Marshmallow Fluff recipe

dirtsquirter

dirtsquirter

OK, this recipe is for fans of fluffernutter sandwiches,(which I am not), and can be used in other recipes like a main ingredient for filling whoopie pies. This freezes very well, and can be used right from the freezer. Marshmallow Fluff : 3 egg whites, 2 cups light corn syrup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla. Combine egg whites, corn syrup and salt in mixer bowl, Mix on high speed until thick (about 10 minutes), add powdered sugar and beat until blended on low speed. Enjoy

would you know if this is similar to kraft jet-puffed marshmallow creme (which isn't available here)? if so there is a recipe for fudge that uses this (google kraft marshmallow fudge), easy to make and tastes pretty good even if it isn't mackinac island fudge.

dirtsquirter

I'm not sure about the jet puffed marshmallow creme, but it sounds very similar. I have tried using the marshmallow fluff in a fudge recipe, but I wouldn't do that again as it was to soft, and very hard to slice. I like my fudge firm, and once set, able to slice and hold it's shape. If you need a simple fudge recipe, I have one that's very good plain, or you can add nuts-depends on your preference. Just let me know and i will post it.