Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Where to Stay on White Beach, Moalboal?

David_LivinginTalisay

I have not stayed @ White Beach only made a part day visit, but it sure look inviting.

White Beach in Barangay Saavedra has just started to develop as a tourist destination. It is much more quiet and remote around there. At the weekend locals from all over the island enjoy the white sandy beach, BBQ, beach volley ball, karaoke and the clear sea.

http://www.virtouris...moalboal/32.htm

Moalboal, White Beach

The central part of White Beach is frequented by locals. I did not see many foreigners when I was here. I only saw a tourist boat full of divers, who, most probably, stayed in one of the resorts in White Beach.

If you go to White Beach do not forget your snorkeling gear. The area is full of star fish and other small tropical fish. White Beach is especially recommended for families with little kids.

White beach, Moalboal looks very nice, as these photos from Google image search show:-

172522246oudcft_ph.jpg

white-beach-moalboal.jpg1498672.jpg

1.1261398109.white-beach-moalboal_4.jpg1498430.jpg

Where to stay actually on White Beach, Moalboal - anyone got recommendations?

Here are 2 x Resorts on White Beach that I discovered from a Google, can anyone post Photos and give Contact details of others (if they exist):-

barefooot%20header2.jpg

Welcome to Barefoot White Beach Resort

Located in beautiful Moalboal on Cebu Island, Philippines

We are a genuine Filipino/European owned resort. Located at the White Beach on the Moalboal Peninsula, only two hours south of Cebu City, it is the perfect spot for relaxation, socializing and water sports.Barefoot Resort offers you a small and informal place with a honeymoon suite right on the beach including a private outside dining area and two rooms with joining bathroom.The two story Barefoot Villa with three bedrooms and two bathrooms is perfect for family gatherings and reunions.Our Deluxe room and Super Deluxe rooms are located only 20 meters from the water.We also have open cottages and barbeque area for our guests Our unique location at white beach with pristine coral sand will make your stay unforgettable.

thumb%20The%20barefoot%20villa.jpg thumbs%20(4).jpgSuper%20de%20luxe%201.jpgsuper%20deluxe%20room.jpgSuper%20de%20luxe%202.jpgsuper%20deluxe%20room%20000.jpg

Barefoot White Beach Resort is located in Moalboal, Cebu.

Please call or email us:

E- mail: [email protected]

Phone : 00639284939798

David_LivinginTalisay

photo-1418.jpg

Basdaku, Saavedra, Moalboal Cebu

http://www.ilink.ph/view.php?id=1418

CLUB SERENA RESORT

The beauty of Club Serena Resort in Basdaku,

Moalboal is more than a skin deep. It casts spells!

Club Serena speaks of a thousand square meters of poetry – breathtaking scenery, idyllic sea, sparkling sand, amazing dive sites, and awesome sunsets dipping beyond the shoulders of Tayasan, Negros Oriental.

Its very “exclusive” atmosphere could send one planting his feet in off-white grains of sand lapped endlessly by Tañon Strait’s translucent waters. Like most of Club Serena’s visitors, one could easily become captive of its surreal charms, or could be mystified by the splaying of vibrant colors on its stupendous skyline.

http://www.clubserenaresort.com/home.html

club-serena.jpgview-from-poolside.jpg

treehouse.jpgtreehouse.jpgwhite-beach.jpgsunset-at-the-resort.jpgswimming-pool.jpgswimming-pool.jpgromantic-dinner-on-the.jpgcottage-1.jpg

beach.jpgwhite-beach-moalboal.jpg

Club Serena has 8 rooms – Beach Front Suite, Raja Room, Treehouse 1 and 2, Cottages 1 and 2, and Casita 1 and Casita 2 each with its own character. The Honeymooner's Suite has its own sala and dining area; while Treehouses 1 and 2, bearing aqualife motif, boast of their own azotea or balcony overlooking Tañon Strait. Cottages 1 and 2 are fusion of Oriental and Western inspirations; while the Raja Room speak of indigenous Oriental motif.

