Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Blood Needed Type A - (RH Negative)

Voyager

I wish that I could help but if I have to have my surgery next week I will be short myself. If this donation drive gets delayed and I don't have to go under the knife this week I will be their to show up and help.

Paul

Daisy got one donor in CDO. So, that should be all he needs.

Thanks to those who have donated, and those who have helped in any way.

reich31e

I'm just thinking to establish a Network between People with this rare Bloodtype A-...

the Doctor told me that among Filipinos only less then 1% have A-....

so, all Foreigners here in the Philipines with A- have to help each other out...

We need some kind of a private Bloodbank, like easy access to People with A- through Cellphone and

EMail in order to get the Blood soon as possible in case there is really an Emergency and the Blood is needed

immediately...

this Forum is also a big help but it takes to long to get some Donors together...

so, whoever has A- and is willing to donate in case if needed please PM me or Email/Text me if you are willing to join this private Network for

A- Blood Donation...just give me your Cellphone Nr. and EMail Adress...

I will start with my Information: Cell: 0917 600 6 100 - EMail: [email protected]

Finally I want to ask the Forum Owner if it's possible to highlight it on the Website (kind of ALERT)if ever somebody needed Blood Donation...

Steve

Just heard from Paul. They still need 1 more unit.

TheMatrix

6% of the population has A- type blood and can receive donors from A- or O-

7% of the population has O-

Shouldn't be that hard to locate a donor as 1 in 8 can denote

Paul

It's more difficult than one may imagine.

Daisy

Yes so rare among Filipinos...and the donor here in CDO is a Filipina! She already went to REDCROSS but the people there will not extract blood from her unless there is a request from Blood Bank Cebu...they will not honor the printed information I gave them....huh!!! I will go back tomm and I will let them call RED CROSS Cebu themselves so that Cebu could fax them the request...thanks

Daisy

Blood is available in CDO blood bank as of 5:30 this afternoon.....hope it will be in Cebu tomorrow morning...!

Paul

Daisy,

Ron Holst (Ron H), whom I found out yesterday is A- (RH Negative), said he will go to South Gen to donate.

He lives here in Carcar. He and his wife own U Rock BBQ, a new restaurant here in town.

I gave him Jon's cell number, and Jon's girlfriend Ron's cell number, so they can coordinate.

It looks like we may have the third unit needed.

As an update: Jon's girlfriend was on the way to the blood bank in Cebu, when I rang her this morning. So, perhaps finding out Ron is a possible match is the best thing to happen here.

SkyMan

6% of the population has A- type blood and can receive donors from A- or O-

7% of the population has O-

World wide yes, but there are ethnic differences and differences by region. For example I saw one chart (I think wikipedia) that 100% of native Brazilians (Bororo) as well as the indians of Peru are type O. ?!?

Edited by SkyMan

Paul

Ron is going back to South Gen today, hopefully to finish the donation process.

So, with the unit that Daisy was able to help secure in Cagayan de Oro, and with Ron (hopefully) being compatible, they should have all they need, plus an additional unit.

It makes me feel good when the SOS_Philippines Yahoo Group and the Living In Cebu Forums can help in situations like this.