Sign in to follow this  
Dennis2010

Honeymoon Suggestion?

A_Simple_Man

I notice you asked about "any advise as to where to stay and what to do in Cebu." and the advise you are getting here involves going away from Cebu.

Can you be more specific about whether you want cheap or if cost is not an issue. How far do you want to travel? A day trip to the Top is nice. A day at Hadsan beach resort is cheap and close. A night at the Crimson Resort is lavish. Lots of opportunities if you can pin down your criteria.

San Remigio is on Cebu.

You've been here long enough to know the difference. Still waiting to hear from the opening poster though.

Foxy Rob

"""""RUN"""""

:biggrin_01: Yes and keep on running, might be too late though if he's up to the honeymoon stage. :)

alexccms

Many western geared resorts have generators on Malapascua.

I had wanted to go El Nido on Palawan originally btw.

Headshot

I notice you asked about "any advise as to where to stay and what to do in Cebu." and the advise you are getting here involves going away from Cebu.

Can you be more specific about whether you want cheap or if cost is not an issue. How far do you want to travel? A day trip to the Top is nice. A day at Hadsan beach resort is cheap and close. A night at the Crimson Resort is lavish. Lots of opportunities if you can pin down your criteria.

San Remigio is on Cebu.

You've been here long enough to know the difference. Still waiting to hear from the opening poster though.

So, you assume the OP meant Cebu City instead of Cebu Island? I didn't take it that way, but if that is indeed the case, then I would quickly tell him that there are NO real beaches of any kind IN Cebu City. As a matter of fact, there are NO real resorts either...certainly nothing that I would consider in the least bit romantic. He will have to get quite a ways outside the city before he finds any beaches that haven't been trucked in (such as those on Mactan Island). But I don't think he was talking about Cebu City because he mentioned wanting to take long walks on the beach. That certainly isn't possible IN Cebu City. If the OP meant Cebu Island when he said Cebu, then I stand by my advice.

til

Many western geared resorts have generators on Malapascua.

I had wanted to go El Nido on Palawan originally btw.

Thats a good Idea.

We had our honeymoon on Palawan, flew in to Busuanga from Manila, spent a few days in Coron, then down to El Nido, then Port Barton and finally left from Puerto Princesa to Cebu.

El Nido is the most spectatcular place of those I think, Coron is a very close second.

But don't expect you'll have more elecricity there, than on Malapascua :scratch_head:

Dennis2010

Thanks for all the suggestions / advise. I really do appreciate it. I will be looking into all of those! I guess I should have been a little bit more specific. Im not really too concerned on how much the honeymoon will cost. Hopefully it would be 5K or less (USD) And no I dont mind traveling a bit.

Headshot

Thanks for all the suggestions / advise. I really do appreciate it. I will be looking into all of those! I guess I should have been a little bit more specific. Im not really too concerned on how much the honeymoon will cost. Hopefully it would be 5K or less (USD) And no I dont mind traveling a bit.

Dennis, glad to see you return to the thread. The guys here are happy to answer questions for anybody, and they can probably save you a lot of money along the way if you listen to them. But, on the other hand, you will get a lot more benefit if you visit threads you start frequently to clarify your questions and add details (or just to respond to advice). If we had known you had a $5,000US budget for a honeymoon, I think the discussion would have taken an entirely different slant. For that kind of money, you can spend a couple of weeks on your honeymoon on pretty much any island in the Philippines. It is also nice to know that you are willing to travel a bit to reach a honeymoon destination.

If you want to stay on Cebu Island, I would still recommed San Remigio Beach Club for a pampered, somewhat-isolated honeymoon, but there are lots of other places in the Philippines too. If you are willing to fly (through Manila) to get to your destination, Palawan Island, out in the South China Sea, is considered to be the most beautiful and pristine island in the Philippines. There are several resorts on Palawan that would fit the bill for a great honeymoon destination. Boracay Island (off the north end of Panay Island) is an upscale resort destination, with lots of resorts and lots of white sand, but it is a popular international destination, so don't expect isolation. If you are looking for isolation within a ferry ride of Cebu, then you might consider Malapasqua Island, Bantayan Island or the Camote Islands near the north end of Cebu. Bohol Island is also a great nearby destination. Landwise, it is about the same size as Cebu, but with a fraction of the population and congestion. Most of the good resorts on Bohol are actually on Panglao Island, which is connected by two bridges to Tagbiliran, the capital of Bohol.

