lets begin at confused

HELLO AGAIN,

SO I GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 5, BUT I HAVE TO LEAVE THE PHILS FOR A FEW MONTHS AT THE END OF MARCH.

I AM UNDECIDED AS TO WHETHER:

A.......APPLY FOR THE TEMP 13A VISA ON THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO LEAVE IN MARCH (how long can i leave for and not interrupt the application)

B.......SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL I RETURN TO THE PHILS TO MAKE THE 13A APPLICATION AND JUST PAY THE REGULAR TOURIST VISA EXTENSIONS UNTIL I LEAVE IN MARCH

C.......I COULD APPLY FOR THE 13A WHEN I AM AT HOME IN IRELAND.......BUT THE DOWNSIDE IS MY WIFE CANT GET THE TIME OFF WORK FOR A 3 MONTH STINT IN IRELAND AND APPARENTLY SHE HAS TO BE WITH ME IN IRELAND

FOR THE INTERVIEW OR COULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR HER TO BE INTERVIEWED HERE IN THE PHILS.

I HAVE EMAILED THE PHIL EMBASSY IN IRELAND SEVERAL TIMES , BUT IT SEEMS THAT FILIPINO EFFICIENCY ISNT JUST RESTRICTED TO THE 7,200 ISLANDS, BUT THEY TAKE IT WITH THEM OVERSEAS

BUT BACK TO THE ACR CARD, SINCE THIS WILL BE MY SECOND 59 DAY EXTENSION COMING IN EARLY JANUARY, I HAVE TO GET THIS ACR CARD......WHAT WILL BECOME OF THIS CARD WHEN I LEAVE.

AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS I NEEDED TO GET THIS CARD.......I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO GO AROUND THE TABLE 3 OR 4 TIMES AND STILL END BACK AT THE FIRST LADY BEHIND THE IMMIGRATION DESK...:loser_1:............................SO THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR READING MY RANT AND BEST WISHES TO ALL FOR THE NEW YEAR

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpt1947

• RogerDuMond

• Baywak

• NOSOCALPINOY

Awesome Color

Before beginning at confused, you should have begun by turning off the "Caps Lock" on your keyboard.

ancienrocka

HELLO AGAIN,

SO I GOT MARRIED ON DECEMBER 5, BUT I HAVE TO LEAVE THE PHILS FOR A FEW MONTHS AT THE END OF MARCH.

A.......APPLY FOR THE TEMP 13A VISA ON THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO LEAVE IN MARCH (how long can i leave for and not interrupt the application) I believe, ( not 100% sure), your application may be suspended if you leave before the 13a is approved by Manila which can take up to 3 months from the date of filing your application - it may even take longer. I think the real sticking point is that as you only got married on 5th December, your NBI certified copy of your Marriage Certificate won't be ready until mid January at best.

B.......SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL I RETURN TO THE PHILS TO MAKE THE 13A APPLICATION AND JUST PAY THE REGULAR TOURIST VISA EXTENSIONS UNTIL I LEAVE IN MARCH - This would be my suggestion.

C.......I COULD APPLY FOR THE 13A WHEN I AM AT HOME IN IRELAND.......BUT THE DOWNSIDE IS MY WIFE CANT GET THE TIME OFF WORK FOR A 3 MONTH STINT IN IRELAND AND APPARENTLY SHE HAS TO BE WITH ME IN IRELAND FOR THE INTERVIEW OR COULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR HER TO BE INTERVIEWED HERE IN THE PHILS. I think your wife has to be with you but not sure - maybe someone else can shed light on this.

I HAVE EMAILED THE PHIL EMBASSY IN IRELAND SEVERAL TIMES , BUT IT SEEMS THAT FILIPINO EFFICIENCY ISNT JUST RESTRICTED TO THE 7,200 ISLANDS, BUT THEY TAKE IT WITH THEM OVERSEAS

BUT BACK TO THE ACR CARD, SINCE THIS WILL BE MY SECOND 59 DAY EXTENSION COMING IN EARLY JANUARY, I HAVE TO GET THIS ACR CARD......WHAT WILL BECOME OF THIS CARD WHEN I LEAVE. This "tourist visa" ACR card you just keep - do not surrender it at the airport - it will exempt you from having to buy one agian if you stay as a tourist for longer than 59 days when you return. When you get your 13a visa, you will need to pay for another ACR card, this time stamped as a PR.

AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS I NEEDED TO GET THIS CARD.......I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO GO AROUND THE TABLE 3 OR 4 TIMES AND STILL END BACK AT THE FIRST LADY BEHIND THE IMMIGRATION DESK. Just do your extension as normal and pay the fees - around 7500p - then after collecting your passport, go back a week later with your passport to pick up your ACR card.

Edited by ancienrocka

your next extension is just as easy as your last one, they lift the photo off your passport, I had to pay all together 6766.50 peso for my extension it can be a little different as the fee for acr is us dollar based, after 1 week you can return to pickup your card

RogerDuMond

Just completed the 13a process here in the US. There is nothing that your wife has to do other than supply a notarized letter requesting the Philippine government allow your immigration. There was no requirement for an interview of either myself or my wife. Everything was done by mail. You will need originals of her birth certificate and your marriage contract. All the other things you supply. You should be able to get the forms and requirements from the website for your countries Philippine embassy. I believe that is much easier and more beneficial to get the 13a visa in your own country and not in the Philippines. It took me a couple of months to accomplish all the requirements and 2 1/2 months for approval from the time that the Philippine Embassy received my application.

