Wikileaks

Ricky

sandwindstars

Wikileaks doesn't seem to have as much traction as Watergate. Either most people knew or suspected already what was going on. As for the diplomatic cables, it is sheer hypocrisy for anyone to be shocked by what they say about each other or how they view other countries. Including Hilary Clinton asking her diplomats to spy on UN top officials? You mean they haven't been doing that? What I think Wikileaks shows is the internal weakness in the structure in the US gov't. I wouldn't be surprised at any further revelations. Maybe this is a wake up call for the US to tighten up their operations. This is not about the poor sod, the lowly Pfc who had security clearance for this type of work or Jules Assange.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InternetTough

• broden

• til

• RogerDuMond

TheMatrix

I just heard on Bloomberg that the founder of WikiLeaks will be going after Wallstreet next! Oh yeah!! This is going to be good. He claims to have damaging information on BigPharma! Whoohoo!!

InternetTough

One problem I have with Wikileaks is one pointed out by the US State Department: They said that they could not vouch for the authenticity of any document released by Wikileaks, and they weren't going to be commenting on any of them.

Here is a philosophical question: What is the difference between "Wikileaks released this..." and "Julian Assange says..."? Wikileaks has already gone on record as saying that they have edited the stuff, trying to take out details that would doom innocents to reprisals. What makes it impossible for the former hacker Assange to add stuff, to perpetrate electronic forgery? Maybe this one guy is on a huge power trip! He is setting a lot of fires, setting people against each other.

Private First Class Bradley Manning was the young man in the US Army who somehow got his hands on all the information. He was turned in by another hacker he had bragged to. That hacker was convinced that Manning had had help, that he didn't have the know-how or the access to get all that information. Manning is, according to what I read, facing up to 52 years in prison. He's earned every one of them. He can be released into a different world of the future when he is in his late seventies. Maybe he'll reveal who helped him, if he is feeling ignored sometime over the years.

Maybe Manning is only one of an American "Fabulous Five."

Edited by InternetTough

Assuange is a prime candidate for "extreme rendition".

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff was intentionally released by the US. Who cares if Iran knows that the rest of the Arab Nation wants us to take them down? That China is pissed with N Korea or that they hacked Google?

The Wikileaks site has been under cyber attack all day. Wonder who sent that bomb?

Edited by hoz
Mr. Mike

Like it or not, Julian has gotten himself in a world of hurt. I am sure some not-so-nice folks are arranging for his permanent life changing event as we speak. :animal0028:

WikiLeaks is pond scum. However, the sources for this stuff should be nailed to the wall...not just the PFC who downloaded the stuff, but the people who gave him access, and idiots who designed this "secure system" to begin with. Dry up the sources and Wikileaks would be out of business

it's a systemic failure when someone this low level can access the data on a machine WITH a media interface WHILE carrying said media. Machines that are able to access this sort of thing shouldn't have media ports and should be secured such that bringing physical media in proximity to them is extremely difficult.

Additionally they should have data access policies that protect the data from exiting the application that is generating the views. This is just a START, and a simple one, that would plug most of these leaks.

Julian C Thong

It may have already been stated that 2.1 million admin and army personnel had acces to this stuff. I mean, how stupid is that.

The next wikileak will be about Bank of America. My prediction, get your hard hats out as BofA has responsibility for 2 trillion $ of mortgage backed securities thanks to Countrywide. In a recent court case a witness FOR BofA said that it was usual for them to hold on to the loan note when securitising thus breaking the contract chain of mortgagee to mortgagor. That means the owner of the mortgage cannot repossess the house and the mortgage is void, ie free to the owner in possession. Guess what the holders of these securities are doing, asking for their money back. 2 TRILLION!!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i killed my BofA accounts years ago. not saying other banks are much better but i just don't like a lot of the things BofA does

anyway wikileaks can only piss off so many rich folks and spooks before it comes home to roost

RogerDuMond

Interpol has issued an arrest warrant for him for the Swedish rape charges.

Since he is so busy leaking other people information, did he also post that he is charged with rape? I would guess no.

Since he is so busy leaking other people information, did he also post that he is charged with rape? I would guess no.

Without supporting or condemning Assange, did he need to post it ?????

I think the whole world would have known about it before he did... wonder why ?

Does anybody actually believe he committed this rape ????

As the saying goes, throw enough shit and some of it will stick....

tom_shor

A US Soldier with access to the diplomatic computers snuck them out. IMO this is treason and he should get the highest punishment. But I'm sure he won't.

Nope.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

It is however espionage.

sandwindstars

Interpol has issued an arrest warrant for him for the Swedish rape charges.

From what I've read in other forums, Jules Assange's equipment doesn't work with women. Although he had a son through a marriage once (?).