Complaints rise over body scanners

RogerDuMond

If you want political theater, strictly to make people think they are safe, then we are on the right track already. ...and the terrorists can help.

WANTED: Young female for NON-FATAL mission to further humiliate The Great Satan.

Mission: Board an aircraft to the United States with all body cavities full of poorly mixed

explosives and be caught trying to light them after the aircraft is in US airspace.

Expect to spend some time in US jails and eventually be deported home again.

Think that doesn't make sense. Then talk about the "Shoe Bomber" (we now have to remove our shoes), and the underwear bomber (which there is significant doubt backscatter x-rays would have found) which has been used as the justification for machines the Isreali's won't use, as well as aggressive patdowns which are continuing to become more egregious by the day.

What we are doing is making things worse. We are ignoring the people that common sense says we should pay close attention to, harassing children and old people to the point of clearly criminal conduct, and then lying to people that such things are making us safer. If anyone really believes that, then it is a false sense of security.

Cary, you asked what we CAN do, and I would argue that sometimes doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing. Given your absolute commitment to prevention of airline terrorism at any cost - based on your past posts - I actually don't have an answer to the question you asked. Even requiring passengers to submit to body cavity searches and/or fly naked would probably not apply to muslims, so rather than making us safer, it would just be destroying our liberties and freedoms even faster.

Whether or not our President wants to admit it, this is a religious war that has its foundations in The Crusades, not in how we have treated muslims recently. I think it is fair to say that it is not going to go away, no matter what we do. Destroying ourselves is not an answer.

I suppose, the way we are going now, another option would be convert to Islam NOW, before you have a rifle in your face. Then, MAYBE, you could convince the muslim soldier that you were a true convert and not just someone trying to avoid being killed.

I don't mean this to be a flippant answer. As long as we are more afraid of 3 years and grandmothers than we are the loss of our freedom, we are already beaten and nothing can change that. I know a lot of people won't like this answer, but it is the only one I have.

I like your answer. It doesn't make any sense, but I like it.

Many airports are switching to private security firms to handle their security checks. They still have to comply with TSA guidelines, but are more accountable to the individual airports.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tom_shor

• Cary

• RetiredNavyGuy

• broden

A good bowl of chili beans and a couple of beers and TSA would probably expedite your inspection. :thumbs_up: