Kia Sportage

RogerDuMond

For Real

I guess that I need to explain further. I would absolutely buy a multicab except that I need something that gives a more comfortable ride. Its use will be for taking my 91 year old mother on an occasional shopping trip from the Balamban area to Cebu city. I do not care to spend the money for a new vehicle for limited use. If you read my original post I did say "or equivalent vehicle". So please give me some sources to find an inexpensive Sportage as David did, or an equivalent vehicle instead of telling me what I don't want. Thanks to all.

Fair Call!

Most were eager to talk you out of the Kia

An alternative could be http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/detail.php?id=430787 (note the money is not the same). This is a second generation CRV hence the 500K Price. In August i purchased a 2002 First Generation CRV with 155,000 KM for 350K (Cebu Classifieds)..so far it been fabulous (touch wood)

700K, you will get an absolute Gem - it all depends what you want to spend - good luck mate

David_LivinginTalisay

I guess that I need to explain further. I would absolutely buy a multicab except that I need something that gives a more comfortable ride. Its use will be for taking my 91 year old mother on an occasional shopping trip from the Balamban area to Cebu city. I do not care to spend the money for a new vehicle for limited use. If you read my original post I did say "or equivalent vehicle". So please give me some sources to find an inexpensive Sportage as David did, or an equivalent vehicle instead of telling me what I don't want. Thanks to all.

Roger,

As Fanboat (Erik) said there is an official KIA dealer on the Cebu South Road, just South of the Cebu South Coast Rd (CSCR)

Apart from NEW, I believe they have some previously owned KIA, an maybe some of these are the newer Sportage that had the 5 Year Warranty that might be new enough so there is still some Factory Warranty transferable to the new Owner.

The newish (since there is a newer KIA Sportage that is not yet in th Philippines) KIA Sportage (and you have to go by the look, not the Year of Registration as Surplus vehicles, imported and renovated can be given new Registration papers.

That is what I suspect for those 3, that I showed from http://www.ayosdito....e&cg=1000&w=110

Actually the KIA that I did take a look at NEW was the KIA Sorento Diesel when it first came to Cebu, as the new Sportage was not being imported at that time.

The price then, was Php1.24M

Cant seem to find current prices of Sorento Diesel, apart from this:-

Kia Sorento EX 2011CRDI Diesel Brand New available immediately

Read more: http://www.sulit.com...nto+2010+diesel

Now Only ..P 1,580,000.00

Sorento EX 2011CRDI Diesel ...............................P 1,690,000.00

The newish KIA Sportage, Starting Price = ₱ 1,245,000.00

The Sorento cost rather a bit more now:-

KIA SORENTO

SORENTO 4x4 EX AT 2.4 Gas 7 seater........................ P 1,790,000.00

SORENTO 4x2 EX AT 2.4 Gas 7 seater.........................P 1,690,000.00

SORENTO 4x4 EX Gas 5 seater....................................P 1,690,000.00

SORENTO 4X4 LX Gas 5 seater.....................................P 1,590,000.00

SORENTO 4X2 EX Gas 5 seater....................................P 1,590,000.00

SORENTO 4x2 LX Gas 5 seater.....................................P 1,490,000.00

Clearly the KIA Sorento Price has gone up over the last 5 years!

The Kia Sorento 2.2L 5-seater CRDi delivers the power and energy to meet urban lifestyle demands while keeping fuel consumption at low levels. The Sorento's famous R2.2 liter CRDi E-VGT enhanced power translates into better acceleration capable of handling the Sorento's larger demands.

The Kia Sorento 2.2L CRDi retains the styling touches of its gas-powered kin. In true sedan-like fashion, the interior is comfortable and stylish, complete with high-tech amenities and versatile seating and storage capabilities.

Sportage Dsl 4x2 AT......................................................P 1,245,000.00

Sportage Dsl 4x4 AT.....................................................P 1,375,000.00

Sportage Dsl 4x2 AT (Limited Edition).......................P 1,443,000.00

Sportage Dsl 4x4 AT (Limted Edition)........................P 1,578,000.00

Kia Sportage 2004-2009

Price in the Philippines: Php 1,365,000

Ask yourself if any new Sportage, costing Php 1,365,000, NEW in say 2008, is likely to be selling for anything under Php700,000?

