Sign in to follow this  
KennyF

Thailand plan to hold men responsible for pregnancies

KennyF

Social Development and Human Security Minister Issara Somchai yesterday vowed to hold men responsible for pregnancies.

His comments follow public shock at the discovery of more than 2,000 human foetuses at a Bangkok temple, which had been dumped after illegal abortions.

Issara said his ministry had drawn up a strategy to prevent unwanted pregnancies among youth well before the foetuses were discovered. It would seek to make men responsible for impregnating women.

"We can't just blame women and girls. Men and boys must share the blame and responsibility," the minister said. He spoke after meeting a network advocating women's right to choose abortion.

Issara said the strategy would be put to the Cabinet shortly. Once it got the green light, he would put it on the national agenda.

"All relevant agencies including the National Police Office must work together so as to deliver tangible results," he said.

The Office of the Attorney-General will be consulted, he said, on how to hold men legally responsible for pregnancies and what punishment they should face.

"I am determined to make men share the responsibility. (and) If a criminal offense is involved, criminal proceedings will begin," Issara said.

"From the civil aspect, men must help pay for the upbringing of the babies. Society must not protect men. Don't put all the blame on women."

If young men violated women, Issara said their parents must be held accountable too.

He planned to ask the prime minister to convene a meeting of provincial governors to explain the strategy, as soon as it gets Cabinet approval.

"I also plan to hold public forums to gather opinions from men," he said.

The pro-choice network, which is made up of various organisations, called yesterday for better sex education at school, plus the establishment of a Centre for Sexual Health and Reproduction, as well as effective campaigns to make the public better understand safe sex and responsibility.

The network also asked for urgent measures to reduce the number of babies being abandoned and illegal abortions, and centres offering help to rape victims who become pregnant.

Dr Suriyadeo Tripathi, director of the National Institute for Child and Family Development, said about 300,000 women and girls sought illegal abortions every year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-12-01

EAGLE

"Closing the stable door"

O0ohh TOOOO Late....

Plan a trip to Thailand = don't forget to pack condom's AND your DNA test result = Just in case ?

Beggers belief the stupidity of such Politicians

udonthani
Plan a trip to Thailand = don't forget to pack condoms

it's not actually all that necessary. Even if you forget yours, there's about twenty times more chance than there is in the Philippines that a Thai woman will not only have her own on her in her handbag, but will insist on you wearing it as well. That might be one of the reasons why the birthrate in Thailand is now considerably less than it is in the United States, and not much more than half what it is in the Philippines.

EAGLE
Plan a trip to Thailand = don't forget to pack condoms

it's not actually all that necessary. Even if you forget yours, there's about twenty times more chance than there is in the Philippines that a Thai woman will not only have her own on her in her handbag, but will insist on you wearing it as well. That might be one of the reasons why the birthrate in Thailand is now considerably less than it is in the United States, and not much more than half what it is in the Philippines.

Thankfully and gratefully I "bow" to your knowledge on this subject over-the-knee.gif over-the-knee.gifover-the-knee.gif SPANK SPANK tho I expect you may like that ?? :biggrin_01:

dick-head.gif All MEN's ??? thinking equipment... :not_see:

Love & Peace

blow-a-heart.gif

Edited by EAGLE

Julian C Thong

And about time too. This is not about expats of course but local boys fecking local girls and running off.

Now if I had a dinner for every girl I met in the RP who had that happened to them I be much larger than I am. The church espouses no condoms thus encouraging unprotected sex so every girl is up for pregnacy with their first bonk. And we all know how horny the women are here. Make the little sods pay for it for life and see how eager they are to deflower the next door virgin.

I was lucky, my SO had been brought up properly and new what the results of the first shag would be - life in a bar giving blow jobs to old men. I have only met 2 girls in a bar that did not have a kid and I've met hundreds (not shag, just met as I like their company).

So if it happens here, yippee for progress and human rights for women and reponsibility for irresponsible boys/men.

The Kanos can run away of course.

Cary

I agree that its not just the girls but the guys too. As the theme from Baretta said, 'if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.' And if they do have a baby then support the child.

udonthani

I have only met 2 girls in a bar that did not have a kid and I've met hundreds (not shag, just met as I like their company)

I've met hundreds too. Most have for sure, but not as many as like 98%. It's more like 80%.

Julian C Thong

I have only met 2 girls in a bar that did not have a kid and I've met hundreds (not shag, just met as I like their company)

I've met hundreds too. Most have for sure, but not as many as like 98%. It's more like 80%.

Well, perhaps the percentage was brought down from the last girl who had 6 babies at 25, lol

I agree that its not just the girls but the guys too. As the theme from Baretta said, 'if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.' And if they do have a baby then support the child.

Well if it where just the girls the immaculate conception would be rather common, lol

Edited by TommyStubbing

JamesMusslewhite

Boy + Girl - Condom = Punch.gif

udonthani
Well, perhaps the percentage was brought down from the last girl who had 6 babies at 25, lol

not a bargirl that one mate. Women that work as waitresses in canaderias and agree to go to a disco with one of the customers in the restaurant after work aren't prostitutes in the Philippines any more than they would

be if they were anywhere else.

KennyF

Not to brag but in my time I have played hide the sausage with many a dusky wench both in RP and Thailand and never ever has one asked me to wear anything but a smile.

And I could count on the fingers of a lepers hand the times I've been asked to "be careful".

In the heat of the moment I don't think it even occurs to them.

Freddy (see, not me posting this, it was another guy)

udonthani

Thai women are much, much more likely to carry a condom on them than Filipinas. Much more likely. Not just bargirls, but ordinary metropolitan girls on a night out when they think they might get a shag. The I-don't-know-how-many-but-quite-a-lot-of millions of dollars the Thais have spent on public health campaigns in the past 20 years have had an effect. The Philippines has done next to nothing by comparison.

angelescitypi

Thai women are much, much more likely to carry a condom on them than Filipinas. Much more likely. Not just bargirls, but ordinary metropolitan girls on a night out when they think they might get a shag. The I-don't-know-how-many-but-quite-a-lot-of millions of dollars the Thais have spent on public health campaigns in the past 20 years have had an effect. The Philippines has done next to nothing by comparison.

Actually the Philippines have done the opposite. The Govt is noticeably silent but the Catholic Church (BIG DEAL HERE) has said that they are WRONG to even consider a condom. Just DON'T DO IT! Like that has EVER worked with sex lol.

Ken Oath

IMHO - The Catholic church should be responsible for the welfare all of the single mothers that find it hard to get by day to day here in the Philippines, i agree with you Udon most Thai women that I have been with have condoms or expect one to be used......

sperry

IMHO - The Catholic church should be responsible for the welfare all of the single mothers that find it hard to get by day to day here in the Philippines, i agree with you Udon most Thai women that I have been with have condoms or expect one to be used......

Why should the Catholic Church be responsible? Your thought processes are completely insane.

Catholic teaching is sex within marriage for procreation. If single girls followed catholic teaching they wouldn't be single mothers, period.

You just want to blame somebody else because it might cut down on your fun.