Annual Immigration Visit Required for Report

Thanks Paul. I am going to try to go next week.

its 310p and i did mine today but did not go myself .... waited at SM and sent my wife.

I did mine today also and as you say - 10 minutes maximum.

I asked the guy there and he said all that is required is the ACR card - I took along everything though just in case, passport, old receipt and certificate.

I remember last year a sign that said that if you use an agent to make your Annual Report they will need a notarized letter of authorization. This year the sign confirms that but also says that if an agent is used you need to pay a 500p express lane fee.

Paul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cary

• SkyMan

• ancienrocka

• Davaoeno

SkyMan

Not sure what visa you're on Mailman, but in the case of a 13a it is the piece of paper you get when Manila confirms your change of status. It is signed by all the Board of Commissioners. That being said, I don't know of anyone being asked to show it!

I have a 13a but I have never received such a paper. Basically, outside of the ACR-I card, all I have is the stamp and signatures in my passport.

The residency certificate is the piece of paper they gave you when you got your 13A. It is the same as what's stamped in your passport so I don't know why they need it if you bring your passport. When I went for my permanent 13A the atty wanted me to produce some proof I had a 13A. Now a 1st world country would just look in their own damn computer system to find that proof rather than trust something I could produce but we're not in Kansas anymore. (TG!) And apparently the giant 13A stamp in my passport wasn't of any value nor the ACR-I card that said 13A temporary. It was when I pulled out that proof of residency form that his eyes lit up and he had to give in. Sheeesh.

Edited by SkyMan
SkyMan

wow ! its hard to believe that by paying a fee you can change the rules !!! lol

its 310p and i did mine today but did not go myself .... waited at SM and sent my wife.

I asked the guy there and he said all that is required is the ACR card - I took along everything though just in case, passport, old receipt and certificate.

I remember last year a sign that said that if you use an agent to make your Annual Report they will need a notarized letter of authorization. This year the sign confirms that but also says that if an agent is used you need to pay a 500p express lane fee.

Paul

Actually that's about the only way to get anything done here.

Davaoeno

uh, Skyman. actually my comment was dripping with sarcasm !! lol

wow ! its hard to believe that by paying a fee you can change the rules !!! lol

Paul

Actually that's about the only way to get anything done here.

smokey

Not sure what visa you're on Mailman, but in the case of a 13a it is the piece of paper you get when Manila confirms your change of status. It is signed by all the Board of Commissioners. That being said, I don't know of anyone being asked to show it!

I have a 13a but I have never received such a paper. Basically, outside of the ACR-I card, all I have is the stamp and signatures in my passport.

The residency certificate is the piece of paper they gave you when you got your 13A. It is the same as what's stamped in your passport so I don't know why they need it if you bring your passport. When I went for my permanent 13A the atty wanted me to produce some proof I had a 13A. Now a 1st world country would just look in their own damn computer system to find that proof rather than trust something I could produce but we're not in Kansas anymore. (TG!) And apparently the giant 13A stamp in my passport wasn't of any value nor the ACR-I card that said 13A temporary. It was when I pulled out that proof of residency form that his eyes lit up and he had to give in. Sheeesh.

all they wanted was the card you have and they swipe it and you pay....done

Thanks Robert.

all they wanted was the card you have and they swipe it and you pay....done

Wombat No More

A few years ago when I got my 13 (a) residency, I was issued paperwork and a (or was it 2 of) aprox 8" x 4" yellow cardboard (ACR?) card with my photo attached. They said a proper certificate would be issued at a later date and about 2 years later, I actually saw it from a few metres away and it was an attractive looking A4 size with some sort of designs on it. It was never issued and they asked me to present the papers I already had, kept them and said I had to pay $50 bucks for 5 years for an I-Card, which is due for renewal this July. I only have colour copies of the original stuff they issued me but apparently they are pretty much useless now and the passport stamp and your I-Card are the only things you need.

