants make my leg swell. :) After my 10 minutes paying the fee, traffic had cleared and I was home in no time.

The reason these are processed so quickly is because there is no money in it for them. It's only 310p and that is so tightly controlled there is no room for tips, etc.

Life's a bitch. Mine's done for 2011. I was only relating what happened. I can't account for what COULD happen. If you want to see some processes with NO rules, go to the US Embassy in Manila.

I am planning to go to BOI here in Manila next week. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Believe me i hope its simply show them my card, pay the P310 and then leave.

Life's a bitch. Mine's done for 2011. I was only relating what happened. I can't account for what COULD happen. If you want to see some processes with NO rules, go to the US Embassy in Manila.

BOI reporting experience in Cebu office, 1/5/10:

Arrived at 11:15 am, while signing in, asked the guard where to go for ACR-I card reporting... response: counter #3. Walked in, nobody at counter 3, handed my ACR card to the attendant, he swiped it, said it would be 310 php, I handed him 350 php, if not for him needing to go get change, I would have been out in under 2 minutes, as it was... 2:30 second. Hands down, the most effecient process I have been a part of in the Philippines. Wala problema!

Edited by RonH
SkyMan

I understand both parts of your post Bill. I was just saying that someone might come here and see these posts and think all they need is the card. But then they go to the BoI in Manila and maybe there they are told to go get the other things. So then they come on here posting how we're a bunch of aholes for telling them all they needed was the card and cash. So, Mandaue BoI seems like all you need is the card and cash. Other sites, you're on your own.

Wombat No More

I will be doing my 1st report in Cebu soon, previously I did it at BI in Laguna, Question, should I go through the possible hassle of changing address details on my ACR card or just register?

If ya don't do it, like a lot of things here, it can come back and bite one on the arse and then it will be a hassle. No hassle (except time) when I did it a while back except the three bloody same papers I had to write out one after the other. That took 10 minutes, then 10 minutes (again, after getting the papers) in line to hand em in then 20 minutes waiting for my name to be called that it was all ok etc.

JasonEcos

Is this requirement just for 13a visas? I have been doing the "pay every 2 month tourist visa" thing and I'm curious if it is supposed to apply for me. I would assume it doesn't since I am renewing it every 2months anyway... but then they gave me a (worthless) acr card that says something about reporting on it in the first 60days.

Also I will be leaving the country today for a day trip to Hong Kong then back to the Philippines again. If the rule did apply to me would it still apply since I left and came back during that 60day reporting period?

If ya don't do it, like a lot of things here, it can come back and bite one on the arse and then it will be a hassle. No hassle (except time) when I did it a while back except the three bloody same papers I had to write out one after the other. That took 10 minutes, then 10 minutes (again, after getting the papers) in line to hand em in then 20 minutes waiting for my name to be called that it was all ok etc.

A mate & I went this morning & as reported by RonH, window 3, pay P310, ACR swiped and 2 mins later done. For me then to the next window to pay for address change, P500, then upstairs 10 min wait for my turn, address updated & done. Whole exercise around 30 mins. Professional, courteous & helpful all the way.

State Trooper

Visited the Butuan City BI office today trying to do my annual report..Didnt get it done but Has anyone else been asked to pay P500 extra to update their address?

Headshot

There is a fee. I didn't know how much it was.

so, with my SRRV do i have to do this or not? I was told not, but who ever knows for sure here.

SRRV holders are exempt from making the Annual Report - it is one of the privileges you pay for!

Apart from the one-time application fee, CURRENT SRRV members who have a term deposit in a PRA recognized bank

do not have to pay annual visitorial fees. That''s according to the Cebu staff of the PRA.

They are correct if you stay within the terms of the SRRV as identified when you applied then you do not pay the visitorial fee.

You are expected to report the PRA to have your annual card renewed at a cost of 10$ or apply for the 3 year card 30$ so you do not attend each year. the PRA in effect acts as your agent with the BID as the PRA sponsors your visa which is still approved by the BID including annual renewal. I renewed mine for 1 year on Friday at Makati PRA, took less than 20 minutes, probably my last year in the scheme as will look to take up a 13a.

NittanyLion

Jan. 12, 2011

Today, I went to the Santa Rosa, Laguna immigration office to do the annual immigration visit.

I told the guy at the counter why I was there. He handed me a 9"x9" white form called Master Card of Registered Alien, and marked off what I should fill out. He said that they also need one 2"x2" picture of me, and a photocopy of bother sides of my ACR card.

I told him that my friends had done this already, and they didn't have to do all that other stuff. He said that it was a new requirement. Hay naku.

Thats a major problem here; no uniform standard.

Jan. 12, 2011

Today, I went to the Santa Rosa, Laguna immigration office to do the annual immigration visit.

I told the guy at the counter why I was there. He handed me a 9"x9" white form called Master Card of Registered Alien, and marked off what I should fill out. He said that they also need one 2"x2" picture of me, and a photocopy of bother sides of my ACR card.

I told him that my friends had done this already, and they didn't have to do all that other stuff. He said that it was a new requirement. Hay naku.

State Trooper

Jan. 12, 2011

And after 3 trips to the Butuan City office I finally was able to give them money. It does seem that some offices are more efficient than others. Butuan still uses paper to keep track of foreigners and they needed a photo of me and fingerprints and I had to speak with the Chief. I assume if I am still in Butuan next year, my annual report will go smoother now that they have a paper file on me.