The place is very private, away from the city's maddening crowd; appropriate for family bonding as well as corporate team building if you exclusively booked the whole place. Or for one used to solitude, one can spend time by one's self while enjoying the ringing of the wind chimes in Treehouse 1 or 2.

The resort's Clubhouse, owned by Ms. Melinda Garcia, boasts of a gastronomic array of Asian cuisine.

It can accommodate up to 30 guests. Club Serena also has swimming pools. The resort offers Spa Services, Scuba Diving Certification, Kawasan Waterfalls Picnic, Dolphin Watching, Island Hopping, Canyoning and is also ideal for Wedding Venues.

For activities such as Scuba Diving certification, Dolphin Watching, Island Hopping, Free Diving, Canyoning, Kawasan Waterfall Picnics, and Moto-trailing, visit www.aquaholics.com.ph.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1

David_LivinginTalisay

Asian Belgian Dive Resort

http://www.asian-belgian-resort.com/index_2005-12-05.htm

Asian Belgian Scuba Diving is a family owned and operated dive shop & resort with a reputation second to none in the Philippines dive industry. You could not deal with a better dive operator. Our business has been built on the quality of our service,the quality of the equipment we us and the basic principle of keeping divers diving. Look at what we offer:

learn more about Us He

6tr465yasian.gif

Scuba diving in Moalboal Cebu Philippines at Asian Belgian Dive Resort, beautiful, private, seaside resort accommodation is tucked away in a secluded corner of Mac Payong at the end of White Beach. With just a short drive away from Moalboal, and Panagsama it offers a quiet, idyllic setting for your beach an scuba diving holiday in the philippines.The location couldnt get any better for Scuba diving in the Philippines as one of the best reefs in the area is directly in front of the resort with Scuba dive boats anchoring there daily. All you have to do is walk down from the private beach with your gear on and start your dive, which is perfect for beginners and also for snorkelers.

The resorts architecture is a blend of native styles incorporating local stone and thatched roof . Fall asleep after a hard days dive to the sound of gentle waves and the wind gently blowing through the yucca trees.

Whether you are looking for a resort island holiday, whether you are a diver or a non diver, we are well placed to advise you and arrange all aspects of your Moalboal scuba diving holiday. W

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moalboal-Philippines/Asian-Belgian-Dive-Resort-Moalboal-Cebu/126577717389474?v=photos

2458536780100934344BMlqAM_ph.jpg

47723_110821198974950_100001412117690_81880_64933_n.jpg

61029_115126331877770_100001412117690_101920_7877281_n.jpg

45978_109370439120026_100001412117690_74951_1134213_n.jpg

58252_110821632308240_100001412117690_81881_1967765_n.jpg

61029_115126331877770_100001412117690_101920_7877281_n.jpg

46961_154610514551642_100000080826445_519320_503917_n.jpgDSC00661gif.gif

David_LivinginTalisay

Ravenala Beach Bungalows

This charming little resort gets its name from the Latin for the travelers' tree "ravenala." It is tucked away on the magnificent white sands of White Beach, 15 minutes from the famous Panagsama Beach of Moalboal. It blends all the necessary elements that guarantee a relaxing holiday: privacy, a pleasant architecture, a beautiful landscaped garden, crystal clear waters and a superb 50-meter deep ridge running parallel to the shore. Even children can swim here in complete safety.

You are warmly greeted upon arrival by the resort's owners: Eddie, a Dutchman and Teresita, a Filipina. When they constructed the resort a few of years ago, the owners were also its architects and landscape artists. Passionately fond of their property, they were pioneers in developing diving in the Philippines over 20 years ago and have trained instructors who have now settled in the region. Concerned about environmental protection, they will tell you about the damage wreaked by the terrible typhoon that swept through the beach of Panagsama in 1984, the return of the whale sharks were mercilessly massacred on Pamalican Island and the absolute necessity of eliminating the starfish with poisoned spikes that devour the corals.

