Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Loves Dive Resort Moalboal

Paul

can anyone tell me please if Loves dive Resort has a real sandy beach good enough for children to play with their bucket and spade or is it all cliff and stoney ........... many thanks!

It is cliff and stoney. It has a very small beach down from the dive center, so people can go down the stairs to go swim, board a pump boat for diving or tours, etc.

I would suggest staying at a resort on Panagsama Beach, but visiting White Beach for the kids to do their sand and bucket thing. :banghead:

David_LivinginTalisay

800 for a fan room is OK in a beach location. Not brilliant, just OK. Not too sure what makes them think they can ask 1300 for one if they are asking for that. That's just a total rip off.

'udonthani' you seem to have a strange notion of Market Prices. It is all about supply and demand. If there is little demand, like in 'Off Season' when it rains a lot, then many Resorts will offer discounted prices so they can still cover thier costs, even if they make less profit. Better to do that than not make any profit and still have the overheads to pay for and staff wages etc.

During Peak Season where there is a lot of demand, hardly any Resort will offer discounts, except to personal friends and business associates.

To give an example, when my brother Peter visited us from Boracay with his fiance back in March, we took him to Kawasan Falls, then we decided to stay overnight @ Moalboal. A friend of ours suggested Cabana Beach Resort as she knew the owner, Chef Alfredo who also owns the La Tegola Restaurants in Cebuand the Italian Restaurant Marina Restaurant adjacent Cabana Beach Resort. in Moalbaol (along with some other Resorts).

img_0397.jpgP4010235.JPG

Even though it was High Season in March, we got 20% Discount off the Food in Cabana Beach Resort and 15%, if I recall correctly, off Cabana Beach Resort prices, so we stayed there. We had the 1 UNIT FAMILY ROOM (listed Php P3,000.00) as there was 4 of us. My brother and his Fiance had one of the 3 UNITS GARDEN VIEW ROOM (listed Php 2,600.00). (These were they only rooms that were available as it happened)

As I said, might take my son Paul to Moalboal in March next year when it is High Season. Might try seeing what discount LovesBeachResort offer against their listed prices in High Season, with advance booking, as a Forum Member.

ROOM RATES

Price per room, per night:

• Standard Room with fan, private Bathroom, breakfast: 1300 Peso
  • Standard Room with aircon, hot & cold shower, breakfast: 1600 Peso
  • Superior Room with aircon, hot & cold shower, breakfast: 2700 Peso
  • Seaview Deluxe Room with aircon, hot & cold shower, breakfast: 3000 Peso

David_LivinginTalisay

can anyone tell me please if Loves dive Resort has a real sandy beach good enough for children to play with their bucket and spade or is it all cliff and stoney ........... many thanks!

It is cliff and stoney. It has a very small beach down from the dive center, so people can go down the stairs to go swim, board a pump boat for diving or tours, etc.

I would suggest staying at a resort on Panagsama Beach, but visiting White Beach for the kids to do their sand and bucket thing. :D

I agree Paul, non of the Resorts on Panagsama Beach, including the North part, have good 'natural' beaches (and none at all @ high tide usually).

img_0405.jpg This bit of sand outside the beach front Rooms, is man made @ Cabana Beach Resort

White beach is the best as these photos from Google image search show:-

172522246oudcft_ph.jpg

white-beach-moalboal.jpg1498672.jpg

1.1261398109.white-beach-moalboal_4.jpg1498430.jpg

I have not stayed @ White Beach only made a part day visit, but it sure look inviting.

White Beach in Barangay Saavedra has just started to develop as a tourist destination. It is much more quiet and remote around there. At the weekend locals from all over the island enjoy the white sandy beach, BBQ, beach volley ball, karaoke and the clear sea.

http://www.virtourist.com/asia/philippines/moalboal/32.htm

Moalboal, White Beach

The central part of White Beach is frequented by locals. I did not see many foreigners when I was here. I only saw a tourist boat full of divers, who, most probably, stayed in one of the resorts in White Beach.

If you go to White Beach do not forget your snorkeling gear. The area is full of star fish and other small tropical fish. White Beach is especially recommended for families with little kids.

• Like 1

thebob

I agree Paul, non of the Resorts on Panagsama Beach, including the North part, have good 'natural' beaches (and none at all @ high tide usually).

img_0405.jpg This bit of sand outside the beach front Rooms, is man made @ Cabana Beach Resort

The sand in Panagsama is seasonal and can be found in different places, depending on the prevailing seasonal winds.

After the 1984 typhoon, on the recommendation of the oceanographic department at Siliman University, piers were built that were doing a good job of trapping the sand and it was slowly accumulating. Unfortunately a couple of years ago, when all of the small bars and restos north of Pacitas were demolished, so was a pier. Since then erosion of the remaining sand has been rapid.

If you look south from Chili bar, there is a small beach between there and "Hot Stuff Resto", for about 6 months of the year (northern hemisphere summer). It has usually disappeared by Christmas and reappears later in the year.

At very high tides, all of the sand at White Beach is submerged as well.