The newer Sportage has much smaller rear side windows in the 'boot' area

The New Kia Sorento

The Fully Loaded Kia Sorento 2.5L EX with CRDi Engine

DAVAO PRICE OF KIA SORENTO

Kia Sorento 2.5 L 4×4 CRDi Diesel EX AT : PhP 1,479,000

(20% Down payment; 80% Balance = PhP 29,580/mo for 5 years)

kia-sorento-2007.jpg

View the details of The New Kia Sorento

As I said my Hyundai Matrix 1.5 CRDi VGT cost me Php700,000 in 2005. I need to double Check but I think the Malayan Insurance Fully Comprehensive Insurance, had it valued @ Php360,000 when it became 5 Years old, so not quite 50% depreciation in 5 Years.

This is what the really NEW KIA Sportage looks like (if and when it gets to the Philippines):-

2011-Kia-Sportage-Front-Angle-View-570x364.jpg

top+safety+pick-2011+Kia-Sportage-model-14.jpg

As you can see, there is NO Rear side window in the 'boot/trunk area in the 2011 KIA Sportage!

2011-kia-sportage-dash-view-autocars17.jpg

The interior looks rather catching compared to the current 'newish' Sportage' KIA is selling in Cebu?

2011-kia-sportage-cargo-space-autocars17.jpg

2011_kia_sportage_1-autocars17-gallery.jpg

That is the new Gasoline Sportage Engine

2011_kia_sportage_road_test_review_australia_02-4c574b6b52cbd-1024x600.jpg

This is the new CRDI Sportage engine

NB: Philippine versions may not have all the FEATURES shown in these USA version in the new 2011 Sportage YouTube Videos

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

open up that wallet and let the dust come out, roger used cars here are at best able to go short distances ,,, locals find it part of the daily trip to sit by the side of the road as there is NO real to;wing company you are on your own dont waste your money on a car sure to break down with you 91 year old mother ...

Roger

Robert makes a real good point here

last thing you want is your mom to get stuck in the heat in a broken down car..

shop carefully

I don't know whats available and popular there but usually there are Japanese products available for just a little more or the same if a little more used. To give an idea, on my Sportage, purchased new in Portland Oregon, i had the following in the first 20K miles:

• Odd engine failure where the engine would periodically fail to run smoothly and would not idle, starting at 2000 miles, eventually fixed.
  • Problems in the 4x4 system that would cause the car to stop rolling.
  • Issues with the anti-lock system that would cause the car to not stop properly on gravel
  • After a recall, the hubs would not function correctly
  • At about 18,000 miles the wiring harness (3 actually) melted down while the vehicle was idling in my driveway, $3000 to fix.
  • Cruise control fails to work, disengages when left turn signal is used.
  • Etc.

On the other hand I had a Hyundai Sonata that was a gem, I put 130K on it and my brother still drives it. Maybe the post Hyundai Kias are better but I'd be very very careful.

Take the time and go to Luzon as car prices are overinflated in Cebu. Look for a 1st hand owned Toyota Vios, about 3 years old, they are still like new and fantastic. chances are that you will have nothing but trouble with the Khia.

yes

the vio is the one to get

tom bought one for 300k,its about 5 years old and gets great gas mileage too

If you want something cheap (say P250,000) and bullet proof (super reliable), best going for an older (1995 ish) Toyota Hilux. I'm pretty sure Uzi has one, so may want to talk to him.

Andrew

toyota_hilux_pick_up_2823154.jpg

David_LivinginTalisay

ayosdito_logo_general.png?1062

Could only find 1st Generation rebuilt Sportage for sale in Central Visayas on AyosDito

The 'Carnival' is not a 'Sportage' but it is a KIA, and Automatic Diesel - perhaps worth checking out if within your budget?

Pity it not in Cebu however, but is an example of good value for money buying used Kia/Hyundai still with Warranty!

If this is genuine 2010 model, should still be covered by KIA Warranty

001 KIA Carnival Van LS top of the line Local -10

Advertised by guy Yesterday 16:17. List-ID: 1653387.

5511669099.jpg

5545762375.jpg

5571332332.jpg

Price: 398K? PHP

Reg. date: 2010

Kilometers: 80 000 - 84 999

2001 KIA Carnival Van LS top of the line(Local)

TDiC with ECOtech (Superior Diesel efficient) 15–16.8kmh per/Liter

Matic/ Transmission (Super Highspeed) Smooth sifting.

Steering Audio control, Mp3/wav/CD. 8ways speaker.

SRS Airbag, ABS antilock braking system.

All Power, all original, all stock.

Local Purchased from KIA Motors Phil.(not converted)

R134 Wrap around Triple Strong aircon.

Fog Lights, 15inc Mags, Tires 85%, barndnew battery

Very Fresh in out, clean interior,10 siters

101% orig paint no dents, no scraches, no masilya.

Body color Polarized silver.

A1 engine condition casa maintain, no blowbay, no leak, no smoke.

Very comfort to drive, like new, nice & quite engine.

Good under chassis, no tagtag, ride like new.

101% NOT FLOODED, 1st own nothing to fix

398k nego upon viewing.

Here are some listed as 'Central Visayas', to give you an idea what is available, that should not be recon imported surplus.

Any Sportage listed under Php200K is likely to be recon import job :-

thumb_left_top.gif5359956914.jpg

Kia Carnival II - 02 full option with sun roof -02

330 000 PHP16 Nov

thumb_left_top.gif2914657400.jpg

Kia Carnival manual turbo diesel engine -07

280 000 PHP22 Sep

thumb_left_top.gif7307944923.jpg

Kia carnival -10

220 000 PHP

thumb_left_top.gif5571199317.jpg

Kia Picanto 1.1L Hatchback 26tkm Low Mileage -07

295 000 PHP

Davaoeno

Altho I live in Davao because of past businesses I feel fairly comfortable buying used cars. I bought a surplus Pajero online from a company in Manila- of course I didnt send any money but made the deal and flew there to check it out and pick it up. It was in fantastic shape, and I came to trust that seller very much after meeting him and his wife. everything they told me about the car turned out to be true! ] But they only sell in Manila and not in Cebu- but I can give you their info if wanted. I have no association with them other that that i bought a vehicle from them ! lol

smokey

roger try the banks asset sales.. most of the banks have repo and company units for sale ... better price , branded item... union bank ... east west bank etc etc

Name a Korean made car that doesn't suck. And you want a refurbished one? You're just asking for trouble.

If you can't afford a toyota or a honda, then just buy a multicab.

Times have changed if buying new.. WhatCar UK

Ranked No. 13,

20119911756.jpg

Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4

Price range: £21,620 - £25,705

AHEAD OF,

Mercedes-Benz M-Class 4x4

Nissan X-Trail 4x4

Jeep Wrangler 4x4

Jeep Patriot 4x4

and

Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4

I have a Discovery in UK.

However my choice for PI would be the 5th. from bottom of the list.

307774557.jpg

Land Rover Defender 4x4

Price range: £20,175 - £31,650

post-7269-0-37582400-1292233513_thumb.png

Edited by EAGLE
David_LivinginTalisay

I bought a new Hyundai 'Matrix' 1.5 CRDi VGT in May 2005, and obtained the Registration Documents, and Number Plates with Registration and Insurance, valid for 3 Years.

ie no vehicle inspection, emission tests, or insurance renewal until May 2008.

P6230001.JPGP6230002.JPG

Hyundai Cebu, Inc.

address......A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu

phone.........(032) 346 2724, 345 0324 to 26

fax..............(032) 346 0187

e-mail.........[email protected]

What I like about this Hyundai Matrix is the amount of room inside, for what looks a small car on the outside.

The Hyundai Matrix is an MPV sold by the Hyundai Motor Company and was designed by the Italian car designer company Pininfarina. 138px-Pininfarina.svg.png

Apparently this body is too heavy and too expensive to make, so Hyundai have discontinued it, replacing with the GETZ 1,5CRDi VGT

It has a 1.5 liter Diesel engine with VGT - Variable Geometry Turbochargers

Engine

Type....................................................................1.5CRDi Turbo Intercooler with Variable Geometry Turbine(VGT)

FuelType.............................................................Diesel

Displacement(cc) ............................................1493

Bore & Stroke(mm).........................................75x 84.5

CompressionRatio...........................................17.8:1

Max Power(ps/rpm).........................................110/4000

Max Torque (kg-m/rpm) ................................24.5/1900-2750

CylinderBlock....................................................Iron

CylinderHead.....................................................Aluminium

FuelSystem.......................................................CommonRail Direct Injection

ValveSystem.....................................................OHC16-Valve Hydraulic Lash Adjuster (HLA)

Fuel Tank Capacity(L)....................................55

Did you pay attention to that Power = 110ps @ 4,000 rpm and Torque = 24.5Kg-m /1,900-2750 rpm

Compare that to 2.5 liter Turbo Crosswind: 85ps @ 3,900rpm and Torque = 18.9Kg-m @ 2,000 rpm

This is due to Matrix 1.5 liter diesel being CRDi and having VGT

Click on the 'Spoiler' button, if you want to learn more about what is VGT and how it works

Variable geometry turbochargers (VGTs) are a family of turbochargers, usually designed to allow the effective aspect ratio (sometimes called A/R Ratio) of the turbo to be altered as conditions change. This is done because optimum aspect ratio at low engine speeds is very different from that at high engine speeds. If the aspect ratio is too large, the turbo will fail to create boost at low speeds; if the aspect ratio is too small, the turbo will choke the engine at high speeds, leading to high exhaust manifold pressures, high pumping losses, and ultimately lower power output. By altering the geometry of the turbine housing as the engine accelerates, the turbo's aspect ratio can be maintained at its optimum. Because of this, VGTs have a minimal amount of lag, have a low boost threshold, and are very efficient at higher engine speeds. VGTs do not require a wastegate.