The rooms are in two big bungalows apposite each other, perpendicular to the beach. These have been designed, furnished and decorated by the owner and have a comfortable "cottage atmosphere." They have imposing nipa rooftops, stone walls, and many semi-octagonal lattice windows. Two rooms have more recently been added, facing the beach and especially suitable for children.

ravenala2.jpg

The guestrooms on the groundfloor have neat and harmonious interiors, with pink and green as he main colors. The furnishings include an imposing bamboo bed with a brightly colored floral bed covers, armchairs and low tables. Beside lamps, mirrors and cone-shaped hats complete the decor. Deck chairs on the terrace invite you to relax, while you enjoy the breeze.

A lovely stone staircase on the outside leads to the apartments on the upper floors meant to accommodate close friends.

The restaurant is very well ventilated — a magnificent, octagonal, bamboo structure from a stone pillar in the center. The food is delicious. In the evening, you will see in the distant dark horizon a chain of lights formed by the countless tiny lamps on the fishing boats out at the sea.

http://www.ilink.ph/ravenala-resort-moalboal

RAVENALA RESORT MOALBOAL

Ravenala Beach Resort is located in Bas Daku(Cebuano meaning 'Big Sand'), in what is probably the best stretch of white sand beach in Moalboal, Cebu.

Ravenala Moalboal Resort rooms are basic but decent with private shower and air-conditioning. The landscaped garden area and beach access is probably the best feature of the resort.

Ravenala's house reef is great for snorkling and diving, and the reef wall is just a few meters away from the shoreline. Diving facilities and diving lessons are offered.

RAVENALA RESORT MOALBOAL -ROOM RATES

Double Room (Aircon) : PhP 3,750

Single Room (Aircon) : PhP 3,000

Family Room (Aircon, good for 4) : PhP 5,000

*Rates include Breakfast.

*Air-conditioned Transfers from Cebu City - Moalboal and vice-versa is PhP 3,000 per way

*Subject to change without prior notice.

Tel # 0922-852-5150

Bas Daku, Moalboal Cebu

Ravenala Beach Bungalows, Moalboal

Tauchen in Moalboal / Cebu / Philippinen

Oktober 2009, Ravenala Beach Bungalows, White Beach

M0012053_.jpg

M0012054_.jpg

M0012059_.jpg

M0012061_.jpg

M0012062_.jpg

M0012065_.jpg

Pa155088_.jpg

Pa185166_.jpg

Pa185170_.jpg

Pa185185_.jpg

Pa185186_.jpg

Pa195283_.jpg

David_LivinginTalisay

Kasai Village Beach Resort

Kasai Beach Resort is a first class dive resort located in Tuble, Moalboal, Cebu Philippines, away from the crowded areas. Originally opened in 2006 under Swedish management, it offers good accommodations and complete diving facilities.

Kasai Village Beach Resort rooms are spacious with king-sized bed or two twin beds. The Seaview rooms have a private balcony with lounge chairs offering excellent views of the sunset. There is also free internet WIFI access in the room among other amenities.

photo-1822.jpg

kasai_room%20exterior.jpg

kasai_room.jpg

Kasai Beach Resort doesn't have the best white sand beach in the area, but it probably has the best accommodations and room facilities among the resorts in Moalboal. It also has a swimming pool.

kasai_beach%20area.jpg

kasai_swimming%20pool.jpg

Kasai Village Room Features

• Climate controlled air conditioning
  • Fully stocked mini bar
  • Supply of emergency toiletries
  • Adjustable ceiling fans
  • Safety deposit box - in front office
  • Native furniture
  • Bathrooms are European standard with hot and cold water
  • Private patio/balcony

Kasai Village Resort Room Rates

• Seaview Deluxe (King-sized bed) - US$ 106 (single)
  • Seaview Deluxe (Twin Beds) - US$ 125 (twin share)
  • Poolside Deluxe (King-sized bed) - US$ 94 (single)
  • Poolside Deluxe (Twin Beds) - US$ 106 (twin share)

*Prices are per room, with free Breakfast

*Meal prices: Lunch: US$17, Dinner: US$19

*Contact us for prices in Philippine Peso

http://www.kasaivill...ccomodation.php

Room Descriptions

Kasai Village Beach Resort has 9 seaview deluxe rooms and 4 poolside deluxe rooms.

