Did I just get Ripped Off?

TheMatrix

Did I just get ripped off? I just paid a huge amount of money for a simple notary... 45,000 pesos which is 1% of the sales price. For a rubber stamp? Did I get ripped off? My lawyer says it is normal and its the standard rate and that they are required by law to charge that much? WTF? I wrote a check, but may put a stop payment on it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• broden

• DeezNuz

• EAGLE

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin (Retired)
broden

required by law :biggrin_01:

sounds like a good bit to me

The couple of times I've needed a notary to sign something (business papers like mayors permit application and so on) it's been free.

I always thought that he was just confirming that it was indeed you who signed your name to documents.

But that was an attorney on Camiguin.

batman2525

Steve;

It sounds like you did. But what can you do?

Notaries usually free(USA)...hoping you will come back and do more paid business with them.....you have to pay in UK where they try to make a big deal out of it and charge you 80 pounds.I think you paid way too much.

P45,000 Notary sounds about right. (P4,500 X Whitey Tax of 1,000%)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

when we were in the process of getting married over there we needed some things notarized

we just went to some lawyer guy who had a table set up like a koolaid stand, i don't even remember where. but he had two assistants and he was at the very least legally blind. small fee i forget how small but very small hand the papers to one assistant to look over they pass to him he stamps we're on our way

smokey

Its not free but its a I will pay you this much ??? you want what ??? ok this much... dam steve first the 13 th month and now this you better hire one of big robs executive assistants .... (( butt kissers.

TheMatrix

I just called a real estate attorney in Manila and he confirmed that the standard notary fee on real estate transaction is 1%, but is negotiable!

He then told me he would have done it for 6,000p versus the 45k I paid. :biggrin_01:

• Admin (Retired)
broden

anytime someone tells you they are doing something cause it's required by law in the RP you should at least question it

TheMatrix

Its not free but its a I will pay you this much ??? you want what ??? ok this much... dam steve first the 13 th month and now this you better hire one of big robs executive assistants .... (( butt kissers.

I know man! Every time I turn around, I'm getting slapped by more expenses! :biggrin_01:

Our Executive Assistants are only $750 a month. The butt kissing portion can be added ala carte...Only USD$50 for each peck on the ass. (Also a 25% Whitey Tax on top of that).

Ozepete

Is there a lawyer in the house?

Being stung P45k for a simple notary seems to be very excessive. This is scary stuff if the Pro's in Cebu are going to charge like that just for a stamp and witness signature.

Perhaps there is a lawyer or someone with legal services contacts here at LinC, who could post a typical list of fees.

It would be handy as a guide since the suggested fee in this case has seen to be between 45k and 6k, suggesting a blatant rip-off.

If I were you Steve, I would cancel that check.

Our Executive Assistants are only $750 a month. The butt kissing portion can be added ala carte...Only USD$50 for each peck on the ass. (Also a 25% Whitey Tax on top of that).

:not_see: BigRob is the Whitey Tax on your Executive Assistants negotiable? :biggrin_01: