I Want Philippine Citizenship

You don't have to give up your citizenship to become a Filipino citizenship. If you get a filipino citizenship, you can keep your US citizenship. Just get your Filipino citizenship and then make a declaration in front of a consul that you intend to keep your US citizenship and they can NEVER take it from you.

That said, I can understand the OP. I have no desire to go back to the US. It's not my home and it never will be....I'm just not stupid enough to give up the passport.

Edited by Penguin
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WorldlyPatriot

• jimmynug

• Ilovecebu

• ckfm

You don't have to give up your citizenship to become a Filipino citizenship. If you get a filipino citizenship, you can keep your US citizenship. Just get your Filipino citizenship and then make a declaration in front of a consul that you intend to keep your US citizenship and they can NEVER take it from you.

That said, I can understand the OP. I have no desire to go back to the US. It's not my home and it never will be....I'm just not stupid enough to give up the passport.

i think the only dual is the filipinos coming back from the us who gave up the filipino to become US.

if expats could keep their own citizenship and get filipino dual ... the property market would go beserk ...the whole of cebu would be sold ovenight to foreigners

I have considered renouncing my U.S. citizenship someday if I am living in Cebu, but only if I get another first world citizenship first. Probably Canada, Australia, or New Zealand. I don't like the fact that the U.S. IRS taxes me based on my citizenship rather than my residence. I don't want to keep giving the IRS 1/3 of my money every year while living in the Philippines.

Edited by T.S.
"Does anone really think the US STATE DEPT is anxious to give you a visa to get back in the USA ! "

VISA ??!! VISA???!!! We don't need no stinking VISA!!!! All ya gotta do is cross the river in El Paso.

HA! Best answer yet! Chances are that even if you are caught you will be given an "appearance ticket" and kicked out the back door with your written promise to "come back" for your hearing...... the inmates are truly running the asylum here! ;)