All accommodations are spacious and available with a either a king-size bed, and/or twin beds to sleep up to three adults or two adults and two children. All of our accommodations have a balcony in front as well as lounge chairs, tables and other furnishings. They're a desk with Internet wirefi access, a mini-bar and much more. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning.

Room features

• Climate controlled air conditioning
  • Fully stocked mini bar
  • Supply of emergency toiletries
  • Adjustable ceiling fans
  • Safety deposit box - In front office
  • Native Furnitures
  • Bathrooms are European standard with hot & cold water
  • Private patio/balcony

Please note, all rooms are non-smoking. Thank you!

Sea View Deluxe Room

Our most requested rooms are the Sea view rooms. Rooms are located directly on the beachfront with their own terrace. They offer magnificent views over Tañon Strait and the neighbouring island Negros.

sea-2.jpgsea-5.jpgsea-4.jpg

sea-6.jpgsea-3.jpg

Poolside Deluxe Room

Step outside your room and drop into the pool. Our deluxe rooms surround the stunning swimming pool area and the tropical garden. Each with their own patio and sun chairs to relax in.

pool-1.jpg pool-2.jpg pool-3.jpg

Paul

Hey David,

I don't know how true this may be, but I heard he was trying to find someone to take over / buy Asian Belgian

udonthani

Hey David,

I don't know how true this may be, but I heard he was trying to find someone to take over / buy Asian Belgian

let's hope that the Asian-Belgian doesn't end up being the overrpriced pile of overdeveloped garbage like that place is. He's good that guy. I don't even mind that the fan rooms are 1000 at the Asian-Belgian which makes them a touch on the expensive side. That's a lot less than that other place will sell them for.

tourists aren't going to pay these kind of room rates for the kind of product they can easily get elsewhere in the region for one-half to two-thirds of the price this joker is going to market at.

Paul

You know, whippy, if it were up to you, every fecking room in the Philippines would cost Php 100, with a Php 50 rebate for being YOU.

Edit: Yes, I have been drinking with a friend tonight, all afternoon in fact, and I'm in banning feckin' mode. So, please give me a reason tonight. PLEASE. ANYONE. I'm pumped and ready to go. feck it.

Edited by Admin

tim

You know, whippy, if it were up to you, every fecking room in the Philippines would cost Php 100, with a Php 50 rebate for being YOU.

Edit: Yes, I have been drinking with a friend tonight, all afternoon in fact, and I'm in banning feckin' mode. So, please give me a reason tonight. PLEASE. ANYONE. I'm pumped and ready to go. feck it.

Well drink a lot of water for each drink you consume. :oldtimer:

Thanks for the post David. Hopefully I will be able to visit the area on our next trip to Cebu. Still hoping for June 2011...

Paul
:oldtimer:

RogerBilliton

shocked.gif

why-me.gif

Paul

Does this mean you are pushing the envelope tonight?