SkyMan

Before beginning at confused, you should have begun by turning off the "Caps Lock" on your keyboard.

Yea, I can't and/won't read an all caps post. You want help, be nice. If you vision is poor, magnify your browser.

HELLO AGAIN,

A.......APPLY FOR THE TEMP 13A VISA ON THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO LEAVE IN MARCH (how long can i leave for and not interrupt the application) I believe, ( not 100% sure), your application may be suspended if you leave before the 13a is approved by Manila which can take up to 3 months from the date of filing your application - it may even take longer. I think the real sticking point is that as you only got married on 5th December, your NBI certified copy of your Marriage Certificate won't be ready until mid January at best.

B.......SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL I RETURN TO THE PHILS TO MAKE THE 13A APPLICATION AND JUST PAY THE REGULAR TOURIST VISA EXTENSIONS UNTIL I LEAVE IN MARCH - This would be my suggestion.

C.......I COULD APPLY FOR THE 13A WHEN I AM AT HOME IN IRELAND.......BUT THE DOWNSIDE IS MY WIFE CANT GET THE TIME OFF WORK FOR A 3 MONTH STINT IN IRELAND AND APPARENTLY SHE HAS TO BE WITH ME IN IRELAND FOR THE INTERVIEW OR COULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR HER TO BE INTERVIEWED HERE IN THE PHILS. I think your wife has to be with you but not sure - maybe someone else can shed light on this.

BUT BACK TO THE ACR CARD, SINCE THIS WILL BE MY SECOND 59 DAY EXTENSION COMING IN EARLY JANUARY, I HAVE TO GET THIS ACR CARD......WHAT WILL BECOME OF THIS CARD WHEN I LEAVE. This "tourist visa" ACR card you just keep - do not surrender it at the airport - it will exempt you from having to buy one agian if you stay as a tourist for longer than 59 days when you return. When you get your 13a visa, you will need to pay for another ACR card, this time stamped as a PR.

AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS I NEEDED TO GET THIS CARD.......I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO GO AROUND THE TABLE 3 OR 4 TIMES AND STILL END BACK AT THE FIRST LADY BEHIND THE IMMIGRATION DESK. Just do your extension as normal and pay the fees - around 7500p - then after collecting your passport, go back a week later with your passport to pick up your ACR card.

Paul,

Am I missing something here? Isn't the Balikbayan Visa an option? Or does his wife have to return from Ireland with him?

ancienrocka

To obtain a BB stamp legally your Filipino wife/husband must be with you when you arrive in the Philippines.

How long is a BB stamp good for as far as staying?

1 year, but if you leave the country before it is up - you still must come back in with your wife and you may not get a second chance - that might be between you and the immigration officer that stamps your incoming passport

You may not get a second chance at what?

1 year, but if you leave the country before it is up - you still must come back in with your wife and you may not get a second chance - that might be between you and the immigration officer that stamps your incoming passport

Officially the BB Stamp is only given one time, but depending upon the immigration officer, and how considerate you might be (I am not going to be more specific), you may get an extension

Where did you get that info from?If a person receives balikbayan when entering the phil.,it does not mean the person MUST stay for the whole year.I have entered the Phil. with my wife intending to stay only a month and still my passport was stamped balikbayan.Also We have travelled so many many times in and out of the Phil.and know many others that have also and no one ever says "You may not get a second chance" or ever heard of such a thing.As far as immigration making that decision-the first time in you may not get a first chance.

Officially the BB Stamp is only given one time, but depending upon the immigration officer, and how considerate you might be (I am not going to be more specific), you may get an extension

Where did you get that info from?If a person receives balikbayan when entering the phil.,it does not mean the person MUST stay for the whole year.I have entered the Phil. with my wife intending to stay only a month and still my passport was stamped balikbayan.Also We have travelled so many many times in and out of the Phil.and know many others that have also and no one ever says "You may not get a second chance" or ever heard of such a thing.As far as immigration making that decision-the first time in you may not get a first chance.

Thank you for the information - I looked on the BOI Site (which referred me to Google- go figure) - I guess I was misreading the information - it is good for one year, can be extended once for 6 months, if you don't leave the country or you can continue to ask - the key being you have to Ask for it each time you return and your Filipina wife has to be with you -

Thanks for pointing our my error -

Mike

Hey Mike,here is a little piece from Immigration also.According to the Bureau of Immigration, the Balikbayan Privilege can be availed of by the foreign member of a balikbayan's family EVERY TIME they enter the Philippines with the balikbayan (former Filipino/dual citizen) AND NOT ONLY ONCE A YEAR.

Thank you for the information - I looked on the BOI Site (which referred me to Google- go figure) - I guess I was misreading the information - it is good for one year, can be extended once for 6 months, if you don't leave the country or you can continue to ask - the key being you have to Ask for it each time you return and your Filipina wife has to be with you -

Thanks for pointing our my error -

Mike