Complaints rise over body scanners

I for one don't get it. Really. Everyone knows thaat these scanners will xray you. I understand how some people like this guy says, ' my personal privacy, etc.' But to me whats more important, 20 - 30 seconds being scanned or and this is not fiction anymore, a nut job with a bomb sits next to you and blows the plane?

The problem is the scanners are pretty easy to circumvent. A simple and popular way is to stow something in a body cavity and these machines won't detect that at all. Even easier would be to compromise an employee and have the proscribed item passed to you after security checks are finished.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tom_shor

• Cary

• RetiredNavyGuy

• broden

so will you really feel safe with full body scanners in place. apart from there being no such thing as a safe xray or similar; the real terrorists (those inside government) will still allow some brainwashed idiot to get on board without a passport and cause some officially rehearsed bomb scare. there will always be regular incidents and patsy groups arrested to keep the fear metre in the red. and the sheeple buy it.

RetiredNavyGuy

At last count, how many terrorists has the US exported? How many attempted terror attacks have there been on US DOMESTIC flights?

I wouldn't like it at overseas airports on flights destined for the US, but at least I could somewhat understand it. But remember, the incident that started this thread occurred in San Diego and with the exception of a few flights to Mexico, that airport is a feeder airport for LAX and SFO. So tell me again how this is making me safer on an outbound flight?

You guys are right that say the scanners possibly have future health risks we don't know about.

You guys are right that the scanners can be tricked.

You guys are right that except for Israel, airport security staff, the TSA in the States in particular are not properly trained.

You guys are right that there are some creeps who will get their jollies from looking at the screens.

All true.

But I say again, what do you want? Do you want your full civil liberties or do you want to ride on as best that they can do at the moment, a secure plane for you and your loved ones? You know that you have to compromise a bit on this.

You know what I prefer? I want airport security outsourced to Israel. I am serious. Why? Because they are the only ones that take it seriously and they know what they are doing.

RetiredNavyGuy

You guys are right that say the scanners possibly have future health risks we don't know about.

You guys are right that the scanners can be tricked.

You guys are right that except for Israel, airport security staff, the TSA in the States in particular are not properly trained.

You guys are right that there are some creeps who will get their jollies from looking at the screens.

All true.

But I say again, what do you want? Do you want your full civil liberties or do you want to ride on as best that they can do at the moment, a secure plane for you and your loved ones? You know that you have to compromise a bit on this.

You know what I prefer? I want airport security outsourced to Israel. I am serious. Why? Because they are the only ones that take it seriously and they know what they are doing.

I would support that!

Take a deep breath guys, then suck it up.

Some of you seem rational while others sound like the fxxkwits that protested the wearing of seat belts in the 60s.

Fact.

1: This guy has an airplane.

2: He has rules if you want to get on it.

End of story

KinP (when you tire of Cebu, Phuket).

so will you really feel safe with full body scanners in place. apart from there being no such thing as a safe xray or similar; the real terrorists (those inside government) will still allow some brainwashed idiot to get on board without a passport and cause some officially rehearsed bomb scare. there will always be regular incidents and patsy groups arrested to keep the fear metre in the red. and the sheeple buy it.

Well Said Sperman....Just watched a new clip where a guy was patted down literally by touching all his private parts back and forth putting hands inside his sweat pants by TSA

http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-now-putting-hands-down-fliers-pants.html

tom_shor

Well Said Sperman....Just watched a new clip where a guy was patted down literally by touching all his private parts back and forth putting hands inside his sweat pants by TSA

http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-now-putting-hands-down-fliers-pants.html

If you wear sweatpants just don't wear underwear. :shitbricks:

• Admin (Retired)
broden

if they keep this up they may have to go back to allowing smoking in airports

Some of you seem rational while others sound like the fxxkwits that protested the wearing of seat belts in the 60s.

Fact.

End of story

Thats fine. PROVIDED there is an alternative method of travel.

Fact.

End of story

Thats fine. PROVIDED there is an alternative method of travel.

Yeah, maybe all of this will give teleporter development a swift kick in the pants! :shit_stirrer:

I think we can give up on our dreams of flying cars... 'coz what if a terrorist gets a hold of one? :shit_stirrer:

Edited by Mailman

Suppose the government said they were relocating the population into prisons where they would be "safer". Suppose the people were told that moving to a prison was for their own safety and security. Would everyone believe the government line and just go along with it?

RetiredNavyGuy

Suppose the government said they were relocating the population into prisons where they would be "safer". Suppose the people were told that moving to a prison was for their own safety and security. Would everyone believe the government line and just go along with it?

Unfortunately, I think a lot of them would.