Sign in to follow this  
Guest billygoat

22 and pregnant

Guest billygoat

What are the options for a girl who pregnant and dosnt want to be ,in cebu

Daisy

Huh??? Does she have any choice? For our standard 22 is a girl no more!!!She already know what she is doing!!! Lots of Filipino women got pregnant at 18 and stand firm for it! Getting pregnant is not the end of the world and who knows it will make her a better person!

However if she considering not to continue her pregnancy, it's a decision that comes from her and the father of her baby.

• Like 2

alexccms

As far as I know abortions are still illegal in the Philippines. There are some 'folk remedies' I'm not going to get into for personal reasons.

Are you sure she's pregnant? Very often girls in the phils use a fake pregnancy as a means to keep you, or at least keep some cash coming in.

I know it's not the question you asked, but one might also consider whether they're sure that they are the father.

Paul

What, exactly, does she want?

Is her family located in another province?

I'm not sure I really understand your concern. Can you be a bit more specific, and we can probably shed a bit more light on it for you.

The Mason

Abortion is illegal in the Philippines, but its readily available at several clincs. Some are safe, others not so much. I'm sure the girl can find a place with a few discreet questions.

• Like 1

Paul

Abortion is illegal in the Philippines, but its readily available at several clincs. Some are safe, others not so much. I'm sure the girl can find a place with a few discreet questions.

I WOULD NEVER, EVER advise anyone to have an abortion in this country! I have SEEN the direct result of a failed abortion, and what the little child had to endure during its short life.

If she is going to do that, have the decency to let the baby deliver and give it up for adoption. At least the child has a chance in life. If she kills it, there is no chance at all. And, there is a possibility of harming her too, if the abortion were not handled properly.

• Like 4

Daisy

I WOULD NEVER, EVER advise anyone to have an abortion in this country! I have SEEN the direct result of a failed abortion, and what the little child had to endure during its short life.

If she is going to do that, have the decency to let the baby deliver and give it up for adoption. At least the child has a chance in life. If she kills it, there is no chance at all. And, there is a possibility of harming her too, if the abortion were not handled properly.

Yah exactly...20 years ago, my best friend, a second courser, died because of it! They were already preparing for their wedding but because of the opportunity of working in the US as a nurse as she was scheduled to fly NYC a week after her wedding, they opted for abortion....WHAT A TOTAL WASTE of 2 beautiful lives!!!!

• Like 2

OFW Filipina

Abortion is very dangerous and it's a big sin...so please don't do it. if she's really pregnant then just tell her to let the baby born...the baby is innocent and if she don't want the baby because she's not ready yet to be a responsible mother then many couple want and willing to adopt. And if your the father then...you would like to abort your own blood?

• Like 5

Jess Bartone

Every creature on earth does it, but humans are supposed to do it with dignity. If you don't want the baby, there are many childless people who would do anything to have your child, to give a lifetime of love to the little life that is now so unloved and unwanted. I know at least one person on this forum who would love to raise a kid but can't have one.

If you get involved in procuring an abortion, you could easily end up in a local jail, where I am sure there would be plenty of desperadoes lining up to have their turn at trying to impregnate you... their motto is "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again".

• Like 3

thebob

The law is very clear

"Article II of the 1987 Philippine Constitution says, in part, "Section 12. The State recognizes the sanctity of family life and shall protect and strengthen the family as a basic autonomous social institution. It shall equally protect the life of the mother and the life of the unborn from conception. ..."[2]

The act is criminalized by the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines, which was enacted in 1930 and remains in effect today. Articles 256, 258 and 259 of the Code mandate imprisonment for the woman who undergoes the abortion, as well as for any person who assists in the procedure, even if they be the woman's parents, a physician or midwife. Article 258 further imposes a higher prison term on the woman or her parents if the abortion is undertaken "in order to conceal [the woman's] dishonor".

There is no law in the Philippines that expressly authorizes abortions in order to save the woman's life; and the general provisions which do penalize abortion make no qualifications if the woman's life is endangered. It may be argued that an abortion to save the mother's life could be classified as a justifying circumstance (duress as opposed to self-defense) that would bar criminal prosecution under the Revised Penal Code. However, this has yet to be adjudicated by the Philippine Supreme Court.

Proposals to liberalize Philippine abortion laws have been opposed by the Catholic Church, and its opposition has considerable influence in the predominantly Catholic country. However, the constitutionality of abortion restrictions has yet to be challenged before the Philippine Supreme Court.

The present Constitution of the Philippines, enacted in 1987, pronounces as among the policies of the State that "[The State] shall equally protect the life of the mother and the life of the unborn from conception." (sec. 12, Art. II) The provision was crafted by the Constitutional Commission which drafted the charter with the intention of providing for constitutional protection of the abortion ban, although the enactment of a more definitive provision sanctioning the ban was not successful. It is also notable that the provision is enumerated as among several state policies, which are generally regarded in law as unenforceable in the absence of implementing legislation.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_Philippines

So moral implications aside, all options short of seeing the baby to full term are illegal.

• Like 1

Paul

Well, we seem to be getting off topic just a bit. The original poster didn't even mention anything about an abortion, only that she (the young woman) didn't wish to remain in Cebu.

That is what we should be addressing, as soon as he provides (well, at least me) some additional information on it, as I am still a bit confused.

RogerDuMond

Very often girls in the phils use a fake pregnancy as a means to keep you, or at least keep some cash coming in.

So this happens very often? I have never heard of an actual case of this, only friend of a friend type stories. Maybe you exaggerated a little bit by saying very often?

• Like 1

thebob

Well, we seem to be getting off topic just a bit. The original poster didn't even mention anything about an abortion, only that she (the young woman) didn't wish to remain in Cebu.

That is what we should be addressing, as soon as he provides (well, at least me) some additional information on it, as I am still a bit confused.

I read his post "What are the options for a girl who pregnant and dosnt want to be ,in cebu", as missing one comma, after girl, an omitted "is" after who, and a closing period.

To paraphrase "What are the options for a girl in Cebu, who is pregnant and doesn't want to be."

Jess Bartone

I read his post "What are the options for a girl who pregnant and dosnt want to be ,in cebu", as missing one comma, after girl, an omitted "is" after who, and a closing period.

To paraphrase "What are the options for a girl in Cebu, who is pregnant and doesn't want to be."

I read it the same way... "pregnant and doesn't want to be <comma> in Cebu".

"In Cebu" was added as an afterthought to specify the location... it may be that English is not his first language.

I believe the OP was alluding to abortion.

TheDuke

There are only 2 options that a woman has when pregnant.

1. Get an abortion.
  2. Give birth to the child.

What she does afterwards is her choice.

I was always pro-choice (women's rights) until I witnessed the birth of my little girl and watched her grow up. She is a little over 3 years old and I have completely changed my mind on women's rights. Once I saw a miracle like that happen and the unconditional love that a child gives, I could never support abortion. I'm not going to lie and say that she is all love and joy because sometimes she can be a royal pain in my ass but at the end of the day being a parent is rewarding.

• Like 5