As for reporting in the first 60 days of each year; that much is correct but as I posted here recently and as I found from the Immigration lawyer there, you can be out of the country, even for a number of years, and still be ok for your residency as long as you report in to Immigration within the first 10 days after arriving. (or was it 14 days?).

2 years ago when I went in to report, the attendant in the window receiving the passport and I-Card, called me over after 20 minutes waiting and said I had to report to the 3rd floor office and ask for so and so. There could be absolutely no reason why anyone would want to question me on anything and smelling a rat, I asked very sternly "WHY???" The attendant was taken aback and said "one moment sir", took off and came back 5 minutes later and said "it's ok sir, please pay your fee to the cashier" and gave my stuff back to me. I reckon for sure, that I had just averted a scam by letting them know by attitude that I wasn't going to be party to any bullshit. (the latter is just food for thought I spose)

Stranded Shipscook

Thanks Robert51,

now i can go in peace to register for this year

At least they stopped asking for silly receipts in Mandaue... although i still will bring them along, just in case

mattwilkie

Its unlikely they will bother you.. if you haven't got the extra paperwork its unlikely they want it.. they will just be looking to get you updated and get you back out P300 isn't worth the hassle compared to the people just arriving :evan_iliadis:

I will be doing my 1st report in Cebu soon, previously I did it at BI in Laguna, Question, should I go through the possible hassle of changing address details on my ACR card or just register?

Davaoeno

so, with my SRRV do i have to do this or not? I was told not, but who ever knows for sure here.

Headshot

I went in to BoI Mandaue this afternoon. I walked in, went to the cashier's window next to the sign for ACR-I reporting, and gave them my ACR-I card and 310 pesos. Less than two minutes later, I was walking out the door with my card back in my wallet and a printed receipt in my hand. This has to be just about the simplest process I've run into here.

ancienrocka

so, with my SRRV do i have to do this or not? I was told not, but who ever knows for sure here.

SRRV holders are exempt from making the Annual Report - it is one of the privileges you pay for!

I went in to BoI Mandaue this afternoon. I walked in, went to the cashier's window next to the sign for ACR-I reporting, and gave them my ACR-I card and 310 pesos. Less than two minutes later, I was walking out the door with my card back in my wallet and a printed receipt in my hand. This has to be just about the simplest process I've run into here.

And next year you will show up with your ACR card and they will ask for your passport, electric bill, high school transcripts(original only, sorry sir), toll receipt, outgoing airline ticket, tuli papers(look it up), car insurance receipt(but I don't have a car!!!-sorry sir,must have car insurance)and a life-size photo of you clearing customs.

That's the problem, there are no rules and the rules that are written are not enforced or interpreted differently by each person.

SkyMan

And next year you will show up with your ACR card and they will ask for your passport, electric bill, high school transcripts(original only, sorry sir), toll receipt, outgoing airline ticket, tuli papers(look it up), car insurance receipt(but I don't have a car!!!-sorry sir,must have car insurance)and a life-size photo of you clearing customs.

That's the problem, there are no rules and the rules that are written are not enforced or interpreted differently by each person.

Exactly. And they aren't enforced the same everywhere. Mandaue BoI only wants the card and cash but someone might read that's all the BoI wants and go goes to another BoI office where they want everything. The notice on the window came from the Manila Head Office and clearly lists residency certificate and prior reporting receipts are required but no one asked for that. Also, you might go to Mandaue BoI on a day when someone from the head office is inspecting and you might be screwed.

I lucked out yesterday. Was driving home from SM and hit major traffic/accident as I was approaching the BoI so I decided to go pay. I was wearing shorts and slippers but was on my crutches so I figured that if they had a problem with it I'd just tell them shoes or long pants make my leg swell. :oldtimer: After my 10 minutes paying the fee, traffic had cleared and I was home in no time.

The reason these are processed so quickly is because there is no money in it for them. It's only 310p and that is so tightly controlled there is no room for tips, etc.

Edited by SkyMan