vtg_1.jpg

Variable Turbine Geometry technology is the next generation in turbocharger technology where the turbo uses variable vanes to control exhaust flow against the turbine blades. See, the problem with the turbocharger that we've all come to know and love is that big turbos do not work well at slow engine speeds, while small turbos are fast to spool but run out of steam pretty quick. So how do VTG turbos solve this problem?

A Variable Turbine Geometry turbocharger is also known as a variable geometry turbocharger (VGT), or a Variable Nozzle Turbine (VNT). A turbocharger equipped with Variable Turbine Geometry has little movable vanes which can direct exhaust flow onto the turbine blades. The vane angles are adjusted via an actuator. The angle of the vanes vary throughout the engine RPM range to optimize turbine behaviour.

vtg_3d_closed.jpg

In the 3D illustration above, you can see the vanes in a angle which is almost closed. I have highlighted the variable vanes so you know which is which. This position is optimized for low engine RPM speeds, pre-boost.

vtg_diagram_closed.jpg

In this cut-through diagram, you can see the direction of exhaust flow when the variable vanes are in an almost closed angle. The narrow passage of which the exhaust gas has to flow through accelerates the exhaust gas towards the turbine blades, making them spin faster. The angle of the vanes also directs the gas to hit the blades at the proper angle.

vtg_3d_open.jpg

Above are how the VGT vanes look like when they are open. I've not highlighted where the vanes are in this image since you already know where they are, as to not spoil the mechanical beauty that it is icon_razz.gif

vtg_diagram_open.jpg

This cut-through diagram shows the exhaust gas flow when the variable turbine vanes are fully open. The high exhaust flow at high engine speeds are fully directed onto the turbine blades by the variable vanes.

The reason for my posting about Hyundai Matrix 1.5 CRDi VGT is to show you what a great vehicle it is (apart from low ground clearance), that the OP might like to consider buying, rather than 1st Generation Sportage, since I came across a good example in terms of Price, on AyosDito. here in Visayas, recently added:-

Modified Hyundai Matrix -06

Advertised by 06' Hyundai Matrix CRDi 16 Dec 10:34. List-ID: 1437842.

0188835203.jpgthumb_single_right_top.gif

Price: PHP390 000 470 000

Reg. date: 2006

Kilometers: 75 000 - 79 999

HYUNDAI MATRIX CRDi 2006 MODEL

mods: ( mesh grill, smoke headlights, HID, LED park lights and stebel airhorn

mods:(17"concept one wheels, bridgestone tires 215/45/R17, lowered drop 2" front and back)

-interior modifications-

Negotiable Price..

Serious buyers only!!! Thank you…

"sun(09234880760)

06' Hyundai Matrix CRDi: 0MTQzNzg0MgAAAAAAAAAAAMSehzkHFEmwgh7voH0=.gif

If seriously interested, consider getting them to undo that 2" lowering Mod!

I found my 'standard' height Matrix was 'too low' as it grounds on some deep potholes and ramps sometimes. I would like to raise it not lower it. Obviously this owner is a 'poser' and concerned about style and image more than practicality.

It is year newer than my Matrix but has 10,000Km more distance covered than we have.

The 'Insured Value' of my Matrix, back in in May, was Php420K if I recall?

I bought a surplus sportage from Orel in banaild, its owned by a Korean and they direct import surplus ...... gave me 30 days wty to go over the car and iron out any problems.... no dodgy car yard dealers to bullshit to you.... the manager guy there has good english skills as well..... however i am handy at using spanners and was able to pick out a fairly good one. has been reliable for the time i have had it since march 2010... i have nothing to do with them and only found out about them through word of mouth.......

they are located in a big warehouse, down the end of Elis V Espina off herman cortes ave

good thing about the sportage for me is its a cheap run about and for the money you wont get a true 4wd with diesel motor and no need for the dodgy LHD conversion for the price! (trust me i had been looking around for ages and anything that came close in either toyota, mitsi, or nissan was another 100k) and for me, much nicer to drive than a multicab, i still have the multicab as a backup unit just incase and besides no one wants to pay you anything for it any way!

a mate of mine back in nth qld australia, owned a petrol one of these since new and did lots of off road with it had it for 7 years and had nothing to bad to say about it.

the guys name was elvis

good luck in your car hunting!

Dave.