There is absolutely no prejudice in my banning. I am happy to ban anyone equally. :oldtimer:

Edited by Admin

RogerBilliton

surrender.gif

There is absolutely no prejudice in my banning. I am happy to ban anyone equally. :oldtimer:

TheDuke

I want to visit white Beach so my daughter can play in the sand but I am kind of confused. Is it open to the public or do you have to stay in a hotel to get access to the beach? Also, what is the cheapest, decent place to stay that is close to or on the beach. Paul has recommended Love's resort so that is an option but I want to see if there is something closer to the beach itself. Thanks.

udonthani

as mentioned Asian Belgian is reasonable value, or at least the accommodation is if not the restaurant. Decent fan bungalows are 1000. It's on the beach there's a coral garden thats only 10 meters out.

here's their website http://www.asian-belgian-resort.com/

generously, he throws in free snorkel gear to guests if you haven't got your own.

best way to reserve is to actually ring the owner up on his mobile, which is listed on the site.

beware the trike mafia that have fixed prices up there off the bus. I heard they won't accept less than 150, when going the other way in a multi-cab is like 15 for the 7km ride.

you can arrange to hire a motorcycle at the resort for 500, which is not cheap. They'll be cheaper than that in town I imagine.

taxi from town straight there will be around 1500. Worth considering if there's a group of you.

• Like 1

Paul
I want to visit white Beach so my daughter can play in the sand but I am kind of confused. Is it open to the public or do you have to stay in a hotel to get access to the beach? Also, what is the cheapest, decent place to stay that is close to or on the beach. Paul has recommended Love's resort so that is an option but I want to see if there is something closer to the beach itself. Thanks.

There are areas on White Beach for you to go without having to deal with a resort. They offer cottages that you can rent as well, which will accommodate a number of people, probably 20 or so?

Julian C Thong

I'm a bit confused. David says he hasn't stayed at the place but the rules say you have to stay at least one night.

Can anyone advertise on here? Or is it just him allowed?

On-in-2

There is absolutely no prejudice in my banning. I am happy to ban anyone equally. ;)

If you wanna get the most ban(g) for your buck...

You ought to ban me...I bet you'd get a boat load of "Atta BoY" and "GoodJob" pmsfrom all my friends!!

Har de har har har

Pete of New Hampshire

• Like 2

David_LivinginTalisay

I'm a bit confused. David says he hasn't stayed at the place but the rules say you have to stay at least one night.

I was adding about White Beach on the

topicpreview.pngLoves Dive Resort MoalboalThread, since it start going somewhat off Topic as far as that 1 x Resort on South Panagsama Beach, but staying with Resorts and Beaches in Moalboal, I was adding more detail on White Beach.

I thought it better to have a separate Thread for Resorts on White Beach, hence this Thread.

Now if any Moderator says it not the appropriate SECTION, since it for REVIEWS only, then they can move it to a more appropriate Section.

Where do you get that idea, that I am 'Advertising' all these Resorts on White Beach - have you not read the 'Disclaimer' in my Signature?

• Like 2

fanboat

Moalboal;

eat at hot stuff

stay at loves-800 peso

eat at Roxy-play pool and listen to good music

breakfast @ the corner-150 peso bacon,eggs,toast,coffee,mango shake

disco from 11pm to 4am saturday night

• Like 1

joemama

Moalboal;

eat at hot stuff

stay at loves-800 peso

They changed the closing time for disco to 2am...thanks to A former manager of mine that had a case of being a Biatch....BTW , roxy has tacos now :shit_stirrer:

ArieBombarie

the family stayed at barefoot last month and very satisfied about the accomodation as well as the owners, it is a good place if you like to do your own dinner (own kitchen facilities) and traveling with a group, you get your own cabana at the beach

the pictures are deciving though they are all taken at high tide

Serena is likely the best allround resort, if you want to be at the beach and pool and with all facilities if you want cheaper go to the other beach and as Paul advised travel to white beach, on white beach there is not much enterainment (or hardly any)

Edited by ArieBombarie

thebob

Moalboal;

eat at hot stuff

stay at loves-800 peso

They changed the closing time for disco to 2am...thanks to A former manager of mine that had a case of being a Biatch....BTW , roxy has tacos now :notallthere:

Thanks for the "Hot Stuff" plug fanboat!

joemama the early closing at the disco seems to be because of pressure from a certain resort along the waterfront that was built knowing about the disco. Check the candidates for barangay councilor and you might get a hint.