Sign in to follow this  
Alan S

Pope to OK condoms

Alan S

After decades of fierce opposition to the use of all contraception, the Pontiff has ended the Church

motorpsycho

Some what of a little too late. Well, Maybe the babyboomers will start a new trend by reducing stds and single mother satistics.

CardiacKid

Does that mean it's okay for the priests to use them too? :thumbsup:

Cary

Time will tell how this works out.

alexccms

How is it too late? Are there no more Catholics?

If Mohammed said came back from the dead and told the Muslims to stop all suicide bombings would that be too late?

It's a step in the right direction. And quite clearly he said you can use them to prevent AIDS. How would this exclude priests?

rfm010

"...a little too late..."

i assume as in too late for those who have already suffered from the (apparently) faulty earlier stance.

If Mohammed said came back from the dead and told the Muslims to stop all suicide bombings would that be too late?

yes, for those who have already been victims.

It's a step in the right direction.

definitely better late than never.

And quite clearly he said you can use them to prevent AIDS. How would this exclude priests?

well, once priests start using them maybe they won't have aids and then they won't be allowed to use them because they don't have aids and so they wil be excluded... oh, never mind.

Edited by rfm010

EAGLE

i assume as in too late for those who have already suffered from the (apparently) faulty earlier stance.

And quite clearly he said you can use them to prevent AIDS. How would this exclude priests?

well, once priests start using them maybe they won't have aids and then they won't be allowed to use them because they don't have aids and so they wil be excluded... oh, never mind.

"oh, never mind" Go lie down in a darkened room - ALONE - :shit_stirrer::oldtimer:;)

Tom

rfm010

"oh, never mind" Go lie down in a darkened room - ALONE - :oldtimer:;):biggrin_01:

Tom

then what am i supposed to do with this condom??? :shit_stirrer:

Mr. Mike

"oh, never mind" Go lie down in a darkened room - ALONE - :rofl: :rofl: :morn:

Tom

then what am i supposed to do with this condom??? :biggrin_01:

Blow it up, put a happy face on it :biggrin_01: and impress your friends.

BTW, the only condoms that are allowed are the ones with the "Vatican Seal" on the package.

MarkH

About time - but a little too late i think...

tom_shor

"oh, never mind" Go lie down in a darkened room - ALONE - :thumbs_up::twocents::shocked:

Tom

then what am i supposed to do with this condom??? :scratch_head:

Blow it up, put a happy face on it :not_see: and impress your friends.

BTW, the only condoms that are allowed are the ones with the "Vatican Seal" on the package.

So they are holey condoms.

Mr. Mike

"oh, never mind" Go lie down in a darkened room - ALONE - :thumbs_up::twocents::shocked:

Tom

then what am i supposed to do with this condom??? :scratch_head:

Blow it up, put a happy face on it :not_see: and impress your friends.

Yes, by design. the Pope is no fool. :)

Edwin

"oh, never mind" Go lie down in a darkened room - ALONE - :P:biggrin_01: :biggrin_01:

Tom

then what am i supposed to do with this condom??? :stick_poke:

Blow it up, put a happy face on it :biggrin_01: and impress your friends.

Yes. They keep the priests pure and clean from holy shit.

alexccms

Will they come in sizes? Ribbed? Lubed and unlubed?

How bout colors... ooo glow in the dark?

Edited by alexccms

InternetTough

I am a Catholic. The Pope did NOT give the okay to using condoms. What he said was that in the case of a male prostitute, it could be a sign of an awakening moral conscience to use a condom in order to prevent the spread of AIDS. The Pope was also not endorsing: 1. Male prostitution 2. Sex outside of marriage.

The Pope's position is that you shouldn't be doing those things, but IF you are already, it is a sign that you aren't completely dead morally if you use a condom, IF your intention is to prevent the transmission of AIDS (and, maybe, other STDS).

People very typically run right over conditionals in public and private life. You will very often be misunderstood if you use one...a conditional!