suprise surprise

udonthani

would anybody care to explain why, every other country in the world - except this one - when you go to a bank, any bank, anywhere in the country, they are more than eager to accept travellers checks, and sometimes even go so far as to charge very moderate rates of commission that makes them better value than using ATM's?

what the feck is supposed to be so special about the Philippines that they totally ignore what everyone else does?

I agree with some of the things you have posted. However, bitching about it is not going to change anything except provide ammo for those on this forum to ridicule you. My wife even agrees that it's an ass backwards country and that they are just hurting themselves by not adapting. It's sad to watch a country with such potential be held back by corruption and fall further behind other countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, etc. You just have to accept it for what it is or go somewhere else.

of course I accept it for what it is and I'm not in actual fact complaining about it at all. I enjoy it here and I'm pretty sure I'm better adapted to it than most. I'm just observing that they're in a big badass mess and it's going to get worse.

the good news is that having checked online, the transaction doesn't appear to have gone through at all, and that nothing has been debited from the account. Which probably means that that particular machine had just run out of money in the run up to the holidays. There's another one over the street I'll try in a few minutes. I noticed some cash getting dispensed from that one, into the hand of a newbie Yank accompanied by a pinay 30 years younger than he is, who you could tell from the body language had only just met, probably from the internet.

needless to say, the money won't stay in his hand for long. She's going to need a new phone, a new bag, new everything. The bloodsucking starts right here.

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Jess Bartone

• UZI

• TheDuke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use ATMs at least twice a week. Never had a problem at all. It is encouraging that these strange things keep happening to you udonthani. Perhaps if they persist you won't be coming back to the Ph

I've lived and travelled there many times using ATMs and have only once had a minor problem with my card.   What a whiny bitchy SOB you are! I just don't get why you keep going back to the Philippi

That's called "Love." He is happy to have a young babe telling him how "Guapo" he is and she is happy to have a "Sugar Daddy." American women do it all the time. It's the way the world turns. Let t

Posted Images

They say that bad things come in three's.

We are waiting with baited breath for the third installment of "The Innocents Abroad" (Apologies to Mark Twain)

Edited by stagger
  • Like 1

I noticed some cash getting dispensed from that one, into the hand of a newbie Yank accompanied by a pinay 30 years younger than he is, who you could tell from the body language had only just met, probably from the internet. needless to say, the money won't stay in his hand for long. She's going to need a new phone, a new bag, new everything. The bloodsucking starts right here.

That's called "Love." He is happy to have a young babe telling him how "Guapo" he is and she is happy to have a "Sugar Daddy." American women do it all the time. It's the way the world turns. Let the good times roll......... :biggrin_01:

udonthani

That's called "Love." He is happy to have a young babe telling him how "Guapo" he is and she is happy to have a "Sugar Daddy." American women do it all the time. It's the way the world turns. Let the good times roll.........

the process is swift, savage, and direct.

1) spend ages chatting to the fat old Idahoan dick on the internet

2) hope to hell somebody else doesn't get his claws into him in Manila, that he manages to emerge from there unscathed and still in possession of his wallet, and that he makes the plane down to the Visayas

3) meet him at the airport with about six relatives

4) take him to some hotel

5) in the morning, take control and march him to the nearest ATM

6) call a taxi and head to Limpetkai mall

it's beautiful really.

• Like 1

would anybody care to explain why, every other country in the world - except this one - when you go to a bank, any bank, anywhere in the country, they are more than eager to accept travellers checks, and sometimes even go so far as to charge very moderate rates of commission that makes them better value than using ATM's?

what the feck is supposed to be so special about the Philippines that they totally ignore what everyone else does?

I agree with some of the things you have posted. However, bitching about it is not going to change anything except provide ammo for those on this forum to ridicule you. My wife even agrees that it's an ass backwards country and that they are just hurting themselves by not adapting. It's sad to watch a country with such potential be held back by corruption and fall further behind other countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, etc. You just have to accept it for what it is or go somewhere else.

of course I accept it for what it is and I'm not in actual fact complaining about it at all. I enjoy it here and I'm pretty sure I'm better adapted to it than most. I'm just observing that they're in a big badass mess and it's going to get worse.

the good news is that having checked online, the transaction doesn't appear to have gone through at all, and that nothing has been debited from the account. Which probably means that that particular machine had just run out of money in the run up to the holidays. There's another one over the street I'll try in a few minutes. I notice some cash getting dispensed from that one, into the hand of a newbie Yank accompanied by a pinay 30 years younger than he is, who you could tell from the body language had only just met, probably from the internet.

needless to say, the money won't stay in his hand for long. She's going to need a new phone, a new bag, new everything. The bloodsucking starts right here.

You have a good point about that BLOOD SUCKING BITCH! A beautiful young woman like her should be so happy to be with an ugly old geezer three times her age that she buys him nice things like fine dinners, a surf board, golf clubs and all the beer he can drink.

Ever hear of What's in it for me? It's the basis of all interpersonal relationships.

Mike

(just another ugly old geezer)

Edited by mikewinkler
  • Like 2

These young honeys that tickle my fancy can call me whatever they want if it makes them happy and if they can get blood out of a stone they are welcome to it.

First time I went to the Philippines back in the dark ages I took travelers checks and I had such a hard time cashing them I never took them any more. Even the US $100 bills I took some were rejected sometimes by some places and excepted in others. They are a suspicious people because of the forgeries, scams etc its only experience that makes them so careful and if its true as I have been told that if the employee makes a mistake it comes out of their pay then I wouldn't cash your checks either if I was an employee. Self preservation, we all do it.

• Like 1

That's called "Love." He is happy to have a young babe telling him how "Guapo" he is and she is happy to have a "Sugar Daddy." American women do it all the time. It's the way the world turns. Let the good times roll.........

2) hope to hell somebody else doesn't get his claws into him in Manila, that he manages to emerge from there unscathed and still in possession of his wallet, and that he makes the plane down to the Visayas

it's beautiful really.

Hahahaha it's so true at times,its hurtful to know, what makes it more painful is that you seem to find some glee in this scenerio or is it jealousy rearing its head. If you work hard at it you too could turn yourself into one of those fat old Idahoan dicks you seem to admire plenty of them online would be willing to help you.

I'd be interested to know what advice you would give to these unfortunates to avoid these honey traps and become the Lothario you seem to be. How does one survive in the Philippines flitting from one honey to another as a undonthani bee, and who knows how many devastated, heart broken flowers left in your wake will be there cheering you on and how many of them decide to move on to Idahoan farmers having graduated from Whippy's Bee Keeping School of Heartache.

• Like 1

it's beautiful really.

Hahahaha it's so true at times,its hurtful to know, what makes it more painful is that you seem to find some glee in this scenerio or is it jealousy rearing its head. If you work hard at it you too could turn yourself into one of those fat old Idahoan dicks you seem to admire plenty of them online would be willing to help you.

I'd be interested to know what advice you would give to these unfortunates to avoid these honey traps and become the Lothario you seem to be. How does one survive in the Philippines flitting from one honey to another as a undonthani bee, and who knows how many devastated, heart broken flowers left in your wake will be there cheering you on and how many of them decide to move on to Idahoan farmers having graduated from Whippy's Bee Keeping School of Heartache.

Undonthani is so cheap that the idea of someone spending money on a sweet young thing pisses him off, or maybe he's just jealous. He flits from one to another because when they find out how tight he is they leave.

• Like 1

He's so f#*king tight, I'm surprised he will pay for the internet time to post on a forum.

• Like 1

the good news is that having checked online, the transaction doesn't appear to have gone through at all, and that nothing has been debited from the account. Which probably means that that particular machine had just run out of money in the run up to the holidays. There's another one over the street I'll try in a few minutes. I noticed some cash getting dispensed from that one, into the hand of a newbie Yank accompanied by a pinay 30 years younger than he is, who you could tell from the body language had only just met, probably from the internet.

Yup, I was right earlier......:troll:Change subject onto a new rant. good one :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

He's so f#*king tight, I'm surprised he will pay for the internet time to post on a forum.

That's what I admire about him he is good for the battlers I don't have as many dollars anymore, its his ageist moralizing I find irritating.

• Like 1

The answer is if they did that then you would have a face to face encounter over the poor exchange rate and high costs of exchange, with the A.T.M.s you can only kick the machine :D

as for poor exchange rates in the PH, that is true in those few places that do accept TC's, which basically amounts to being NAIA, a few places in Ermita and Makati, Boracay, and Alona beach. Terrible rates, high rates of commission and some of them even ask for the receipts you bought them with. LOL. Some of them, but not all of them.

The only time I used Travelers Cheques I was on a holiday to the UK where I believe you are from, I was asked to provide receipts that i bought them with, and that was in LONDON, I believe the financial centre of the UK. Back in 1997 that was, i suggest you get into the modern decade and do what the majority of people use, ATM's

NEVER USED A TRAVELLER'S CHEQUE SINCE.

Jess Bartone

You guys are crackin' me up, I don't have to say a thing for once. whippy changes horses mid stream and goes on the offensive and all it does is attract more ridicule... stick to travel reporting old son... the travelogue type, not the negatori... it's what you do best... tell us about points of interest, I actually want to hear about it.

• Like 1
tom_shor

The answer is if they did that then you would have a face to face encounter over the poor exchange rate and high costs of exchange, with the A.T.M.s you can only kick the machine :(

Paul hasn't explained why hardly any outlets in the Philippines accept travellers checks, when every other country in Asia thinks they're an integral component of the FOREX set up for the tourists. He can't. There is no answer.

as for poor exchange rates in the PH, that is true in those few places that do accept TC's, which basically amounts to being NAIA, a few places in Ermita and Makati, Boracay, and Alona beach. Terrible rates, high rates of commission and some of them even ask for the receipts you bought them with. LOL. Some of them, but not all of them.

it's just not joined-up. There's no strategy, no command. This place is just a mess, with a hundred million people living in it.

I believe the American Express office will cash the travelers checks. I know there is one in Manila. I think there is one in Cebu as well.