Did I just get Ripped Off?

Bend over and grease up so it won't hurt so much, you are in the Philippines.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• broden

• DeezNuz

• EAGLE

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I don't know what the hell you just bought, but I have never, ever paid more than Php 25 per page, for any notarization of pages here.

What in the world did you buy?

Steve,

I've never paid more than $1.00 USD = 45 peso's or so, for a notary, for any situation!!!!!!!! STOP THAT CHECK!

lazydays

The fact that you signed a contract 1yr ago,that clearly stated a notary fee of 1%,means you are legally obliged to abide by the terms of the contract.

I believe stopping cheques in the PH is illegal,but you can check that with your lawyer.

By the way, this is the sort of question you may wish to ask in the future here, BEFORE you make that sort of payment.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i think this is already and the live and learn stage

NOSOCALPINOY

I too don't understand all these different notary fees on real properties, vehicles involving a deed of sale and just plain documents etc! But I never paid that large of an amount unless it was included in the escrow and at time of signing papers on real property to close the deal weather it was paid in full or financed through a bank. I think it's best to get the actual legal scope from an honest Filipino attorney! Are there any honest Filipino attorneys out there to give us all the facts concerning notary fees? I'd surely like to know!

I too don't understand all these different notary fees on real properties, vehicles involving a deed of sale and just plain documents etc! But I never paid that large of an amount unless it was included in the escrow and at time of signing papers on real property to close the deal weather it was paid in full or financed through a bank. I think it's best to get the actual legal scope from an honest Filipino attorney! Are there any honest Filipino attorneys out there to give us all the facts concerning notary fees? I'd surely like to know!

" honest attorney " ??? :shit_stirrer::snap:

The Joker is back !!

I'm curious as to what you get for your P45K? If one of the parties signing is using fake documents (ID for example), does the Notary or lawyer assume any responsibility when the deal goes sour after the papers are signed and money paid? Are they liable? If not, then what is the money for, other than a stamp?

I'm curious as to what you get for your P45K? If one of the parties signing is using fake documents (ID for example), does the Notary or lawyer assume any responsibility when the deal goes sour after the papers are signed and money paid? Are they liable? If not, then what is the money for, other than a stamp?

My lawyer does ask to see documents identifying who you are.

It is the lawyer's resposibility to submit to the Registry of Deeds a copy of the contract as well as his books. Should you loss your copy of the contract, he should be able (if you can tell the approx. date it was notarized)to tell you the book and page numbers for you to be able to retrieve a copy.

Should things go sour, you run after the breaching party, not the lawyer. The notarized document will stand by itself as proof of "mutual assent" as far as the points in the contract are concerned. Meaning, if the contract is not notarized, you may have to summoned the witnesses to the contract to testify that there truly was a meeting of mind. (All the witnesses could say, you had a gun and treathen to harrass them shud they say anything about it, hence the other party breached. LOL)

Lawyers pay annually for their license plus, I believe for each book. As a business,he should also must have business registration, mayor's permit, etc. Of course, the biggest chunk goes to his pocket as professional fee. Ask for an official receipt so he will pay income tax.

JamesMusslewhite

P45,000 Notary sounds about right. (P4,500 X Whitey Tax of 1,000%)

I like to refer to it as the "Long-Nose Tax" :notallthere:

LastManStanding

The most I paid for a notary stamp was 1500 pesos and that was for the deed of sale on a 6.5M house. The lawyer the owners of the house brought me too wanted 65,000. I laughed and them and took them to the laywer offices at city hall in Colon. That is where I get all my stuff done for my cars and houses.

Notary services by many different notaries across the street from Cebu City Hall are about 150php per signature..