Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

You make the call!

SkyMan

My recent accident left mw on the road, back of my scalp split open pretty good and you always know how scalp injuries bleed. A couples hours later my head was stitched up but there was still the joy of reparing my broken lower left leg. Next day I was in surgery a couple hours to take care of that. A day or 2 later revealed I was about 2 units low of A+. The wanted to give me the 2 unit transfussion. What would you have done?

PS this was at CDUH which is a fairly decent hospital.

Edited by SkyMan

DeezNuz

First...I would of dragged my ass over to the guy that ran over me...punch him in the face...open his gas tank...then lit his vehicle on fire.

Then when I got better...have his house bulldozed to the ground.

Edited by BigRob

SkyMan

Well different strokes I guess...

I spent the ambulance ride praying for him and his wife..

Cary

Rob;

Right on!!

Skyman, I am glad that you are ok. If I was in your shoes and I could call, I would call my in-laws and have them donate their blood for me. I think it was two days ago on TV World that they had a story of an OFW who knew that he was HIV positive intentionally giving his blood to the local blood bank.

smokey

First...I would of dragged my ass over to the guy that ran over me...punch him in the face...open his gas tank...then lit his vehicle on fire.

wow well i guess if he gets shot he can pray for the poor guy who shot him ...... eye for an eye ... i always say

thebob

But when you bang past trikes, that's OK?

DeezNuz

Huh?

"bang past trikes"?

Maybe I've been in the Philippines too long...I read it a few times and the questions still doesn't make sense.

UZI

Huh?

"bang past trikes"?

Maybe I've been in the Philippines too long...I read it a few times and the questions still doesn't make sense.

I guess I have been here too long then. None of the answers seem to have anything to do with the OP :scratch_head:

A day or 2 later revealed I was about 2 units low of A+. The wanted to give me the 2 unit transfussion. What would you have done?

If I understood, then I would say 2 days later if not dizzy & weak, then your body will produce the blood to make it up as it would after a blood donation.

ckfm

... put your teeth in his neck and sucked the required amount of blood out of him?

I always wondered how vampires determine the blood type in such a short period of time. Maybe they can smell it?

DeezNuz

Blood to vampires is like fine wine...you can tell the difference between the wine from Argentina and the stuff from California.

til

If I understood, then I would say 2 days later if not dizzy & weak, then your body will produce the blood to make it up as it would after a blood donation.

I think the same. Actually even if I was a bit weak and dizzy, I'd just stay in bed and eaz good for a few days.

It really doesn't make sense to have some blood transfused days after an operation.

Unless maybe you were losing blood internally, but that shouldn't happen either in noticable quantities.

broden

did anyone check you for internal injuries other than broken bones?

i've lost a lot of blood a few times from injury but never had to get more put in

DeezNuz

Yeah man..those internal injuries are scary as hell.

When I crashed my Harley in 2005, went flying through the air like superman...hit the ground rolling and arms flying everywhere. This was rush hour morning traffic on the 405 North bound in Los Angeles. While rolling I was sure I was going to get run over my a car as well. Damn, armor jacket did nothing but protect me from getting more scrapes and road rash than normal.

Had broken ribs, but the worse was the damn ruptered spleen. If I hadn't of almost passed out while taking a piss (after signing the release) I could of died just a few minutes after leaving the hospital. I was in the hospital for two month because they couldn't get my spleen to heal. Would get better, then gets worse, better, then bad again. Blood pressure would not stabilize. Finally it got better and took the final month to heal enough where I could sit upright and stand again.

I've still got the MRI somewhere...( think thats it)...they gave me a copy of the CD/DVD with the images they took after they re-admitted me. Holy crap! Blood was spread all of the place inside me.

Cary

Skyman;

Broden and Rob make good points about the internal injuries. Did the doctor check you for those? Even if you don't feel anything I think its good that you have it checked out.

rfm010

Well different strokes I guess...

I spent the ambulance ride praying for him and his wife..

killjoy. :shocked:

two units seems a lot to be down after an operation. i would have thought they would "top you off" during the procedure. assuming they have checked the obvious (internal bleeding) i would consider getting the transfusion. it would probably help the healing process.

hope you are recovering well.

Edited by rfm010