Sign in to follow this  
blaze pontaine

Budget Hotel in Cebu

blaze pontaine

I am looking for hotels in the 800-1200 peso range. Here are some of the hotels that i've been looking at, if someone has information on these it would be appreciated -specifically are they gf?

1 Hotel Cesario in Lapu Lapu

2 NS Pensionne near Osmena Circle

3 Pacific Pension on Osmena blvd near crown regency

4 Sampaguita Suites near Magellan's Cross

5 Cebu Guest House across from Lighthouse restaurant on Mango

indiana

i love to stay at metro park hotel in lahuge around 1000 p if you ask for discount.i get my teeth done their also. pool and resterant freindly people.been staying their for 8 years when i come to cebu city. :P

Davaoeno

Every time i stay at metro park they ask me for 1000 and i tell them I have always paid 800- and they always change it to 800. [ last visit 2 months ago]

btw thats both single and double.

forgot- I dont get their breakfast- so 1000 with breakfast is probably right

Bob Ward

i love to stay at metro park hotel in lahuge around 1000 p if you ask for discount.i get my teeth done their also. pool and resterant freindly people.been staying their for 8 years when i come to cebu city. :smileywhore:

I am not going to say a word! :P

Panserhansen

I agree Metropark is good value. However, check out Palazzo Pensionne also. A single room for less than 1000 peso, included breakfast and wi-fi. Nice standard for that price, in a quiet street. Friendly staff. I am pretty sure you can get a discount if you stay long term.

udonthani

best is West Point Inn that you haven't mentioned, standard rooms are 750, really quite nice rooms are 950. Pacific Pensionne not bad, they're nice there, but the 24 convenience store at Harrison Park is just too far to walk for my SM Grandes and ice late at night. There's one close to West Point that's only one minute's walk.

at least they've just opened up a soundproofed 24 hour videoke place next to Pacific Pensionne now wihich increases the entertainment options around there. I tend to chop and change between these two. West Point Inn is very often full.

Pacific is guest friendly but they do charge extra 100 if two people check in. They won't ask for 100 if you bring a girl back though. Charging extra for double occupancy is just ridiculous. Last time I was there, I checked in with a girl and they wanted 850, the next day she pissed off to Manila by plane and I had to ask them to lower the rent by 100. It's just silly.

KennyF

I always stay at Kiwi Lodge in Mabolo.

New Zealander and his Thai wife of 35 years run the place hands on.

Loads of expats eating and drinking all day and night and a good mix of nationalities too.

50~60 pesos taxi to Ayala, SM, Mango Sq or the round about.

KinP

udonthani

since I did that reply #6 I changed my opinion again, I've now decided West Point Inn is overrpriced for what you get. You should be getting a pretty decent room in Cebu city for 800 pesos, and if you're not, they're overcharging. Jasmine on Dil Garcia, now they've finished the renovations, has really quite nice tastefully furnished rooms for 680, the pension is non-smoking, which also should appeal to some. For me the best deal on that street are the refurbished 650 peso rooms at the Capitol Tourist Inn. This place is a bit seedy and the common areas are none too clean, but these rooms are large and good value. The cheapest 520 peso rooms that they haven't got round to refurbishing are horrible bug-infested fleapits.

Pacific Pensionne is just a lottery. They charge the same for the shit rooms you can't swing a cat in as they do for the larger nicer ones. You need to remember the numbers of the good ones, and ask for them when you ring in to book, and if they're not available, tell them you're not interested.

Rocketman

I've stayed at NS Pensionne many times, but in the higher priced rooms. I looked at a few of the cheaper rooms and was not impressed. The location is good and the service decent.

MerinRich

How about Apple tree suites..i believe their prices are cheap. Has anyone stayed there yet?

TheDuke

How about Apple tree suites..i believe their prices are cheap. Has anyone stayed there yet?

We stayed there in November 2010. It is okay and the rooms are decent for the price but the noise level is quite high. There are signs posted on every floor reminding guest to remain quite but the staff would be talking and blaring music early in the morning and late at night. The rooms facing to the north have windows but the staff would hang out in the parking lot talking loudly and reving their motorcycle engines at all hours of the day and the night. We complained about it to the front desk because we couldn't sleep but they did nothing about it. We moved to the interior rooms that don't have any windows but the service wasn't much better. In hindsight I wish I had just spent more money to stay at a better hotel since noise is a pet peeve of mine.

The trouble with lodging in the Philippines is that their standards of lodging and western standards are very different. Of course, it is understandable when most of the staff of the lodging places comes from a household where there is little or no hot water, they sleep on the floor or a primitive bad and their surroundings consist of everyone blasting their ghetto blasters (music box) and karaoke machines. Therefore, it is hard for them to understand why a foreigner is upset with things like a little slime in the bathroom and people talking in the hallways. I have yet to stay at a place in the Philippines that I was totally satisfied with. Next time we visit we will stay at the Marriott, Parklane or the Radisson. Our sanity is more important than saving a little money.

Edited by TheDuke

Davaoeno

We stayed there in November 2010. It is okay and the rooms are decent for the price but the noise level is quite high. There are signs posted on every floor reminding guest to remain quite but the staff would be talking and blaring music early in the morning and late at night. The rooms facing to the north have windows but the staff would hang out in the parking lot talking loudly and reving their motorcycle engines at all hours of the day and the night. We complained about it to the front desk because we couldn't sleep but they did nothing about it. We moved to the interior rooms that don't have any windows but the service wasn't much better. In hindsight I wish I had just spent more money to stay at a better hotel since noise is a pet peeve of mine.

The trouble with lodging in the Philippines is that their standards of lodging and western standards are very different. Of course, it is understandable when most of the staff of the lodging places comes from a household where there is little or no hot water, they sleep on the floor or a primitive bad and their surroundings consist of everyone blasting their ghetto blasters (music box) and karaoke machines. Therefore, it is hard for them to understand why a foreigner is upset with things like a little slime in the bathroom and people talking in the hallways. I have yet to stay at a place in the Philippines that I was totally satisfied with. Next time we visit we will stay at the Marriott, Parklane or the Radisson. Our sanity is more important than saving a little money.

I've had good luck at the Bellavista in Lapu-Lapu . Deluxe room was 2684 php with a decent breakfast buffet included. Wi-fi only in lobby. Free airport shuttle.

I have on occasion stayed at the Marco Polo but have a problem with being charged 540 pesos a day for internet !

Mangoboy

Sampaguita Suites is a clean room at a good price. The location is not ideal, unless you are using the port-- you can walk there in 5 minutes. There is another Sampaquita Suites closer to midtown but I have not stayed there.

Rockman

Check out the Crowne Garden in Lahug, just down the street from the Metro Park on Salinas across from USP..

Paul

I have, although it has been some time since I did. The Duke mentioned it was noisy there. To avoid the noise, get a ground floor room at the end of the hall way. No window, but nice, quiet, and dark when you turn off the light. Split air-con in the room too. So, it is very quiet.

They offer wireless internet. But, it is only available in the restaurant (upstairs) and in the waiting and dining areas on the ground floor.

-------------------

I will be staying, for two nights at Diplomat Hotel, sometime in May. The Diplomat has always been a clean place to stay.

Edited by Admin