Air Asia booking via Cebu travel agent

Does anyone know of any Cebu travel agents that will book Air Asia International flights for me, for a fee of course ?

TheMatrix

I have noticed most full service travel agencies won't book flights for the discount carriers, such as the same in the U.S. with Southwest Airlines.

However, one travel agent I have used in the past will book on Cebu Pacific and perhaps Air Asia. Their contact info:

Robert Crisolo

General Mgr.

Nautica Travel

0906-587-5398

254-9644

[email protected]

They're located across the street from Jolibee/RainTree Mall.

-

Edited by SteveMatrix
  • Like 1
udonthani

it's easy. Any third party can do it for you, like you can book that way with Cebu Pacific and print out you e-ticket in minutes. A pal on this forum could do it for you while they were sitting in a cyber cafe in Rio de Janeiro or Accra if they wanted.

unlike Cebu Pacific, Air Asia doesn't have any shops in the Philippines, unless you count the check-in desk at Clark, so your only option is online booking by 3rd party if you have no credit card.

make sure the agent doesn't rip you off with the commission. When Cebu Pacific's website wasn't taking my card, and I was in Angeles city where there isn't any Cebu Pacific shop where I could walk in and pay cash, I shopped around and found some robbing bastard gits wanted 500 on top of the fare. That's a ludicrously high level of commission. It should be no more than 200.

it's easy. Any third party can do it for you, like you can book that way with Cebu Pacific and print out you e-ticket in minutes. A pal on this forum could do it for you while they were sitting in a cyber cafe in Rio de Janeiro or Accra if they wanted.

unlike Cebu Pacific, Air Asia doesn't have any shops in the Philippines, unless you count the check-in desk at Clark, so your only option is online booking by 3rd party if you have no credit card.

make sure the agent doesn't rip you off with the commission. When Cebu Pacific's website wasn't taking my card, and I was in Angeles city where there isn't any Cebu Pacific shop where I could walk in and pay cash, I shopped around and found some robbing bastard gits wanted 500 on top of the fare. That's a ludicrously high level of commission. It should be no more than 200.

Cebu Pacific don't pay agents a commission anymore. That''s why the agent charges 500. I dont think that's too high.

The stupid ting is refusing to take OS Visa cards because (they say) chance of fraud.Very third world attitude.

KinP (by the way, from memory Cebu Pacific ar in SM mall)

David_LivinginTalisay

post-198-035239600 1288077848_thumb.jpg

Have you signed up to AirAsia?

If you have, then why not login, and use the Live Chat facility with AirAsia, and ask directly?

Alternatively, ask the Question on the AirAsia Facebook Blog - http://www.facebook.com/AirAsia

I have not yet flown with AirAsia, but will certainly consider using them for a UK Trip next year hopefully. Trying to get my son, Paul, to Book with them for his Trip to Philippines next March.

They do some really good Promo Rates From/To Stanstead and Malaysia (KUL).

AirAsia operate to Clark in the Philippines and Cebu Pacific have flights from Clark to Cebu and back, twice a week

http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/livechat.html?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=howdoi&utm_campaign=livechat

Welcome to Live Help!

If you've got questions about our services and products, ask our helpful customer service personnel online.

Important Notice

1.LiveHelp is designed to assist with your enquiries only. Fare (PNR) purchases or amendments to your existing bookings are not available on this feature and can only be effected through contacting our Call Centre.2.You are able to chat directly with our customer services representatives on Live Help.3.Although LiveHelp is still in its pilot test stage, the information provided is accurate and based on AirAsia's policies and practices. You may experience temporary glitches, we ask for your patience while we work on perfecting Live Help.4.You'll be able to obtain information about AirAsia and AirAsia X's products and services here.5.Please be mindful not to share your credit card information, itinerary number (PNR) or other potentially sensitive personal details while chatting.6.You are unable to book, pay or change flights for AirAsia and AirAsia X's products and services on LiveHelp.7.You are also unable to obtain information about your existing bookings. You will need to contact our Call Centre for this service.8.You will need to call the Call Centre and speak to our Customer Service personnel for any changes to your itinerary or purchase of our services.