Hopefully, this gives you enough choices and variables to think about that you can further narrow your search by deciding what is really important to you and your new bride. Good luck.

easy44

Dennis, glad to see you return to the thread. The guys here are happy to answer questions for anybody, and they can probably save you a lot of money along the way if you listen to them. But, on the other hand, you will get a lot more benefit if you visit threads you start frequently to clarify your questions and add details (or just to respond to advice). If we had known you had a $5,000US budget for a honeymoon, I think the discussion would have taken an entirely different slant. For that kind of money, you can spend a couple of weeks on your honeymoon on pretty much any island in the Philippines. It is also nice to know that you are willing to travel a bit to reach a honeymoon destination.

If you want to stay on Cebu Island, I would still recommed San Remigio Beach Club for a pampered, somewhat-isolated honeymoon, but there are lots of other places in the Philippines too. If you are willing to fly (through Manila) to get to your destination, Palawan Island, out in the South China Sea, is considered to be the most beautiful and pristine island in the Philippines. There are several resorts on Palawan that would fit the bill for a great honeymoon destination. Boracay Island (off the north end of Panay Island) is an upscale resort destination, with lots of resorts and lots of white sand, but it is a popular international destination, so don't expect isolation. If you are looking for isolation within a ferry ride of Cebu, then you might consider Malapasqua Island, Bantayan Island or the Camote Islands near the north end of Cebu. Bohol Island is also a great nearby destination. Landwise, it is about the same size as Cebu, but with a fraction of the population and congestion. Most of the good resorts on Bohol are actually on Panglao Island, which is connected by two bridges to Tagbiliran, the capital of Bohol.

Hopefully, this gives you enough choices and variables to think about that you can further narrow your search by deciding what is really important to you and your new bride. Good luck.

Headshot, you mentioned you stayed at San Remegio shortly after they opened. I believe the situation has changed a bit since then. The owners have been operating the resort now for a few years at an apparent loss. I haven't been there but I have a friend that goes up there frequently because he boards his horses at the resort. He tells me they have cut back on their services and you won't get the kind of attention you mentioned. It's still a beautiful location with a nice beach and golf course, but not a five star resort.

joemama

Plantation Bay on mactan is pricey and has the largest swimming pools in phils (they claim), salt and fresh water pools. they provide excellent food and it is very romantic. I rented a suite when i stayed there, and it was great. Also Shangri-la is a very nice place to stay with a great resto overlooking the water with many fish you can see feeding close by at dinner time. the grounds are nice to take a walk around too, but they will drive you (with a golf cart) to the resto. Costa bella has a nice pool with a great resto and i would also suggest staying on the second floor facing the ocean, i think that is the room featured on their website...its really nice to have your coffee on the balcony in the morning. The Hilton is also nice with a cool resto out on a jetty where it was nice having late night drinks while overlooking the ocean.....they all offer different amenities depending on your taste....good luck, have fun.

loosehead

I agree with Plantation Bay. It is the best place I have been on Cebu island for a honeymoon. Some great upmarket places on Boracay. How about a suite on Hong Kong with a view of the harbour.

Nice to see someone prepared to spend 5 grand for an unforgettable honeymoon. Good luck with it.

alexccms

Shit for 5K you can stay with me & my wife. Free hotel pickup, meals, and drinks included. We even take a semi-weekly tour of the the lovely Tabunok Public Market shopping district. Wait... that was a joke, not advertising.

dirtsquirter

just wanted to clarify something about malapascua island, if you stay in a resort there without a generator, the electricity will shut off about 7-8 in the morning, and come back on line sometime mid to late afternoon. So unless your staying inside your room during the day, chances are very good that you will sleep in a cool and dry room in the evening. It really is a beautiful island, with no cars, and you can walk around the whole island in a couple of hours. I would love to retire there someday if it doesn't change- haven't been there since may of '09, so some things may have changed. Hope this helps and congratulations!

Jeff/Cerelyn/Ky

If you want to be IN Cebu you might want to check out Badian Island Resort and Spa. I've never stayed there but know that it's very, very nice. There is great diving in Moalboal about 10 km away.

http://badianhotel.com/e/index.html

Dennis2010

Thanks for the many more suggestions! These places look awesome, and if I wasnt already having a hard enough time choosing now the fiancee mentioned something about Boracay! So now I gotta look to see whats available up there in Boracay. I guess it makes sense though, because I wouldnt want to honeymoon anywhere near my home town. Plus she has never been to Boracay yet.

til

All Filipinas dream of going to Boracay, I'm not sure why.

But if I where you I'd make sure you are ok with going to that sort of place.

Well I've never been there, I've always talked my gf/fianc