• Like 1
udonthani
[Cebu Pacific don't pay agents a commission anymore. That''s why the agent charges 500. I dont think that's too high.The stupid ting is refusing to take OS Visa cards because (they say) chance of fraud.Very third world attitude.KinP (by the way, from memory Cebu Pacific ar in SM mall)

basically you don't get this one. ANYBODY with a credit card that Cebu Pacific accepts can get a ticket for somebody else. I just got a air ticket for a Filipina im Manila to get to Cebu three days ago sitting here in Yorkshire.

travel agents don't need any kind of permission from the airline to book a ticket on someone else's behalf. They just use their credit card to buy a ticket in somebody else's name, and give it them either by email or by printing it out and shoving into their hand. It takes five minutes to pull off. Of course 500 pesos is too much commission to charge for a nothing job like that, even when you've got overheads in the shop like rent, electric and so on. 200 is plenty.

also I never saw any Cebu Pacific shop in SM mall. I'm almost certain there isn't one. If there was, I'd have gone there during the period when CP weren't accepting my cards, and saved myself 200 pesos.

I also I never saw any Cebu Pacific shop in SM mall. I'm almost certain there isn't one. If there was, I'd have gone there during the period when CP weren't accepting my cards, and saved myself 200 pesos.

They are in the Basement level.

1. Robinsons Place-Cebu
    F. Ramos St. Cebu City
    Business Hours: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Daily

Skyliner Services-SM City
    Lower G/F North Reclamation Area Cebu City
    Tel: (032) 233-4983

Skyliner Services-Ayala Center
    South Parking Area Cebu City
    Tel: (032) 231-6808

Above information is on their website, there are offices like these all over the Philippines as a lot of their customers may not have access to Credit Cards.

So if you do not have a credit card, you can buy at these outlets, if you want to stand/sit in line and pay.

In the end you have to figure how much your time is worth!

udonthani

obviously there are Cebu Pacific shops in just about every town the airline does business in the Philippines.

but I'm pretty sure there isn't a Cebu Pacific shop in the SM mall in Angeles city, which is why I used a travel agent there when they weren't accepting my card. A couple of jokers wanted 500, eventually I found one that was ready to perform the five minute job for 200.

TheMatrix

Basically you don't get this one. ANYBODY with a credit card that Cebu Pacific accepts can get a ticket for somebody else.

travel agents don't need any kind of permission from the airline to book a ticket on someone else's behalf. They just use their credit card to buy a ticket in somebody else's name, and give it them either by email or by printing it out and shoving into their hand. It takes five minutes to pull off. Of course 500 pesos is too much commission to charge for a nothing job like that, even when you've got overheads in the shop like rent, electric and so on. 200 is plenty.

also I never saw any Cebu Pacific shop in SM mall. I'm almost certain there isn't one. If there was, I'd have gone there during the period when CP weren't accepting my cards, and saved myself 200 pesos.

How is this unique from any other airline?

Anybody with a credit card can get a flight on ANY airline (not only Cebu Pacific), for someone else.

Cebu Pacific and other discount airlines don't pay travel agents commissions anymore, therefore it is customary to charge the patron an extra "surcharge" for the convenience of booking the flight. I can't speak for other travelers, but I am often too busy to make travel arrangements myself and I would rather call a travel agency to make all the arrangements such as flight, hotel, airport transfers, car rentals, vegetarian meals, etc.

-

udonthani

different airlines have different policies. Air Asia and Cebu Pacific, a third party can book a flight for them using their card, without the passenger needing to show the booker's ID and/or the card they used to buy the flight on check in.

with PAL, as Turbota found out recently when he booked a flight for his wife, she needed to show his credit card and his ID at check in to get on the plane. You don't have to do this with Air Asia and Cebu Pacific.

some airlines, like Emirates, go even further than this, and with them, you can't book a flight for someone else at all, without you being one of the travelling party.

Yes true, PAL is a pain in the arse for that, as is Thai. I don't mind paying an agent a fee for the process as long as they are not greedy, i have used an agent in Phuket in the past that does it for a small fee.

The thing that's stopping me buying online is setting up a VBV verified by visa for a UOB Sing account, can't be done online, the joys of banking!

different airlines have different policies. Air Asia and Cebu Pacific, a third party can book a flight for them using their card, without the passenger needing to show the booker's ID and/or the card they used to buy the flight on check in.

with PAL, as Turbota found out recently when he booked a flight for his wife, she needed to show his credit card and his ID at check in to get on the plane. You don't have to do this with Air Asia and Cebu Pacific.

some airlines, like Emirates, go even further than this, and with them, you can't book a flight for someone else at all, without you being one of the travelling party.